Richlands staff

local_insight

23 minutes ago, local_insight said:

I guess you guys were right. Ronnie Davis and Frank Daugherty are out at Richlands. Mike Compton(former Patriot)and Brandon Compton to replace. Via Richlands coach. 

You’re half right. 

23 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

You’re half right. 

Care to clarify? Lol I was Davis was going to coach at another county school close to my heart and I heard Compton didn’t apply for head coach so I cannot imagine he’d leave UVA-Wise to be an assistant high school coach but stranger things have happened I guess. Maybe coaching assignments will be approved a June meeting and we can all quit speculating. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Care to clarify? Lol I was Davis was going to coach at another county school close to my heart and I heard Compton didn’t apply for head coach so I cannot imagine he’d leave UVA-Wise to be an assistant high school coach but stranger things have happened I guess. Maybe coaching assignments will be approved a June meeting and we can all quit speculating. 

I would wait for the Board meeting....may be June or July before they are approved, my guess will be that it will come out at the June meeting, if things look like they will be ready to start up in July.

15 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I would wait for the Board meeting....may be June or July before they are approved, my guess will be that it will come out at the June meeting, if things look like they will be ready to start up in July.

Hopefully, June to squash all rumors and get on with it! I really don’t have a dog in the fight as far as coaching staff at Richlands. I’m satisfied with Graham’s. If Davis comes onboard I’m good with that if not, I may have heard wrong. I just hope we have football and they can start up in July.  The kids and coaches need it. Heck, as fans we need it! Spring has really sucked as far as sports at all levels. 

51 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Hopefully, June to squash all rumors and get on with it! I really don’t have a dog in the fight as far as coaching staff at Richlands. I’m satisfied with Graham’s. If Davis comes onboard I’m good with that if not, I may have heard wrong. I just hope we have football and they can start up in July.  The kids and coaches need it. Heck, as fans we need it! Spring has really sucked as far as sports at all levels. 

If they come back and be diligent about protecting people the best they can.  In the end, it is a personal decision between parent's and their children if they want to play.  I can imagine some sort of waiver being signed or something along those lines (that would be smart anyway) in order to participate and play.  All of us in this mess need to be responsible for ourselves with less government interference, but that's just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Richlands staff approved last night along with Tazewell & Graham. I heard Davis was would be coaching at Graham & not defensive coordinator at Richlands. Guess sometimes rumors are creditable. No Mike Compton, I’m not sure thread or member said he’d be assistant coach but I honestly could not see that happening when he didn’t even apply for head coach. 

3 hours ago, Irishman said:

Will Mr. Davis, be the girls softball coach, next season ?

I wouldn't think so IF he goes to Graham to coach. Would sure hate to see Ronnie ( coach Davis ) go.  He's a good guy and a good coach and would be a good addition to any coaching staff.  I think Brandon will do a very good job in Richlands and I am happy that He and Thad are here now,  but I wish that Ronnie could have stayed and had a role in our coaching staff.  But Thad has a right to choose whom ever he wants to be his coordinators and coaches and he has had success wherever he's been so far,  just as coach Davis has the right to go wherever he feels is best for him !

But I wish coach Davis the best wherever he ends up,  just wish him a little more success if he is able to stay here somehow !

1 hour ago, Bigrhsfan said:

I wouldn't think so IF he goes to Graham to coach. Would sure hate to see Ronnie ( coach Davis ) go.  He's a good guy and a good coach and would be a good addition to any coaching staff.  I think Brandon will do a very good job in Richlands and I am happy that He and Thad are here now,  but I wish that Ronnie could have stayed and had a role in our coaching staff.  But Thad has a right to choose whom ever he wants to be his coordinators and coaches and he has had success wherever he's been so far,  just as coach Davis has the right to go wherever he feels is best for him !

But I wish coach Davis the best wherever he ends up,  just wish him a little more success if he is able to stay here somehow !

School Board met Monday Night.  Davis is at Graham.  

4 hours ago, Bigrhsfan said:

Any Word on the other assistant coaches?

7 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Any Word on the other assistant coaches?

Thad, Brandon Compton, Chris Altizer, Jeff Tarter, Aaron Lowe, Adam Davis, Frank Taylor, Terry Wess, & Bull Horn. I’ve also heard Brannon Breeding & Reece Strong. But they weren’t on the list from the school board meeting. So not sure about those two. 

16 hours ago, Irishman said:

Will Mr. Davis, be the girls softball coach, next season ?

If he's still teaching at Richlands, I don't see why he couldn't coach softball if he wanted. With Mac Osborne graduated, I wouldn't be surprised if he elected to not coach softball. Quit on a high note, Osborne is something special. I'm not taking away from the rest of the team but without her, I doubt Richlands would have ended up in championship three years in a row and win last year. In softball and baseball for that matter, pitching is everything. I'm anxious to see her college play.

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

If he's still teaching at Richlands, I don't see why he couldn't coach softball if he wanted. With Mac Osborne graduated, I wouldn't be surprised if he elected to not coach softball. Quit on a high note, Osborne is something special. I'm not taking away from the rest of the team but without her, I doubt Richlands would have ended up in championship three years in a row and win last year. In softball and baseball for that matter, pitching is everything. I'm anxious to see her college play.

Elite softball pitchers seem to be bred around here. I can recall several in my lifetime, but maybe None more dominant than Osborne.

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Wasn’t just her. That was a group of 7 seniors who played basically every game for their 3 seasons they got. Would have been the favorite to repeat with 7 seniors coming back. I would bow out, too lol. 

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Elite softball pitchers seem to be bred around here. I can recall several in my lifetime, but maybe None more dominant than Osborne.

Softball is the most competitive sport in SWVA by far.  Its not close.  I heard a month or two ago Davis is probably leaving Richlands softball also and who may replace him from someone I think has a decent idea.  Im not guaranteeing it but I think its more likely than not his last game as the coach at Richlands was a state championship.

16 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Wasn’t just her. That was a group of 7 seniors who played basically every game for their 3 seasons they got. Would have been the favorite to repeat with 7 seniors coming back. I would bow out, too lol. 

Like I said I wasn't taking anything away from the others but she was the elite player on the team. They won 1-0 in championship game. That’s the pitcher winning the championship.  I agree if Osborne was pitching to the standard she was last year, they would have most likely repeated.

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Thad, Brandon Compton, Chris Altizer, Jeff Tarter, Aaron Lowe, Adam Davis, Frank Taylor, Terry Wess, & Bull Horn. I’ve also heard Brannon Breeding & Reece Strong. But they weren’t on the list from the school board meeting. So not sure about those two. 

I like the sound of the staff ! Love seeing so many ex-players make up the staff and it's also good to see Tarter stay and Wess back !

6 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Softball is the most competitive sport in SWVA by far.  Its not close.  I heard a month or two ago Davis is probably leaving Richlands softball also and who may replace him from someone I think has a decent idea.  Im not guaranteeing it but I think its more likely than not his last game as the coach at Richlands was a state championship.

I believe that's bc young girls (who have dad's that were athletes in high school lol) don't have as many options athletics-wise and all start softball really young and so there are more quality softball players all throughout the area. 

3 hours ago, Bigrhsfan said:

I like the sound of the staff ! Love seeing so many ex-players make up the staff and it's also good to see Tarter stay and Wess back !

I heard Mr. Davis, was asked to stay, on the football staff, but declined. I am sure he will be happy coaching with his brother.  

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I heard Mr. Davis, was asked to stay, on the football staff, but declined. I am sure he will be happy coaching with his brother.  

After being passed over for the HC position, I don’t say I blame him if he was offered & declined. I’m sure you’re correct that he will be happy coaching at Graham with Snake. Sometimes change is good for the soul. 

19 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

After being passed over for the HC position, I don’t say I blame him if he was offered & declined. I’m sure you’re correct that he will be happy coaching at Graham with Snake. Sometimes change is good for the soul. 

I think they both will be happy coaching together again.  I played ball with and have been good friends with snake and have known Ronnie most of our lives and think a lot of them both.  I wish them both the best..........except when our 2 schools play each other.

21 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I believe that's bc young girls (who have dad's that were athletes in high school lol) don't have as many options athletics-wise and all start softball really young and so there are more quality softball players all throughout the area. 

They start as early in basketball as they do softball. Volleyball is slightly different in that regard but more are starting earlier.   Scott Rec has been running volleyball starting in 2nd grade for quite some time that was much earlier than anyone else for a long time.

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

They start as early in basketball as they do softball. Volleyball is slightly different in that regard but more are starting earlier.   Scott Rec has been running volleyball starting in 2nd grade for quite some time that was much earlier than anyone else for a long time.

And this area produces a TON of very good girls basketball players. The M7 has basically owned 2A basketball for a decade now. But I still believe more girls play truly competitive softball than basketball around here.