Richlands staff

local_insight

6 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Rather unusual in football, but very common in "non revenue" sports -- particularly soccer.  Richlands already has one other example in Fred Phillips (boys basketball coach who is actually employed by the Town of Richlands).

Football was what I was mainly referring to, I always assumed every head FB coach was employed in the school system, but if the school is fine with it, I have no issues with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 3:16 PM, BigWinners said:

I can't remember a head coach ever not being a teacher or on the faculty in some way. Are there any other examples around here im missing?

Brian Summers is Head basketball and baseball at Castlewood and doesn't teach and Honaker's new basketball coaching staff has no teachers. 

I think if any school is looking for any kind of coach in any sport they need to come to Eastman in Kingsport because there are probably around 2000 of the 8000 that work here that believe they can coach any sport and they would do it for free because they already have a day job!

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 6:59 AM, SXSW said:

I think if any school is looking for any kind of coach in any sport they need to come to Eastman in Kingsport because there are probably around 2000 of the 8000 that work here that believe they can coach any sport and they would do it for free because they already have a day job!

Truth!

On 7/10/2020 at 6:59 AM, SXSW said:

You mean people like LHL that works at THE EASTMAN?

4 hours ago, GC_Quincy said:

Oh I thought he was referring to the DB crowd. Come visit my building sometime...lol

DB has 52 head coaches and South has about 20 just in my buildings!