Tazewell 2020

Bulldogs52

30 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I think superintendents and VHSL may be having a meeting today (conference call possibly or Zoom). I’m not sure of the details. Then Governor is supposed to address school reopening Thursday postponed from Tuesday. I’m still hopeful. Basically, the governor has everyone’s hands tied at this point. SWVA could start conditioning right away with whatever restrictions they need to put in place.  

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I don’t know if I read that as pessimistic.  Haun comes off as a competent, pragmatic leader to me.  The situation is highly fluid, and there’s still many moving pieces to be determined, most of which are controlled by our Omnipotent Governor.  I do like his line that so much has happened between April 1st and now, and just as much change can be expected between now and August 1st.

48 minutes ago, eagles99med said:

VA football teams that play out of state schools will be at a huge disadvantage if we don’t start back up soon. TN started Monday. Even though it’s basically lifting/running, it’s better than nothing. 

Honestly, under Phase II, there’s no reason running can’t occur Friday if social distancing and in-person limits are observed.

5 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I don’t know if I read that as pessimistic.  Haun comes off as a competent, pragmatic leader to me.  The situation is highly fluid, and there’s still many moving pieces to be determined, most of which are controlled by our Omnipotent Governor.  I do like his line that so much has happened between April 1st and now, and just as much change can be expected between now and August 1st.

Honestly, under Phase II, there’s no reason running can’t occur Friday if social distancing and in-person limits are observed.

I agree. With Phase II underway Friday, the VHSL should follow suit and allow basic conditioning at the least. 

I think the major problem with fall sports will be crowd control.  Players and coaches will pretty much follow the rules laid down by VHSL, but social distancing at the Backyard Brawl will be almost impossible to control, especially with the Bulldawgs having a shot at beating the Blues as many are predicting, can you imagine how many fans will be at that one game.  I hope, beyond hope, that we have a football season, but with our Governor, who knows?  We all need some form of normal right now, and like previous stated in this thread, if people can gather in the streets of major cities to protest, and exercise their constitutional rights, (which I totally agree with) than it would only seem right to allow fall sports to happen. Everyone please stay safe, and pray that we can get our teams on the field this season.

21 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

I think the major problem with fall sports will be crowd control.  Players and coaches will pretty much follow the rules laid down by VHSL, but social distancing at the Backyard Brawl will be almost impossible to control, especially with the Bulldawgs having a shot at beating the Blues as many are predicting, can you imagine how many fans will be at that one game.  I hope, beyond hope, that we have a football season, but with our Governor, who knows?  We all need some form of normal right now, and like previous stated in this thread, if people can gather in the streets of major cities to protest, and exercise their constitutional rights, (which I totally agree with) than it would only seem right to allow fall sports to happen. Everyone please stay safe, and pray that we can get our teams on the field this season.

I think it will be interesting to see how badly any hotspots pop up from these protests. That could be an indicator of what moving forward will be like.

3 hours ago, coachmorsi said:

Looking forward to the Bulldogs coming to Welch for our home opener, what a way to open a new stadium with a team from The Southwest District.

Can’t wait to hopefully check that out!

11 hours ago, coachmorsi said:

Looking forward to the Bulldogs coming to Welch for our home opener, what a way to open a new stadium with a team from The Southwest District.

Looking forward to making that trip!  It’s a picturesque site on the ridge anyway, and it appears the new stadium is coming along well.  A nice jewel decades in the making!

If this is the year Tazwell can knock off Graham, they could end up being 5-0 going to Richlands for a game that could decide the SWD. If Tazwell can beat both the SWD big dogs, 9-1 seems like a very real possibility. That may be a little optimistic, but 8-2 is likely good for no lower than the third seed in 2D, even 7-3 will likely have Tazwell hosting a home playoff game and 7-3 seems like a good bet. 

what is best case/worst case scenario from the Tazwell people? Seems like even 5-5 would be seen as a disaster, with a pretty favorable schedule. At Bluefield looks like the only 100% L, at Richlands will be a tough task, beating Graham is NEVER easy and the trip to Grundy prob won't be a cakewalk but the rest seem very winnable.