VA kids transfer to WV for fall football?

footballfanatic

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

This. If you make the decision to cross the line, then that’s the decision. No coming back and playing in VA. 

There is a certain QB that played at Tazewell one season. Transferred to Bluefield and played two games the next season. Mid Season transferred to Graham and played in there remaining games. How is this different?

5 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

There is a certain QB that played at Tazewell one season. Transferred to Bluefield and played two games the next season. Mid Season transferred to Graham and played in there remaining games. How is this different?

Out of state transfers to Virginia are immediately eligible to play.  Playing a sport in the fall and then transferring and playing the same sport in the spring would use up 2 of the max 4 years of eligibility.  I guess it would be ok for an underclassmen who didn't want to play as a senior. 

4 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Given what I do, I’m not gonna comment directly on it.  That being said, there have always been exceptions for familial moves, foster care, etc.  Plus, in such a scenario, an athlete couldn’t have the opportunity to play in greater than 15 games as would be the case under this scenario.

8 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

This game is still being negotiated. It is not a done deal.

Bluefield has only three home games so far and Parkersburg has four home and five road games.  I believe I see what the problem is.

13 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Who is Trenton Atkins?

Never heard of him... I have heard of a Trenton Adkins though.  😄

I actually spelled it "Adkins" at first, because we had a running back when I went to school named Adkins.  Then I thought that wasn't right and changed it to Atkins (Guess I was thinking of the place in Smyth County).

14 hours ago, bhs7695 said:

Bluefield has only three home games so far and Parkersburg has four home and five road games.  I believe I see what the problem is.

I would rather play road games this year. Think of all the hassle of hosting a home game. You aren't going to make any money. Better to go on the road and host next year. Also there is still a risk in losing the games this season and losing the home games all together.  Bluefield is now scheduled to play Princeton twice. The last year Bluefield and Graham did not play was 1937. They didn't play because Bluefield and Princeton played twice.

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I would rather play road games this year. Think of all the hassle of hosting a home game. You aren't going to make any money. Better to go on the road and host next year. Also there is still a risk in losing the games this season and losing the home games all together.  Bluefield is now scheduled to play Princeton twice. The last year Bluefield and Graham did not play was 1937. They didn't play because Bluefield and Princeton played twice.

I look for most districts to propose splitting gates at games this year.

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, come get sum said:

beaver has a kid from Richlands today for 1st practice.....interesting

Hope they actually get to play a few games.  I will try to watch the Beavers since the Bulldogs and G -men aren't playing til spring.  Bulldogs will be tough this year if they get to play.

1 hour ago, come get sum said:

by the name webb

This has been speculated for a while.  Allen Gregory from the Bristol Herald Courier tweeted this out about 3 weeks ago.  Not sure why a newspaper wants to tweet out what high school players are thinking about doing, but he did.  I wish the best for him.  Big loss for Richlands, if true.  Big gain for Bluefield.  I still think Bluefield will be down quite a bit after losing 5 D-1 recruits from last year's team, that will be very difficult to replace.  Don't get me wrong, they will have a good team as Bluefield always seems to have, just not the caliber we have seen the last 3 seasons or so.  Losing 4 strong opponents in  Graham, Botetourt, Tazewell and Richlands this season can't help them get any better, but picking up Parkersburg is a good thing.  Playing Princeton twice??  Well, the 2nd string and  J.V. will at least get plenty of playing time.  Really all I have to say about that.  I just hope that the discipline on that Princeton team is improved.  If not, it may be time for them to look in a new direction. If the late hits and unsportsmanlike behavior continue and I didn't have to schedule them, I certainly wouldn't.  Not sure why Pikeview doesn't play Bluefield.  Does Princeton play Pikeview?  That would probably be a good matchup, I don't keep up with the Tigers much, but I don't recall them playing PIkeview recently, correct me if I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

This has been speculated for a while.  Allen Gregory from the Bristol Herald Courier tweeted this out about 3 weeks ago.  Not sure why a newspaper wants to tweet out what high school players are thinking about doing, but he did.  I wish the best for him.  Big loss for Richlands, if true.  Big gain for Bluefield.  I still think Bluefield will be down quite a bit after losing 5 D-1 recruits from last year's team, that will be very difficult to replace.  Don't get me wrong, they will have a good team as Bluefield always seems to have, just not the caliber we have seen the last 3 seasons or so.  Losing 4 strong opponents in  Graham, Botetourt, Tazewell and Richlands this season can't help them get any better, but picking up Parkersburg is a good thing.  Playing Princeton twice??  Well, the 2nd string and  J.V. will at least get plenty of playing time.  Really all I have to say about that.  I just hope that the discipline on that Princeton team is improved.  If not, it may be time for them to look in a new direction. If the late hits and unsportsmanlike behavior continue and I didn't have to schedule them, I certainly wouldn't.  Not sure why Pikeview doesn't play Bluefield.  Does Princeton play Pikeview?  That would probably be a good matchup, I don't keep up with the Tigers much, but I don't recall them playing PIkeview recently, correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe said player’s dad wanted that information out there. I was more amazed the head coach wanted to bicker with him rather than letting it go. Good luck to the young man! He’s definitely talented.

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I believe said player’s dad wanted that information out there. I was more amazed the head coach wanted to bicker with him rather than letting it go. Good luck to the young man! He’s definitely talented.

Who bickered with who?

12 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Why do you give a shit? All we are in this town is a bunch of cheating hicks, right? 

Thought you blocked me hmmmm

I never said y'all were Hicks now did I Ryan?

And I asked the other guy the question but thanks for the message

Sorry the truth upset you...I apologize for upsetting you and saying something bad about the gold standard of swva football