VA kids transfer to WV for fall football?

footballfanatic

None.  I know plans are in place, but I doubt football takes place in either state this fall.  On the flip side, how many parents would rather wait this out and have their kids play in the spring for safety issues?  More scouts would see them in the spring, theoretically.  There are 2 sides to this coin.  I don't think we see fall sports in either state, but I could be wrong and WV may go for the gusto and try to play come hail or high water.  Setting themselves up for a rough time of it, if you ask me.  If just one kid tests positive on a team, practices and games for that team will be shut down for a period of time.  How can you justify getting kids back on that field playing after, say a 2 or 3 week layoff due to the virus, without conditioning and risking injury and further infections.  Slippery slope, if you ask me.  I liked what WV has planned at first, but the more I think about it, it's a disaster waiting to happen.  I'm surprised people haven't come out against their plan already.  I know, kids are at lower risk, etc...  None of that matters if it's "your" kid.  I see both sides of the debate, but I don't think football happens this fall in WV.

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Cannot emphasize this statement enough. Whatever you feel -- when you kid gets it -- your whole world tilts off axis. Believe me. 

Yep, I've known 12 people so far who have tested positive.

3 - Dead, including my neighbor. The ages were 53, 61 and 74. My neighbor was 74, but aside from normal older folks stuff, was otherwise healthy. Her daughter said she went from fine one evening, to coughing and had a slight fever the next, to calling her at work the next morning to see if she could leave work and take her to Urgent Care because she was too weak to drive herself. At Urgent Care, they did a chest scan, sent her immediately to get a Covid-19 test and straight to the hospital where she died about 10 days later. Her daughter and son who live close by and were usually over there every other day or so were tested, but both were negative.

2 - Hospitalized for 3+ months. Age 28 and 35. The 28 year old is a nurse, and the 35 year old is a dentist who has serious lung damage.

3 - Former coworkers who while not hospitalized, missed about a month of work.

1 - Mechanic for the company where I used to work. Like the others, he missed about a month.

1 - Grandson's step grandmother. She's entering her 4th week at home with it, but getting better. Her problems were vomiting, diarrhea, fever and joints aching so bad she could barely move. Thankfully, she never had any breathing problems. In the last week, she's been able to keep her food down.

2 - Step mamaw's husband and his sister tested positive, but remain asymptomatic. 

7 hours ago, crazyFB said:

Started today. New face in Bluefield. I think we will have football in WV.  A lot of people are not falling for the HOAX

Did you miss the post directly above yours giving you personal examples of how this virus has affected people in this area or are you deliberately ignoring it?

On 7/20/2020 at 10:05 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

None.  I know plans are in place, but I doubt football takes place in either state this fall.  On the flip side, how many parents would rather wait this out and have their kids play in the spring for safety issues?  More scouts would see them in the spring, theoretically.  There are 2 sides to this coin.  I don't think we see fall sports in either state, but I could be wrong and WV may go for the gusto and try to play come hail or high water.  Setting themselves up for a rough time of it, if you ask me.  If just one kid tests positive on a team, practices and games for that team will be shut down for a period of time.  How can you justify getting kids back on that field playing after, say a 2 or 3 week layoff due to the virus, without conditioning and risking injury and further infections.  Slippery slope, if you ask me.  I liked what WV has planned at first, but the more I think about it, it's a disaster waiting to happen.  I'm surprised people haven't come out against their plan already.  I know, kids are at lower risk, etc...  None of that matters if it's "your" kid.  I see both sides of the debate, but I don't think football happens this fall in WV.

Wait, the expression is 'hail or high water'? Damn, I've been saying it wrong the entire time. WTF. I always thought 'come Hell or high water', it sounds the same but I always thought it was Hell, not hail lol

10 hours ago, crazyFB said:

Started today. New face in Bluefield. I think we will have football in WV.  A lot of people are not falling for the HOAX

Dude above you literally just told us of real world examples of people they knew — including three who are now dead. And you have the gall to come in here and tell them it’s a hoax? Get over yourself. 

10 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Yep, I've known 12 people so far who have tested positive.

3 - Dead, including my neighbor. The ages were 53, 61 and 74. My neighbor was 74, but aside from normal older folks stuff, was otherwise healthy. Her daughter said she went from fine one evening, to coughing and had a slight fever the next, to calling her at work the next morning to see if she could leave work and take her to Urgent Care because she was too weak to drive herself. At Urgent Care, they did a chest scan, sent her immediately to get a Covid-19 test and straight to the hospital where she died about 10 days later. Her daughter and son who live close by and were usually over there every other day or so were tested, but both were negative.

2 - Hospitalized for 3+ months. Age 28 and 35. The 28 year old is a nurse, and the 35 year old is a dentist who has serious lung damage.

3 - Former coworkers who while not hospitalized, missed about a month of work.

1 - Mechanic for the company where I used to work. Like the others, he missed about a month.

1 - Grandson's step grandmother. She's entering her 4th week at home with it, but getting better. Her problems were vomiting, diarrhea, fever and joints aching so bad she could barely move. Thankfully, she never had any breathing problems. In the last week, she's been able to keep her food down.

2 - Step mamaw's husband and his sister tested positive, but remain asymptomatic. 

Thank you for sharing that. People around here just don’t seem to believe it’s real because they may not have seen it yet. 

A 28 year old hospitalized for 3 months is scary for a 30yo like myself who is severely overweight. It’s cases like that why I take extreme precaution, and why I get pissed off when people pass me in the isle of Kroger without masks when I have to go get diapers for the 7mo. 

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Thank you for sharing that. People around here just don’t seem to believe it’s real because they may not have seen it yet. 

A 28 year old hospitalized for 3 months is scary for a 30yo like myself who is severely overweight. It’s cases like that why I take extreme precaution, and why I get pissed off when people pass me in the isle of Kroger without masks when I have to go get diapers for the 7mo. 

Anyone who believes this is a hoax should be declared clinically insane.

12 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Wait, the expression is 'hail or high water'? Damn, I've been saying it wrong the entire time. WTF. I always thought 'come Hell or high water', it sounds the same but I always thought it was Hell, not hail lol

When I say it. I mean "Hell" if thats any consolation.  Maybe Im wrong.

I have known most of the people in Scott County who have tested positive.  Both people who passed away unfortunately (same family).  Currently I have close friends with, including one who basically all of you know whether you know me or not, as he officiates.  Thankfully he has been basically asymptomatic.  Prayers for his wife especially would be appreciated as she has been hit the hardest among the family.

Amazing how 99.9999% of people have yet to meet/know anyone who has contracted this virus, let alone anyone who has died from it... and yet we're supposed to believe that a couple of random dudes just happen to each know nearly a dozen people who have contracted it?? 

Sort of like how so many actors/actresses, media personalities and sports figures all managed to catch this virus within a two week window together back in mid-late March.. 

13 minutes ago, crazyFB said:

It is a HOAX.  But some will fall for anything. Im glad Jim Jones is not around. A lot of people on here sure would drink the kool aid

Get over yourself, Rick.