Recruiting & D1 Talent in SWVA

CoachT423

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

20 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Is he good enough to play at Notre Dame? Honest question

4 star recruit.  I think he could play as slot receiver or kick returner - yes.  The guy who made this video sure thinks so.  He probably knows a lot more than me.  

12 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

4 star recruit.  I think he could play as slot receiver or kick returner - yes.  The guy who made this video sure thinks so.  He probably knows a lot more than me.  

Never saw him play is why I asked...I don't get into highlight videos cause of course they only show great plays...how fast is he

46 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Never saw him play is why I asked...I don't get into highlight videos cause of course they only show great plays...how fast is he

I think around 4.55 speed (not super fast) but what makes him special is his great hands and ability to make people miss and get yards after the catch.  Very good route runner as pointed out in the video. High football IQ for his age is another positive pointed out.  He will play D1 somewhere.  Notre Dame?  Jury is still out, but they are recruiting him aggressively.

Bryan Driskell, the guy breaking down Bradshaw's film, is kind of like the Will Stewart of Notre Dame except Driskell is even bigger.  He's a football analyst, author, and publisher for Sports Illustrated and Notre Dame's Sports Illustrated Page which is Irish Maven.  He played college football as a QB.  So, what I'm getting at is, the guy who is breaking down Bradshaw's film is not a fly by night typical fan.  He's up on the list of football analytical prowess.  Watching the media clip, Driskell points out that Bradshaw is the must "get" of the entire class and pretty much is saying Bradshaw is the best recruit (his opinion).  So, he's going far beyond of addressing the question of whether Bradshaw can play at Notre Dame.  He's pretty much stating Bradshaw can play at ND before all the other guys recruited in the same class can play at Notre Dame.  The media clip is pretty good in that Driskell breaks down Bradshaw's technique including the positives and some negatives.

My take on Bradshaw and the thing that stands out to me is "pad" speed.  There are guys we know that have great track speeds and on the field, in the game, in pads, they just don't appear like speed burners.  There are guys we know who are fast, but not world class fast in track, yet on the field, in pads, in the game, they seem to play at alarming speed levels and never seem to get caught, yet they seem to easily catch up when in pursuit of others.   This is Bradshaw to me.  Another guy like that we had here at Radford was Dana Palmer in the 80's.  Fast in the 40 and 100, but not blazing, but on the field, he just always seemed the fastest.   Cary Perkins from Grundy High is another one I watched many years ago in High School and some in college at Emory and Henry who just seemed to play "fast" even though his track scores weren't alarmingly fast, when in pads and on the field, he just ran by other people.  Sean Eaves of Giles and Jerome Trussell of Blacksburg also come to mind.