Rumor

Tru Blue 72

I have heard a couple of rumors about Richlands football already, but I haven't heard that one yet.  Also, if this is true, nobody really knows yet if and when there will be a football season, it would be hard to make that kind of decision at this point.  If he really wants to go to UVA, I don't see what one season of High School Football would matter anyway.  Right now, I am more of I'll believe it when I see it.  I've heard rumblings of players from the VA side going to play in WV or TN if we don't have a season.  A few names have been thrown out there, but I won't put any names on this board, because it's just hearsay, but it wouldn't be a surprise to me that if Virginia doesn't play and WV and TN play, that there will be more than a few kids that will play elsewhere, especially if they think they can improve their chances to get a scholarship

Wouldn't college programs like UVA already have their staff nailed down this close to the beginning of the season?  I find it difficult to believe a major college program would be looking for a high school coach to fill a spot in late June!

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Wouldn't college programs like UVA already have their staff nailed down this close to the beginning of the season?  I find it difficult to believe a major college program would be looking for a high school coach to fill a spot in late June!

There are tons of "behind the scenes" coaches nowadays, not just the guys you see on the sideline.  There are "coaches" now that do nothing but search out talent...they sit in an office and watch videos all day (kind sounds like what I do) and create "leads" for new recruits.

22 minutes ago, GMan said:

There are tons of "behind the scenes" coaches nowadays, not just the guys you see on the sideline.  There are "coaches" now that do nothing but search out talent...they sit in an office and watch videos all day (kind sounds like what I do) and create "leads" for new recruits.

I'm aware.  But wouldn't an ACC program already have those guys in place by late June?  Seems unlikely given Mark Dixon couldn't find a coaching position at the college level in 2017 and he began in early March.

8 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I'm aware.  But wouldn't an ACC program already have those guys in place by late June?  Seems unlikely given Mark Dixon couldn't find a coaching position at the college level in 2017 and he began in early March.

UVA is completely full at the inn, so it’s bogus.  We have had very, very little turnover under Mendenhall.  We had 1 spot open up this season (Vic So’oto), and it was pretty quickly filled (Clint Sintim).  And we’re not Alabama, who employees every ex head coach coming and going in some fraudulent “assistant” role.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

UVA is completely full at the inn, so it’s bogus.  We have had very, very little turnover under Mendenhall.  We had 1 spot open up this season (Vic So’oto), and it was pretty quickly filled (Clint Sintim).  And we’re not Alabama, who employees every ex head coach coming and going in some fraudulent “assistant” role.

Analyst. 🙂

Dp_d4h7W4AEwpY5.jpg

15 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

UPDATE:  Heard from a very reliable source, Wells is not going anywhere, just rumors!!!!

Heard the same thing. 

I think because he has move in a couple of jobs in the past, these type of rumors will probably be heard for a while here.  I personally am not going to worry about any of these type of rumors until he actually does leave...........IF and when he does.  In the mean time I just hope he does a great job with the program ( which I think he will ) at both winning football games and help develop these young men for their next stage in life after high school !

9 hours ago, sixcat said:

Schools keep hiring staff to do things like this, no limit to it but it puts more football knowledge into a program.

On 6/23/2020 at 8:25 AM, GMan said:

That would be a awsome job to have as long as you can land some great talent...the Homies need to hire some guys from the 757 area so they can start getting all the talent out that way like we use to..now Penn st ,Ohio st, and other big football schools is taking all the top talent from out that way....

10 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

That would be a awsome job to have as long as you can land some great talent...the Homies need to hire some guys from the 757 area so they can start getting all the talent out that way like we use to..now Penn st ,Ohio st, and other big football schools is taking all the top talent from out that way....

Wait, your homies? Or my homies? Or his homies?

11 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

I'm not certain VT can rebuild the burned bridges to the 757...

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

What happened there? I'm not aware of that situation.

(1) Fuente has the personality of a tire iron and can be abrasive in certain settings.

(2) Fuente’s not made himself and his staff particularly available to the 757, and he’s openly flaunted this #TX2VT crap that’s falling like an anvil.  

(3) Kids aren’t happy and are transferring out by the dozens, and that reputation moves fast.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

(1) Fuente has the personality of a tire iron and can be abrasive in certain settings.

(2) Fuente’s not made himself and his staff particularly available to the 757, and he’s openly flaunted this #TX2VT crap that’s falling like an anvil.  

(3) Kids aren’t happy and are transferring out by the dozens, and that reputation moves fast.

Gotcha. I knew Fuente did not have a reputation for being a people person and I'm by no means a Tech fan but I hope they don't fully implode in the next two years. I think Mitchell has a legit shot at making an NFL roster and having a stable foundation is important.

It's going to be hard for VT to get back to the place they were under Beamer as far as recruiting that area.  Fuente does not seem to be that well liked out there right now and you also have UVA and Maryland making in roads there,  along with the other P5 schools recruiting there,  like a Penn st.

Whether you like, hate or are indifferent to either UVA or Md,  both are making in roads to that area.  UVA has shown a lot of improvement in their program and are making efforts to better recruit that part of Va.  Md's coach M.Locksley has not shown "ANY" coaching chops at all,  BUT, he is a beast when it comes to recruiting !  The kids love him and trust him and he is pulling in high 3 star and 4 star and an occasional 5 star kids from all over,  but especially the DMV area and some from the tidewater area.  There is also Penn St.  who has the tradition and history to also pull some talent from there.   Franklin knows that area well from when he was a coach at Md. The draw to play in the SEC and B10 are also causing issues.