THE UNDERTAKER

Tigers_07

today is a sad day for the pro-wrestling fan in me. my favorite WWE superstar of all-time has decided to retire. he said in the 5-part documentary "THE LAST RIDE" that at this point of his life and career he has no desire to get back in the ring and It's time for this cowboy really rides away. what are some of y'alls favorite WWE match/moments involving THE UNDERTAKER

I fell off in the early 2000s, but the 98 Hell in a Cell may be the most iconic match of our lifetimes. Seeing Foley go off that cage man, it was wild. Bc it was Undertaker doing the ass kicking, you knew he was trying to make sure Mankind was alright but it was still insane.

And the HIAC against Shawn Michaels in 97 is prob the best all around HIAC match ever. Michaels is the GOAT in ring and Undertaker was at top of his game. Insane match. 

I was lucky enough to be about 30 rows from ringside to watch Taker/HHH at WM27 in Atlanta. No Holds Barred match. Absolutely incredible. The highlight of what was a pretty mild WM. His entrance gave me chills. Just awe inspiring. 

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I was lucky enough to be about 30 rows from ringside to watch Taker/HHH at WM27 in Atlanta. No Holds Barred match. Absolutely incredible. The highlight of what was a pretty mild WM. His entrance gave me chills. Just awe inspiring. 

I was in the upper deck and had to use binoculars to watch that match.  Lol

The two noteworthy HIAC matches are surely what everyone will remember that are old enough to remember.

I am old enough however to be one of those who didn't even start watching WWE/F until the mid 90's because I didn't have it in my TV package until then.  So, who is old enough to remember Mean Mark from WCW?  And who thought that guy would be the most iconic wrestling superstar of our era?

14 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I was in the upper deck and had to use binoculars to watch that match.  Lol

The two noteworthy HIAC matches are surely what everyone will remember that are old enough to remember.

I am old enough however to be one of those who didn't even start watching WWE/F until the mid 90's because I didn't have it in my TV package until then.  So, who is old enough to remember Mean Mark from WCW?  And who thought that guy would be the most iconic wrestling superstar of our era?

I remember the Skyscrapers, when he replaced Sid I believe and tagged with Dan Spivey. Mostly in watching old WCW tapes. 

It's wild to think of Undertaker and Kane, two of the most influential wrestling gimmicks of all time, at one time were Mean Mark Callous and Isaac Yankem (and fake Diesel) lolol

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 11:40 PM, BigWinners said:

I remember the Skyscrapers, when he replaced Sid I believe and tagged with Dan Spivey. Mostly in watching old WCW tapes. 

It's wild to think of Undertaker and Kane, two of the most influential wrestling gimmicks of all time, at one time were Mean Mark Callous and Isaac Yankem (and fake Diesel) lolol

And current Knox County mayor

• 4 months later...

HIAC '98 was insane. Just incredible brutality in(and around) the ring. Truly an iconic match.

Undertakers battles with Kane were great. Two great big men with tons of in ring ability and the aura they projected... shew. That may never be seen again in pro wrestling.

To build off that statement, will we ever see another wrestler with those type of "supernatural powers" in wrestling again that is (at least in the sphere of pro wrestling) believable and not just corny? Its gimmicky but damn if they both didnt make it work. Bray Wyatt channels that with his entrance and whole persona but idk if its the same  

On 11/24/2020 at 3:52 PM, redtiger said:

HIAC '98 was insane. Just incredible brutality in(and around) the ring. Truly an iconic match.

Undertakers battles with Kane were great. Two great big men with tons of in ring ability and the aura they projected... shew. That may never be seen again in pro wrestling.

To build off that statement, will we ever see another wrestler with those type of "supernatural powers" in wrestling again that is (at least in the sphere of pro wrestling) believable and not just corny? Its gimmicky but damn if they both didnt make it work. Bray Wyatt channels that with his entrance and whole persona but idk if its the same  

No because Vinnie Mac has lost all sanity when it comes to what makes pro wrestling great.  AEW is the new fed to watch.