VA kids transfer to WV for fall football?

footballfanatic

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I just can't wait till tomorrow when the vhsl decides what they are gonna do with sports...so I can see 80% of the people complain about their decision..and tell what they should do etc......tomorrow will be gold

I don't imagine too many people will be happy, regardless of the decision they make.

This article just dropped about 10 or 15 minutes ago. Looking like Athletes may look else where for better playing opportunities this football season.  You have to do what's best for yourself  it's a Business Decision especially when Scholarships are on the line. 

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/ridgeviews-adkins-considering-transferring-to-dobyns-bennett-or-pikeville-ky/article_9f7c6e52-d1d3-11ea-84d3-e3e99c68402c.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

2 hours ago, Grapeape said:

Will kids be able to play both seasons or will transferring to WV forfeit spring eligibility in VA? 

Will kids transferring to WV for football be eligible for other sports (Track, wresting, basketball, etc.) if they return to VA in the spring? 

No, the VHSL’s going to prohibit border jumping.  You play in WV, you lose VA eligibility.

On 7/29/2020 at 6:30 PM, CoachT423 said:

This article just dropped about 10 or 15 minutes ago. Looking like Athletes may look else where for better playing opportunities this football season.  You have to do what's best for yourself  it's a Business Decision especially when Scholarships are on the line. 

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/ridgeviews-adkins-considering-transferring-to-dobyns-bennett-or-pikeville-ky/article_9f7c6e52-d1d3-11ea-84d3-e3e99c68402c.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

If Adkins wants to transfer, why not go all out and spend a semester at IMG? That's a giant step up in competition, facilities and coaching. Could be huge for his development. 

2 hours ago, crazyFB said:

Bluefield only has one va transfer so far. Bluefield is up to 8 games now. but that could be all. 

They were trying to get TN High on their schedule, but that fell through.  Who did they pick up on their schedule?

On 7/26/2020 at 6:19 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Wasn't really thinking about seniors when I posted that.  IF a college season is played, there is no doubt that college scouts will be more available in the spring. That's all I'm saying.  If it's a senior who already has an offer, why play at all if the season in VA gets cancelled?  Why risk injury (or sickness) if you are already on the radar.   If you are a senior in Virginia that's not on the radar, you still have the spring season to play (hopefully), VHSL makes an announcement tomorrow.   I doubt either state plays this fall. Last I checked, Bluefield only had 6 games on their schedule this fall, they lost 4 Virginia opponents.  I'm wondering if anybody has any info on that.  Did they pick any teams up to replace those VA schools?  Would love to see both states play in the spring.  It would be a tough call as a parent as well, I would imagine.

NCAA DI football has a dead period during February, then a quiet period through mid-April, all of which means they can't attend games or practices to evaluate kids.  They would have to do it by film only, or already have an idea of what type of player they are recruiting.  But yes, this is after both the regular and early signing period, so most will have already signed by spring and the money will already be committed.  So for recruiting purposes, spring football is a bust.