VHSL adopts model 3

Keepitreal

22 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I understand but I hate Saturday high school football...except semis and state championship which you know before the season it will be on Saturday

Oh I agree. Im a hardcore "Saturdays are for the playoffs" guy but those first few games may be an exception lol

What about JV teams? gonna have to play some night games, albeit not at 7:30

9 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I would be floored if the games weren’t in the daytime on Saturdays.  If y’all want to freeze your manhood off in the 0 degree weather that comes with a February evening, knock yourselves out!

We already know some are playing the 22nd. So there will be at least one Monday night game. I’d say after that it moves to Saturday day games. Which I hate. 

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

We already know some are playing the 22nd. So there will be at least one Monday night game. I’d say after that it moves to Saturday day games. Which I hate. 

Hurley will be leaving early to get to the Cove on the 22nd it sounds like.  I wonder if it may even be an early evening game. 

2 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Hurley will be leaving early to get to the Cove on the 22nd it sounds like.  I wonder if it may even be an early evening game. 

Could be. Start at 5 and it won't be too bad. Maybe.  It could also be 12 degrees at 5pm lol

1 minute ago, footballfanatic said:

6% have died only of covid and 94% had 2.6 commodities. so roughly only 9000 have died of true covid 

Not really. A comorbidity is for example diabetes. If you don't have Covid, you're not likely to die of diabetes suddenly in your 50s or 60s. Covid is exacerbating the problem and causing things we would normally get through easily, such as pneumonia, and making them fatal. 184,697 Americans are dead because Covid made their health issues worse. 

Even with a contributing factor, the % of people who have died from Covid +1 is relatively low, Covid +2 (Diabetes, over 65, pneumonia, former cancer patient, etc) is very high.

Having had Covid, its real and it sucks, My health is relatively good so I handled it well, but if youre someone who has 2 of those contributing factors its deadly. Im young and like I said in relatively good health and it made me very weak, if youre already weak its game over.

Sadly, the original story on Covid from the media was basically "if you catch this you will die, look at Italy" and that has skewed everyone's perception. We now know contributing factors play a larger role in the death rate than Covid itself, generally speaking. 

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

Even with a contributing factor, the % of people who have died from Covid +1 is relatively low, Covid +2 (Diabetes, over 65, pneumonia, former cancer patient, etc) is very high.

Having had Covid, its real and it sucks, My health is relatively good so I handled it well, but if youre someone who has 2 of those contributing factors its deadly. Im young and like I said in relatively good health and it made me very week, if youre already weak its game over.

Sadly, the original story on Covid from the media was basically "if you catch this you will die, look at Italy" and that has skewed everyone's perception. We now know contributing factors play a larger role in the death rate than Covid itself, generally speaking. 

In a country where obesity is a comorbidity for this disease and over half of the US is obese. That’s what worries me. I don’t think our country is equipped to handle it as well as some others have. Being obese, I make sure I take care of myself and family and do my part to stay inside 90% of the time n

The fear would be you catch Covid, and you're obese so right there you're +1 and develop pneumonia, then suddenly you're +2 and in trouble. Very reasonable situation and you're taking the proper and necessary precautions and that's all any of us can do.

On a side note, a friend of mines husband caught it, both of them and their teenage daughter were of course quarantined and luckily they hadn't had a lot of contact with people outside their immediate family(each other and a few others) because they were taking it serious and social distancing. The response from the daughters boyfriends family was pretty disgusting. Treating her like a leper even after her quarantine period was over, even though she was negative and developed no symptoms whatsoever. Blaming her for putting them and their parents in danger, and these are people who dont wear masks or social distance and fall into the "Covid isnt real" group but when it hit close to home they were hyper defensive toward it and her. The level of pure ignorance out there is astonishing and im honestly surprised, shouldn't be but I am.  

3 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

6% have died only of covid and 94% had 2.6 commodities. so roughly only 9000 have died of true covid 

If I have high blood pressure, and I get shot by a gun, and I go into cardiac arrest and die from blood loss after my circulatory system failed me, what killed me?

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

In a country where obesity is a comorbidity for this disease and over half of the US is obese. That’s what worries me. I don’t think our country is equipped to handle it as well as some others have. Being obese, I make sure I take care of myself and family and do my part to stay inside 90% of the time n

To be fair, 95% of the NFL is obese by our way of measuring it in the US.  The likelihood of one of them passing from Covid is probably much smaller than the actual percentage right now.   It is an issue I dont disagree but coupling it with others is where you are going to hurt your prognosis.

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

The BMI is antiquated, my own doctor’s opinion.  It’s about overall health and well-being. I’m not saying obese is good by any standard but there are people at normal weights who are far unhealthier than others who may be overweight or obese. I’m definitely not staying inside 90% of the time. Humans need fresh air & sunshine. Vitamin D is key to fighting off illness. I read a lot of Covid deaths , had vitamin D deficiency:   I don’t condemn or judge you though for doing what you think is right for your family though. I hope y’all stay well! 

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I read a lot of Covid deaths , had vitamin D deficiency

Nursing home residents: advanced age, already weak, multiple other issues, vitamin D deficient. Its a recipe for disaster 

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

The BMI is antiquated, my own doctor’s opinion.  It’s about overall health and well-being. I’m not saying obese is good by any standard but there are people at normal weights who are far unhealthier than others who may be overweight or obese. I’m definitely not staying inside 90% of the time. Humans need fresh air & sunshine. Vitamin D is key to fighting off illness. I read a lot of Covid deaths , had vitamin D deficiency:   I don’t condemn or judge you though for doing what you think is right for your family though. I hope y’all stay well! 

BK Addington from GC is a great example of that.  Back in the 90s BK played a lot of softball and mens basketball for Hutchins Bros. (this was a story I was told but wouldnt surprise me at all) BK is not a small man. BK had went to the doctor and the doctor told him he needed to watch what he eats and lose some weight.  A couple of weeks later that same doctor was playing in a mens league game against Hutchins Bros.  He got matchup with BK and BK ran him off the floor.  Afterwards the doc said not to be as worried about it as he had alluded to at the check up.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:01 AM, Ryan4VT said:

Not really. A comorbidity is for example diabetes. If you don't have Covid, you're not likely to die of diabetes suddenly in your 50s or 60s. Covid is exacerbating the problem and causing things we would normally get through easily, such as pneumonia, and making them fatal. 184,697 Americans are dead because Covid made their health issues worse. 

oh you can die from that in 50-60' i have alot of patients who do. covid is here forever just like cancer, flu, hiv, TB and others. either learn to live with it and understand people will die yearly or we hide and stay home till you die. me if forced to stay home all the time you all already dead. Im here for a good time not a long time. but thats just me.

1 hour ago, footballfanatic said:

oh you can die from that in 50-60' i have alot of patients who do. covid is here forever just like cancer, flu, hiv, TB and others. either learn to live with it and understand people will die yearly or we hide and stay home till you die. me if forced to stay home all the time you all already dead. Im here for a good time not a long time. but thats just me.

I’d prefer to stay alive to watch my infant son grow up and be here for him. So I’ll keep sticking at home for 90% of the time and only going into public for necessities. It’s worked so far. 

10 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

We ultimately adjusted to the “Spanish” flu, but it killed millions in its first cycle.  

On 9/2/2020 at 10:54 AM, UVAObserver said:

If I have high blood pressure, and I get shot by a gun, and I go into cardiac arrest and die from blood loss after my circulatory system failed me, what killed me?

Whichever one garners the largest insurance reimbursement for the hospital?

On 9/2/2020 at 4:58 PM, swva_havok_fan said:

Back to football, Honaker, Castlewood and Chilhowie have released their schedules.

Looks like in all cases, their first game is Monday, February 22, and the remainder of the games are being played on Saturdays.  In Honaker's case at 1 pm.  In Castlewood's case 7 pm.

Can you send me a pm on honaker's new schedule