Rumor

Tru Blue 72

6 hours ago, Blue Cannonball said:

Great research — Another UVA grad really maxing out that ‘Southern Ivy’ education. Ha! 

You missed WR Peele, Navy commit and though CJ is going to Coastal, he had ACC offers that he left on the table. Either way, my only real ‘argument’ is that the original assessment on the status of 757 youth sports (offered by sixcat) is a little dated...not entirely inaccurate. 

As we’ve discussed relative to SWVA, talent is cyclical and yes, the 2020 757 class wasn’t loaded, but there are still lots of big time players in tidewater. We have seen a couple guys get pulled to IMG or other football factories, but for the sake of VA football, I hope that’s a quick trend...

It’s funny to me that guys sitting behind keyboards in SWVA doing research on 24/7 and VB Mustangs website can offer such informed opinions. 

Good lord the geographical bias. Nice to know we in SWVA aren’t supposed to do research. 🤷🏻‍♂️

13 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

If I were a UT fan I'd probably worry more about my team losing to Georgia State last year than anything that Va Tech does. 

Suit yourself. 

7 hours ago, Blue Cannonball said:

Great research — Another UVA grad really maxing out that ‘Southern Ivy’ education. Ha! 

You missed WR Peele, Navy commit and though CJ is going to Coastal, he had ACC offers that he left on the table. Either way, my only real ‘argument’ is that the original assessment on the status of 757 youth sports (offered by sixcat) is a little dated...not entirely inaccurate. 

As we’ve discussed relative to SWVA, talent is cyclical and yes, the 2020 757 class wasn’t loaded, but there are still lots of big time players in tidewater. We have seen a couple guys get pulled to IMG or other football factories, but for the sake of VA football, I hope that’s a quick trend...

It’s funny to me that guys sitting behind keyboards in SWVA doing research on 24/7 and VB Mustangs website can offer such informed opinions. 

Well, aren’t you a little big for your britches. 

10 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Good lord the geographical bias. Nice to know we in SWVA aren’t supposed to do research. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We're not suppose to play football either, in fact most believe that the state of VA's western border is Salem.  SWVA is just an imaginary place to those who live east of Salem. A lot of people also think SWVA is  full of uneducated people who can't read or write, and don't know diddly about football.  Been that way for years, even the VHSL has a hard time accepting that our high schools have a football program. lol

17 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

We're not suppose to play football either, in fact most believe that the state of VA's western border is Salem.  SWVA is just an imaginary place to those who live east of Salem. A lot of people also think SWVA is  full of uneducated people who can't read or write, and don't know diddly about football.  Been that way for years, even the VHSL has a hard time accepting that our high schools have a football program. lol

Folks east of Richmond think SWVA = South - West Virginia

21 hours ago, Blue Cannonball said:

Everyone on here knows everything. Just look at the Covid 19 discussions. You would think every poster on here got their degree in infectious diseases from Harvard and works for the CDC in their spare time.  

2 hours ago, old_school said:

Personnel Changes has Thad resigning as Teacher on 6/17/2020 and also resigning as Athletic Director. Adam Davis also resigning as Assistant HS Football

Well this seems like kind of a big deal. Timing is really bad to try and find a new coach when most hires have already been completed. 

12 minutes ago, Widespread_Panic said:

Everyone on here knows everything. Just look at the Covid 19 discussions. You would think every poster on here got their degree in infectious diseases from Harvard and works for the CDC in their spare time.  

I’d be willing to bet that you don’t have an MPH in Epidemiology, either.  That makes your opinions on the topic about the same as everyone else’s.  Why leftists get so butthurt when people use objective data to disagree with them, God only knows.

As for recruiting, anyone with a computer and 4th grade math skills can track this stuff. It’s not exactly neuroscience.  Not my fault that objective data pretty clearly shows exactly the point Sixcat was trying to prove.  

1 hour ago, Widespread_Panic said:

That's ok. VT still beat UVA in 2018. 

I’m just spitballin’ here, but didn’t (1) Drago lose that fight and slip into disgrace and (2) Rocky get irreversible Parkinson’s-like brain damage from the fight referenced in your avatar?

But it’s all good.  39-30 homes.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

I’m just spitballin’ here, but didn’t (1) Drago lose that fight and slip into disgrace and (2) Rocky get irreversible Parkinson’s-like brain damage from the fight referenced in your avatar?

But it’s all good.  39-30 homes.

Yep. UVA has the upper hand until Tech beats them. Until then, VT fans have to deal with it. Just like VT fans have to deal with Bristol. Just like we had to deal with the 09 Chick Fil A Bowl. 

7 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

I commented in "Richlands staff" thread as well.  Resignation as a teacher and AD doesn't necessarily mean that he won't be coaching football.

This is true.  You do not have to work in the school system to be the head football coach.  

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

This is true.  You do not have to work in the school system to be the head football coach.  

Is that a county by county thing or is it a state thing? I mean does the state say it's fine to have a HC that isn't employed by the system or is it the decision of a school system?

14 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

School systems make the call. 

You are correct, but the question I have in all this is "will Wells still be paid the same, or does this mean reduction in pay rate?" just asking out of curiosity. Just looks like he's giving up a lot here.  On an different thread, I think it may have been the MANCE thread, someone said Wells would only take the HC job if he could also be the AD to enhance his resume.

2 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

You are correct, but the question I have in all this is "will Wells still be paid the same, or does this mean reduction in pay rate?" just asking out of curiosity. Just looks like he's giving up a lot here.  On an different thread, I think it may have been the MANCE thread, someone said Wells would only take the HC job if he could also be the AD to enhance his resume.

A High school football coach would not make enough to make a living just being the football coach.  He would have to work somewhere else also. The AD job is on an administrative pay scale, typically AD's teach half a day and do the A.D. job half a day.  A few year's back the head football coach got about $9,000 on top of their regular pay to coach football.  Not sure what it is now, I'm sure it's posted somewhere on the county website.  If he resigned those positions, he should only be paid as the football coach. ($9,000 a few years back). 

Perhaps he is giving up the A.D. position and taking a teaching position (a pretty big pay cut), if that's the case, it may not be until the next board meeting that you see him approved as a teacher in his "new" position. Lot of shuffling of personnel in the summertime, people come and go, switch schools, move away, etc...

On 7/1/2020 at 4:30 PM, Blue 72 said:

On 7/1/2020 at 6:53 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

A High school football coach would not make enough to make a living just being the football coach.  He would have to work somewhere else also. The AD job is on an administrative pay scale, typically AD's teach half a day and do the A.D. job half a day.  A few year's back the head football coach got about $9,000 on top of their regular pay to coach football.  Not sure what it is now, I'm sure it's posted somewhere on the county website.  If he resigned those positions, he should only be paid as the football coach. ($9,000 a few years back). 

Perhaps he is giving up the A.D. position and taking a teaching position (a pretty big pay cut), if that's the case, it may not be until the next board meeting that you see him approved as a teacher in his "new" position. Lot of shuffling of personnel in the summertime, people come and go, switch schools, move away, etc...

He is not teaching or doing the AD job. He has resigned from both. 

I know Thad reads on here from time to time, and I'm not the person to say why he does one thing or another when it's their personal life. But if a man can make the same amount of money in another industry and also be home to see his young children grow, I'm not sure there isn't a father out there who would take that option.

19 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

He is not teaching or doing the AD job. He has resigned from both. 

I know Thad reads on here from time to time, and I'm not the person to say why he does one thing or another when it's their personal life. But if a man can make the same amount of money in another industry and also be home to see his young children grow, I'm not sure there isn't a father out there who would take that option.

I don't blame him at all and I think it's great if he is able to spend more time with his kids !  You will never look back in life and say I spent too much time with my kids,  but you might look back and regret not spending enough time with them.

My daughter is 35 now and time has sure has flown by.  At one time I was working 3 jobs to try and make sure my family had the things that I didn't have and wanted to provide,  but I wish at times I would have not worried so much about that and spent a little more of my time with them instead of my money. 

I did realize while she was still fairly young what my mistake was and fixed it and made sure I spent as much time with her as I could,  but I still regret the first few years.  You can never get those back.  Those years while they are young will absolutely fly by !

Please remember this to those of you that still have young ones or are expecting a child ! 

1 hour ago, Bigrhsfan said:

I don't blame him at all and I think it's great if he is able to spend more time with his kids !  You will never look back in life and say I spent too much time with my kids,  but you might look back and regret not spending enough time with them.

My daughter is 35 now and time has sure has flown by.  At one time I was working 3 jobs to try and make sure my family had the things that I didn't have and wanted to provide,  but I wish at times I would have not worried so much about that and spent a little more of my time with them instead of my money. 

I did realize while she was still fairly young what my mistake was and fixed it and made sure I spent as much time with her as I could,  but I still regret the first few years.  You can never get those back.  Those years while they are young will absolutely fly by !

Please remember this to those of you that still have young ones or are expecting a child ! 

Oh I follow that advice closely. We are certainly not rich. And I could probably do more to make some more money on the side. But I’d rather spend my time with family and friends. Memories mean more than money. 

I'm guilty, like a lot of working class people of buying into that money, money, money; work , work, work attitude. I've never heard of anyone on their death bed say, "I wish I had spent more time at work."  It has always been, "I wish I had spent more time with my family."  So I can fully understand wanting to have more time with family, and I'm glad that I saw this years ago while my daughter was still young.  I think Thad is wise enough to know that the job isn't what fulfills a mans life, its the memories made with loved ones that will create a lasting legacy.