Ronnie Davis

AHScoach

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

He planning to do that idiotic onside kick Everytime they score? He ditched that ignorant idea once he ran into Salem

If my memory is correct, he made the appropriate changes on special teams and began keeping his best players on the field, which led to a state title.  I think he will do just fine here.  Changes have been needed at Richlands for a couple of years, I am glad Thad is home and hope he stays a while.  I hope he catches fire and eventually runs into Giles in the playoffs, should have a little different result than that quagmire a couple of years ago.

2 minutes ago, old_school_blue said:

If my memory is correct, he made the appropriate changes on special teams and began keeping his best players on the field, which led to a state title.  I think he will do just fine here.  Changes have been needed at Richlands for a couple of years, I am glad Thad is home and hope he stays a while.  I hope he catches fire and eventually runs into Giles in the playoffs, should have a little different result than that quagmire a couple of years ago.

Yeah since we are down I'd say the outcome would be different than a 34 point beatdown that wasn't even that close...but at the end of the day we will still have 4 titles to your 1 title plus the cleat fiasco year where you won one also.

And funny you are first I've heard saying a change was needed there...you worshiped mance until he decided to go to SC...great coach and great guy and the only reason I ever rooted for Richlands

41 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

We will see how the fans really feel about him once football actually starts.  If they struggle, the arm chair coaches will be up in arms.  Happens everywhere.

It’s hard to follow a VHSL HOFer (or what will certainly be one).  Cue the Graham fans nodding in total understanding.

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

but at the end of the day we will still have 4 titles to your 1 title plus the cleat fiasco year where you won one also.

200 Conston Ave NW, Christiansburg, VA 24073

There’s the address of the nearest Home Depot so you can go and get the necessary supplies to build your bridge to get over it. 

It was 28 years ago. Let’s move past this already. Good lord. 

Here’s the how-to if you need it. 

(1) Go to the bank.

(2) Take some money from your savings account.

(3) Go to Lowe's or Home Depot.

(4) Buy lumber.

(5) Buy nails.

(6) Buy a level.

(7) Buy a hammer.

(8) Buy brackets.

(9) Buy screws.

(10) Buy a screwdriver.

(11) Build a bridge.

(12) Get over it.

57 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

There’s the address of the nearest Home Depot so you can go and get the necessary supplies to build your bridge to get over it. 

(1) Go to the bank.

(4) Buy lumber.

(5) Buy nails.

(6) Buy a level.

(7) Buy a hammer.

(8) Buy brackets.

(9) Buy screws.

(10) Buy a screwdriver.

(11) Build a bridge.

(12) Get over it.

Facts are facts Richlands faithful...why y'all so defensive...you cheated plain and simple...so claim 1 title then

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

(1) Go to the bank.

(4) Buy lumber.

(5) Buy nails.

(6) Buy a level.

(7) Buy a hammer.

(8) Buy brackets.

(9) Buy screws.

(10) Buy a screwdriver.

(11) Build a bridge.

(12) Get over it.

And that post wasn't directed at you...sorry you took so much offense to it

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I remember when the Giles fans were Richlands fans too because their coach was a former Spartan.

That was always so weird to me.  There’s no way on earth I would cheer for Virginia Tech because Ricky Stokes was coaching them, or Tennessee because Derek Dooley was coaching them (or Gate City because Chris Akers was coaching them).  Seemed forced and contrived from Moment #1...

31 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

That was always so weird to me.  There’s no way on earth I would cheer for Virginia Tech because Ricky Stokes was coaching them, or Tennessee because Derek Dooley was coaching them (or Gate City because Chris Akers was coaching them).  Seemed forced and contrived from Moment #1...

Well first I wasn't rooting for Richlands as much as I was for mance...plus most that board here from Giles know mance personally and some of us for many years...it's different cause have you known Stokes,Dooley or Akers personally for many years?

And plus Giles and Richlands played very few times while mance was head Coach

8 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Facts are facts Richlands faithful...why y'all so defensive...you cheated plain and simple...so claim 1 title then

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about a game that was played 28 years ago where a shoe was worn that didn't change the damned outcome. Salem wasn't beating Richlands that day, regardless of the cleat. It's time to get over it and move on to something more recent than a game 28 years ago.

18 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yeah since we are down I'd say the outcome would be different than a 34 point beatdown that wasn't even that close...but at the end of the day we will still have 4 titles to your 1 title plus the cleat fiasco year where you won one also.

And funny you are first I've heard saying a change was needed there...you worshiped mance until he decided to go to SC...great coach and great guy and the only reason I ever rooted for Richlands

I would wager given the level of competition in which Giles' initial titles were won, if Richlands was then in the same classification, Giles would not have 4 titles and Richlands would have more than 2.  Seems like you may want to lay off the sauce for a while...anyone on this site that reads my posts knows very well that I have never worshiped Greg Mance.  That is laughable and shows that you have no damn idea what you are talking about.  And trust me when I tell you...no one in Richlands is sad that you are no longer a Richlands fan.  Don't go away mad...just go away.

17 minutes ago, old_school_blue said:

I would wager given the level of competition in which Giles' initial titles were won, if Richlands was then in the same classification, Giles would not have 4 titles and Richlands would have more than 2. 

Interesting topic there.

Giles titles: 1980, 1993, 2005, 2013

Richlands titles: 1992, 2006

Richlands was awful in 1980, so that's no threat.  Giles slam-danced Richlands in 2013 en route to that title, so there's another one answered.  As for the other 4 seasons, it's so difficult to determine because the ONLY common opponent between those 4 seasons was a non-descript Lebanon team in 2006, which Richlands massacred (69-6) and Giles also throttled (48-13).  Richlands was probably better in 1992, 2005, and 2006.  Giles was probably better in 1993.  You could probably flip the 2005 title if Richlands played in D2 instead of D3, but that's about all, IMO.

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about a game that was played 28 years ago where a shoe was worn that didn't change the damned outcome. Salem wasn't beating Richlands that day, regardless of the cleat. It's time to get over it and move on to something more recent than a game 28 years ago.

You don't know if it would have changed outcome or not...and how old are you BTW?

31 minutes ago, old_school_blue said:

I would wager given the level of competition in which Giles' initial titles were won, if Richlands was then in the same classification, Giles would not have 4 titles and Richlands would have more than 2.  Seems like you may want to lay off the sauce for a while...anyone on this site that reads my posts knows very well that I have never worshiped Greg Mance.  That is laughable and shows that you have no damn idea what you are talking about.  And trust me when I tell you...no one in Richlands is sad that you are no longer a Richlands fan.  Don't go away mad...just go away.

Didn't mean you personally as worshiping mance but meant 99% of the fans their...congrats you are in that 1%

And I wasn't asking for pity for not being a Richlands fan anymore...I'll go where I want btw but thanks for telling me what to do lol

6 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Interesting topic there.

Richlands was awful in 1980, so that's no threat.  Giles slam-danced Richlands in 2013 en route to that title, so there's another one answered.  As for the other 4 seasons, it's so difficult to determine because the ONLY common opponent between those 4 seasons was a non-descript Lebanon team in 2006, which Richlands massacred (69-6) and Giles also throttled (48-13).  Richlands was probably better in 1992, 2005, and 2006.  Giles was probably better in 1993.  You could probably flip the 2005 title if Richlands played in D2 instead of D3, but that's about all, IMO.

I disagree about 2005....but just my opinion...no way to ever know

2006 they were the better team no doubt 

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Interesting topic there.

Disagree on 1993.  Richlands scrimmaged @ Giles before the 1993 regular season and physically punished them.  Richlands finished 7-3 on the season and was ineligible for the playoffs, would have made a deep, deep run.  That being said, on my point about state titles, if Richlands had competed in Division 2 in 1993 (assuming eligibility) and 2005, the count would be Richlands 4 titles, Giles 2.  BTW, I believe Thad Wells was the QB on the 2005 team.

24 minutes ago, old_school_blue said:

Disagree on 1993.  Richlands scrimmaged @ Giles before the 1993 regular season and physically punished them.  Richlands finished 7-3 on the season and was ineligible for the playoffs, would have made a deep, deep run.  That being said, on my point about state titles, if Richlands had competed in Division 2 in 1993 (assuming eligibility) and 2005, the count would be Richlands 4 titles, Giles 2.  BTW, I believe Thad Wells was the QB on the 2005 team.

Based on a scrimmage after 2 weeks of practice hahaha

Hard to say you would have won a title if you are ineligible

Using your logic we played well a lot of years...I think we could have won some 4A titles that Salem won...I'm just kidding Just trying to show how dumb it is to base something off a scrimmage

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Hard to say you would have won a title if you are ineligible

Using your logic we played well a lot of years...I think we could have won some 4A titles that Salem won...I'm just kidding Just trying to show how dumb it is to base something off a scrimmage

I was about ready to say something similar.  Richlands couldn't have won a title in 1993, even if they were the Dallas Cowboys.

Well sounds like it is football season and everybody is ready to talk football but none to be had.  As a Richlands fan I could care less about this Giles fans opinions.  Sounds like he has nothing to talk about and is trying to stir the board.  Talk this year man. How does Giles look? Who will be standouts for the Graham this year?

5 minutes ago, thundercloud said:

Well sounds like it is football season and everybody is ready to talk football but none to be had.  As a Richlands fan I could care less about this Giles fans opinions.  Sounds like he has nothing to talk about and is trying to stir the board.  Talk this year man. How does Giles look? Who will be standouts for the Graham this year?

You could care less huh? Lol

I don't give a rat's ass about you either...if my posts upset you snowflake then don't read them

Don't know what Giles will have this year when and if they play but I'll let you know as soon as I find out...I'm sure nothing for the powerhouse blues though

Stirring the board? Hahaha wake up ..I've posted here many years... probably more than you...not sure about that though...frankly don't care either

23 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I say own up to the issue. They used illegal cleats. 

Would it have made a difference? Not entirely sure. Doesn’t change the fact that it’s illegal. Richlands will forever have that controversy on them. Since they were found out, nobody will ever mention that season without the cleats. 

Is it time for Salem people to move on? Way past. 

But acknowledging what happened is just the reality. 

No need for Richlands people to be defensive.