Ronnie Davis

AHScoach

I found this article very interesting. I hate it for him, he seems like a very good man from the article. I’m interested to hear Richlands thoughts?

https://heraldcourier.com/sports/vhsl-ronnie-davis-resigns-as-head-softball-coach-at-richlands-will-serve-as-assistant-football/article_5e7bd57c-d855-11ea-ae52-77574a0bd419.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

8 minutes ago, AHScoach said:

I found this article very interesting. I hate it for him, he seems like a very good man from the article. I’m interested to hear Richlands thoughts?

https://heraldcourier.com/sports/vhsl-ronnie-davis-resigns-as-head-softball-coach-at-richlands-will-serve-as-assistant-football/article_5e7bd57c-d855-11ea-ae52-77574a0bd419.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Huge gain for Graham, huge loss for Richlands.  

43 minutes ago, mv91 said:

The following quote surprised me:

“I am not coaching football at Richlands simply because I do not agree with [Wells’] philosophy as a football coach,” Davis said. 

I agree. Would love to know what his full thoughts are there.

4 hours ago, mv91 said:

The following quote surprised me:

“I am not coaching football at Richlands simply because I do not agree with [Wells’] philosophy as a football coach,” Davis said. 

Wells is changing the program down to the basics. What they are about to do is pretty far away from the Mance era. I hate we lost Ronnie. He’s a good dude and a good coach. But I’m so excited for Wells to implement what he’s about to do. 

On 8/6/2020 at 11:44 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Huge gain for Graham, huge loss for Richlands.  

Very true! I’m sure the brothers are happy to be together. Ringstaff isn’t much for making him choose between football at Graham & softball at Richlands but then again, she doesn’t have a very impressive track record. 

School politics, retaliation, & I’ll show you who’s boss mentality regardless of the what’s in the best interest of the kids does not make for a good administrator in my opinion. 

On 8/6/2020 at 11:34 PM, AHScoach said:

Not a Richlands’ thought but I think Davis will be a good fit at Graham and seems to be very level headed and humble. Tony. Palmer seems to have a knack for snatching up Richlands’ coaching talent, first Snake & now Davis. 

12 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I heard there's are books to read & tests to take 😂😂😂😂

Like a motivation or timeshare convention? 😋

I might be reading too much into his quote, but I thought the wording was the interesting part.

He didn't say "Wells' football philosophy." He said "philosophy as a ... coach."

To me, and like I said might be reading too much, it would indicate his problem is with HOW he coaches not WHAT he coaches.

4 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Like a motivation or timeshare convention? 😋

I might be reading too much into his quote, but I thought the wording was the interesting part.

He didn't say "Wells' football philosophy." He said "philosophy as a ... coach."

To me, and like I said might be reading too much, it would indicate his problem is with HOW he coaches not WHAT he coaches.

It’s no secret Thad has a wildly different approach to coaching. There will be several Richlands fans who won’t like it either. But those on the staff love it. The players love it. And it’s worked in the past. I’m certainly excited for whenever we get to play lol. 

On 8/8/2020 at 12:10 AM, Gridiron60 said:

Not a Richlands’ thought but I think Davis will be a good fit at Graham and seems to be very level headed and humble. Tony. Palmer seems to have a knack for snatching up Richlands’ coaching talent, first Snake & now Davis. 

# 1 high school team in NC, Mallard Creek, had a difficult time defensive Coach Wells' offense. Snake and Davis will not know what to draw up.

7 minutes ago, Irishman said:

# 1 high school team in NC, Mallard Creek, had a difficult time defensive Coach Wells' offense. Snake and Davis will not know what to draw up.

A scheme is only as successful as the personnel available to execute it.  Mooresville has a tiny bit more to draw from than Richlands...

9 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Mallard Creek had much better defensive players, then Graham .

Understood, but I researched Mallard Creek’s schedule a little, and here are the Mooresville v. Mallard Creek football results for the last few years:

2019: Mallard Creek 24, Mooresville 7

2018: Mallard Creek 50, Mooresville 7

2017: Mallard Creek 27, Mooresville 0

2016: Did not play.

2015: Did not play.

So Mallard Creek had such a “difficult time” that they held Mooresville to 14 points across 3 seasons.  A whopping 4.7 points per game.  Methinks you don’t know what you’re talking about.  Less Kool-Aid, si vous plait.

From what I have been seeing, Richlands players and staff are loving the new program. Tests on the playbook, and schemes. If they play you're gonna see a lot of tired defenses. Mance implemented some hurry up offense, but nothing like this.

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

He planning to do that idiotic onside kick Everytime they score? He ditched that ignorant idea once he ran into Salem

The arithmetic is sound regarding more liberal use of onside kicks.  That being said, teams can adapt to it coming every single time, and that’s where the arithmetic breaks down.  

Wells is a good football coach, without question.  But Jesus Christ he is not, and if Richlands is expecting 15-0 seasons in the near future, they’re sorely mistaken.

18 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The arithmetic is sound regarding more liberal use of onside kicks.  That being said, teams can adapt to it coming every single time, and that’s where the arithmetic breaks down.  

Wells is a good football coach, without question.  But Jesus Christ he is not, and if Richlands is expecting 15-0 seasons in the near future, they’re sorely mistaken.

I doubt many of them are expecting 15-0 season anytime soon...just as most HS fans with half a brain don't expect their team to go 15-0...there are a few exceptions in the state where some years they have a good chance to run the table...but they are in the 757 and NOVA....and maybe Salem once in a while

5 hours ago, Irishman said:

I’m pretty certain, Snake & Coach Davis will be just fine. Let’s just hope we have some football to watch come 2021!