No Summer Practice or Workouts Until Further Notice Per VHSL

Gridiron60

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

Football without fans, would it be possible for the VHSL to allows schools to live stream the games and have fans pay? I know thats in place for some games and has been used before. 

Can it be done? Lol. Can places like Twin Valley or Rye Cove etc have the resources and the Internet it takes to stream? 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Can it be done? Lol. Can places like Twin Valley or Rye Cove etc have the resources and the Internet it takes to stream? 

I’d say some places would be hard pressed to accomplish this. I’d rather have limits on fans attending in person with the option of streaming for others in places where it can be done. A high school football game without fans doesn’t seem right. 

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Scott County Telephone CO-OP installed a wifi system at all three county football stadiums, and gymnasiums last year to try and improve connectivity for fans/teams. 

Hey im an idea man, I throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

Just about every team records their games with HUDL, doesn't seem like too far of a stretch to stream that feed.

The lady from Appomattox was able to FB Live the Appo/Graham game last year by getting a local company to pay the VHSLs fee, why couldnt fans pool their money and do the same thing?

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Hey im an idea man, I throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

Just about every team records their games with HUDL, doesn't seem like too far of a stretch to stream that feed.

The lady from Appomattox was able to FB Live the Appo/Graham game last year by getting a local company to pay the VHSLs fee, why couldnt fans pool their money and do the same thing?

Wouldn’t be able to use Facebook. You can’t charge someone to watch it. So you’d get no revenue. Schools won’t go for that. 

Well if things arent open for fans the schools wont get anything anyway.

and I dont mean you and me pay so you and me can watch on FB live. I mean some members of the community pool their money so everyone in the community can watch. Its not perfect, no close, but its WAY better than what the alternative may be, no fans and no broadcasts.