Recruiting & D1 Talent in SWVA

CoachT423

What do you all think about all the D1 TALENT in the SWVA area right now? I'm not from here but I feel like this is best collective group of athletes the area has produced in a long time.

You Got Martin Lucas committed to ASU Trenton Adkins will be playing P5 ball as well. Josh Herndon holds 1 or 2 D1 offers I can see him playing at the FCS FBS level easily. Then you have 2022 guys. Brody Meadows is a Top 100 Recruit in the Nation along with Zay Bradshaw who picking up P5 Offers as well. Sage Webb picked up his 1st offer from Morgan St I think this week or last. He got invited to the ESPN 300 ELITE Underclassmen Combine hes gonna really make a name out there. 6 guys from the area should be playing on TV on Saturdays so far and there could be a few more. That's not including all the talent Bluefield put out last year.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:52 PM, Tigers_07 said:

don't know if it's true or not, but been hearing Trenton Adkins is leaning towards committing to West Virginia. anyone from the Dickenson Co. area have any insight to this

I just messaged his mom on Facebook... I'll see what she says.

@swva_havok_fan cool deal. but i like i said in my comment, i don't know if it's true or not, just been hearing how West Virginia has been recruiting Trenton Adkins very heavily and that he's leaning towards WVU. then again he may go somewhere's else. won't know until he decides which college he wants to go play at 

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, cityofRaven said:

The emergence of Arizona State's new found recruiting in the Central Appalachian region is intriguing. 

I am just wondering if it is the fact that Tech is in a down cycle in recruiting. Wonder if there is someone on that staff has ties to the area?

19 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

I never got the impression the Hokies were recruiting him that hard. 

As bad as Tech is recruiting right now they should be in every living room in Southwest Virginia begging kids to come. They need bodies and I would rather those bodies be Southwest Virginia kids....but ASU has a beautiful campus in so many different ways! 

3 hours ago, SXSW said:

As bad as Tech is recruiting right now they should be in every living room in Southwest Virginia begging kids to come. They need bodies and I would rather those bodies be Southwest Virginia kids....but ASU has a beautiful campus in so many different ways! 

I agree. VT's AD mentioned that they will be putting more of an investment in recruiting by increasing their staff so that should help. Tech makes a living off of player development. While it would be nice to get more four and five star recruits the Hokies have been successful at getting the hungry 3 stars who have a chip on their shoulder and turning them into good players. 

Prince is a VERY SPECIAL talent!!!! Beem coaching him since he 1st got to the US when he was 6 family came over from Liberia. If you get the chance drive down to Jonesborough if they have a season it's well worth it. This is the most TALENT  the Tri Cities and SWVA have put out in a LONG While. Tri Cities  has about 3 or 4 guys who will sign D1

Ee2n0PtXoAYQ-9T.jpeg

4 hours ago, CoachT423 said:

Prince is a VERY SPECIAL talent!!!! Beem coaching him since he 1st got to the US when he was 6 family came over from Liberia. If you get the chance drive down to Jonesborough if they have a season it's well worth it. This is the most TALENT  the Tri Cities and SWVA have put out in a LONG While. Tri Cities  has about 3 or 4 guys who will sign D1

Ee2n0PtXoAYQ-9T.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

• 6 months later...
On 9/1/2020 at 9:41 PM, Graham-VT Fan said:

Graham's Xayvion Bradshaw just got an offer from UVA. Now has offers from UVA, Arizona State (ASU again in SWVA), Kansas, Marshall, Toledo, and Purdue per 247 Sports.

Graham 2022 DB/WR Xayvion Bradshaw picks up an offer from Notre Dame. One of the most talented multi-sport athletes in all of Virginia.

Xayvion Bradshaw 
@zaygoinham

After a great phone call with Wide Receiver Coach @dalex3333 , I am extremely blessed and very honored to receive my 9th offer from Notre Dame University

#GoFightingIrish

Shamrock

great state

• 2 weeks later...