Todd Tiller HC at Ridgeview

justwinbaby

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

He did a fantastic job at Fort Chiswell cleaning up the dumpster-fire Tom Hale left behind.  I wasn't happy with the way he left but..........something about water and bridges!

It wasnt the best exit but its hard to blame a guy for going home 

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

He did a fantastic job at Fort Chiswell cleaning up the dumpster-fire Tom Hale left behind.  I wasn't happy with the way he left but..........something about water and bridges!

Could you tell me where Tom Hale hasn't left behind a "dumpster fire" in his coaching career?😂

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Tiller finished with a 16-18 record and one playoff win. A losing record is a fantastic job? 

11 minutes ago, Widespread_Panic said:

Tiller finished with a 16-18 record and one playoff win. A losing record is a fantastic job? 

His first season was 0-10 trying to rebuild what Hale destroyed.  After that, he was 16-8 with wins over Grayson County twice, Radford twice, Narrows, Galax, George Wythe and Chilhowie.  Chilhowie was in the midst of a multi-year state run.  Galax has reached the state semifinals every year since 2015.  George Wythe and Narrows is a perennial contender in Region C.  Radford reached the state finals during that stretch.  Grayson County beat Ridgeview in the playoffs during this stretch.

Pretty impressive to me given the success of those programs over the past 5 years!

11 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

I am shocked that the administration at Ridgeview waited this long...They Hired the Right guy...Big things are coming to Ridgeview!

Same here I really thought he was the logical choice after Mullins stepped down I understand wanting to dot the I's and cross the T's but it could have given him a chance to get plan for the team before everything shut down

Richlands will be better 😜. Ill predict it now...they make it to semifinals after beating Ridgeview at home. Gut feeling Richlands will be good this year and coach Wells will get Webb the ball. I see him in the backfield a lot more this year...if we even have football

16 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Richlands will be better 😜. Ill predict it now...they make it to semifinals after beating Ridgeview at home. Gut feeling Richlands will be good this year and coach Wells will get Webb the ball. I see him in the backfield a lot more this year...if we even have football

Central might have something to say about that ....😉

10 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Central might have something to say about that ....😉

Central for good reason should be favored heading into this season.  The Top 4 in the M7 and the Top 3 in the SWD are going to be pretty strong this season.  Should be a very good season for SWVA football in 2A.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Central for good reason should be favored heading into this season.  The Top 4 in the M7 and the Top 3 in the SWD are going to be pretty strong this season.  Should be a very good season for SWVA football in 2A.

Absolutely! Just holding out on all hope that a season happens.