VA kids transfer to WV for fall football?

footballfanatic

On 7/21/2020 at 11:20 PM, BigWinners said:

Did you miss the post directly above yours giving you personal examples of how this virus has affected people in this area or are you deliberately ignoring it?

Don't try to bargain with ignorance.  It'll only drive you to it's level then beat you with experience.

On 7/22/2020 at 1:56 AM, Ryan4VT said:

Thank you for sharing that. People around here just don’t seem to believe it’s real because they may not have seen it yet. 

A 28 year old hospitalized for 3 months is scary for a 30yo like myself who is severely overweight. It’s cases like that why I take extreme precaution, and why I get pissed off when people pass me in the isle of Kroger without masks when I have to go get diapers for the 7mo. 

The 28 year old is my sister in-law's neighbor. As far as I know, she's still not back to work.  My  58 year old SIL has MS, and that really shook her up. If my SIL got it, that would probably be the end of her. The death that shook me the most was our neighbor. The day before we came back to Kingsport for a few weeks, we saw Toby walking her dog and spoke to her, telling her we were going out of town for a month. She was fine. A few days after we were back, my wife noticed we hadn't seen her out any, but had seen her daughter walking the dog. We asked the guy next to us if Toby was sick or something, and he said she died. She went from fine to coughing with a fever to dead in a span of less than 2 weeks. Her daughter said they were going to put her condo up for sale, but she's staying there for now until Toby's dog adjusts. She said she tried taking him home with her, but he just cries and howls at her place. 

On 7/21/2020 at 1:01 AM, Ryan4VT said:

Cannot emphasize this statement enough. Whatever you feel -- when you kid gets it -- your whole world tilts off axis. Believe me. 

my kids test positive for antibodies. didn't have 1 symptom

On 7/21/2020 at 3:49 PM, crazyFB said:

Started today. New face in Bluefield. I think we will have football in WV.  A lot of people are not falling for the HOAX

Lots of people dying from this hoax i guess WW2 was also a hoax.  Amazes me people have turned this into a political thing.  LISTEN to the doctors.

15 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Lots of people dying from this hoax i guess WW2 was also a hoax.  Amazes me people have turned this into a political thing.  LISTEN to the doctors.

Yep. This shouldn’t be a political issue. Sadly, our “leaders” on both sides have made it one. And the wedge drives even deeper to the point where public safety be damned. 

Well now they are calling it political because someone disagrees with them. Im just waiting on the racist shoe to drop next. This a hoax no matter how much name calling and uninformed you are.

6 hours ago, crazyFB said:

Well now they are calling it political because someone disagrees with them. Im just waiting on the racist shoe to drop next. This a hoax no matter how much name calling and uninformed you are.

It’s definitely not a hoax. 

It was turned into a political issue. From both sides. 

The people who shame others for not wearing masks are making it political.

Northam made it political with his hypocrisy at Virginia Beach. 

People calling it a hoax created by Democrats are making it political. 

We have failed in our response to the virus because Democrats and Republicans are both playing politics. 

7 hours ago, crazyFB said:

if it's not politics why are you calling it a hoax.  Do u not believe all the hospitals begging people to wear masks because the ICU beds are filling up in some cities.  Not really sure why were arguing with you anyways because I'm pretty sure your just bored and trying to pick a fight so I'll let you respond next and I'll give you the win 🏆.

Actually I have 2 cousins that are RN’s and COVID patients are 11% of beds in ICU in hospitals they work. Most ICU’s are planned for a certain percentages. Now if you listen to Fauci u ought to look at his picture sitting between two fans at a baseball game with his mask off among other pictures. Now to football I actually got a call from a parent wanting to play at bluefield of riverview than come back and play in the spring in Virginia. I actually think a waiver should be allowed if they want to transfer between semesters to come back to Virginia.

On 7/20/2020 at 10:05 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

None.  I know plans are in place, but I doubt football takes place in either state this fall.  On the flip side, how many parents would rather wait this out and have their kids play in the spring for safety issues?  More scouts would see them in the spring, theoretically.  There are 2 sides to this coin.  I don't think we see fall sports in either state, but I could be wrong and WV may go for the gusto and try to play come hail or high water.  Setting themselves up for a rough time of it, if you ask me.  If just one kid tests positive on a team, practices and games for that team will be shut down for a period of time.  How can you justify getting kids back on that field playing after, say a 2 or 3 week layoff due to the virus, without conditioning and risking injury and further infections.  Slippery slope, if you ask me.  I liked what WV has planned at first, but the more I think about it, it's a disaster waiting to happen.  I'm surprised people haven't come out against their plan already.  I know, kids are at lower risk, etc...  None of that matters if it's "your" kid.  I see both sides of the debate, but I don't think football happens this fall in WV.

Explain to me how it is good for a senior that needs a last season to be recruited? Playing in the spring doesn’t help that kid at all. Scholarships and money are usually done for colleges by March. A sophomore or junior has an advantage. 

10 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Explain to me how it is good for a senior that needs a last season to be recruited? Playing in the spring doesn’t help that kid at all. Scholarships and money are usually done for colleges by March. A sophomore or junior has an advantage. 

Wasn't really thinking about seniors when I posted that.  IF a college season is played, there is no doubt that college scouts will be more available in the spring. That's all I'm saying.  If it's a senior who already has an offer, why play at all if the season in VA gets cancelled?  Why risk injury (or sickness) if you are already on the radar.   If you are a senior in Virginia that's not on the radar, you still have the spring season to play (hopefully), VHSL makes an announcement tomorrow.   I doubt either state plays this fall. Last I checked, Bluefield only had 6 games on their schedule this fall, they lost 4 Virginia opponents.  I'm wondering if anybody has any info on that.  Did they pick any teams up to replace those VA schools?  Would love to see both states play in the spring.  It would be a tough call as a parent as well, I would imagine.