Ronnie Davis

AHScoach

8 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

You don't know if it would have changed outcome or not...and how old are you BTW?

Older than that game. 

Richlands was punished for the game. They lost their chance to win a 1993 state title. That was the punishment. There is no asterisk beside 92. The VHSL had its chance to strip the title and they didn’t. 

Stop beating the damned horse. 

22 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I wished the Richlands/Salem game would become an ESPN 30 for 30 doc.  I would watch every single day. 😄

Can you imagine the dumbasses making a big deal out of it? 🤣

14 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Older than that game. 

Richlands was punished for the game. They lost their chance to win a 1993 state title. That was the punishment. There is no asterisk beside 92. The VHSL had its chance to strip the title and they didn’t. 

Stop beating the damned horse. 

Even if they strip it big deal...everyone knows who won the last game...and their is an asterisk for everyone but Richlands faithful....as I recall you are around 30 yrs old or so...so all you know about the game is what you have heard and game tape...trust me I was there for both games and knew about the cleats before the Salem game was even played...so congrats on that 92* title

Everyone had a shot at 93 title that didn't get caught the previous year getting an unfair advantage

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

You could care less huh? Lol

I don't give a rat's ass about you either...if my posts upset you snowflake then don't read them

Don't know what Giles will have this year when and if they play but I'll let you know as soon as I find out...I'm sure nothing for the powerhouse blues though

Stirring the board? Hahaha wake up ..I've posted here many years... probably more than you...not sure about that though...frankly don't care either

I assure you I am no snowflake. but you sound like a two year old talking about something that was resolved almost thirty years ago. The VHSL decided the price to be paid. What has how long you been posting here got to do with anything.. been here long time,  I just know it is a waste of time to debate somebody who thinks they know it all. You know what you can kiss?

15 minutes ago, thundercloud said:

I assure you I am no snowflake. but you sound like a two year old talking about something that was resolved almost thirty years ago. The VHSL decided the price to be paid. What has how long you been posting here got to do with anything.. been here long time,  I just know it is a waste of time to debate somebody who thinks they know it all. You know what you can kiss?

If it's not worth posting about anymore then quit replying to my messages.....how about that? Or does it touch a nerve?

You call me a 2 year old then say "you know what you can kiss"....wow pot meet kettle and y'all still cheated

No dog in the fight, but a little disrespectful for anyone to assume that Salem would have automatically beat Orange County. I think many of folks have forgotten that Richlands and Salem was the state semifinals and not the state title. If Salem wins the game over the Blues, or if the VHSL would have quickly found out about the cleats and declared Salem the winner over Richlands, there is no guarantee Salem beats Orange County in the state title game. They would have been favored, but still no guaranteed win.

3 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

No dog in the fight, but a little disrespectful for anyone to assume that Salem would have automatically beat Orange County. I think many of folks have forgotten that Richlands and Salem was the state semifinals and not the state title. If Salem wins the game over the Blues, or if the VHSL would have quickly found out about the cleats and declared Salem the winner over Richlands, there is no guarantee Salem beats Orange County in the state title game. They would have been favored, but still no guaranteed win.

Don't see where anyone said Salem would have beaten orange county....or that even matters either

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Don't see where anyone said Salem would have beaten orange county....or that even matters either

Over the years, in conversations I've had with many non Salem and non Richlands fans, at least about 15 in my time have left out Orange County and some even confused by the thought when told the Richlands/Salem game was the semis. The very fact that many have left out Orange County is why it matters. Many don't know, and this is why it matters when the conversation of Richlands/Salem comes up. So many people think the cleats game was the state title.

4 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I was about ready to say something similar.  Richlands couldn't have won a title in 1993, even if they were the Dallas Cowboys.

Richlands had several all-state guys left over from the 92 team and some strong underclassmen, including Jeremy McCommons as a sophmore.

10 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Over the years, in conversations I've had with many non Salem and non Richlands fans, at least about 15 in my time have left out Orange County and some even confused by the thought when told the Richlands/Salem game was the semis. The very fact that many have left out Orange County is why it matters. Many don't know, and this is why it matters when the conversation of Richlands/Salem comes up. So many people think the cleats game was the state title.

But still has nothing to do with the Richlands/Salem game...that's all I was saying

21 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Good point.  Salem probably doesn’t beat Orange County, and it would have continued their string of failures in the late 80s/early 90s.

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Good point.  Salem probably doesn’t beat Orange County, and it would have continued their string of failures in the late 80s/early 90s.

Maybe they do....maybe they don't...but they didn't get the chance to find out either

44 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

If it's not worth posting about anymore then quit replying to my messages.....how about that? Or does it touch a nerve?

You call me a 2 year old then say "you know what you can kiss"....wow pot meet kettle and y'all still cheated

I was talking about your rat's ass,  Waste of time. I am done. It's done. Price has been paid.

I'm going to disagree with one poster on Richlands in 93 not being able to win a title. They were a completely different team by the end of game 10, even with the 7-3 record. I thought they were very close to as good as the 92 team by seasons end. When looking back nearly 30 yrs later and seeing, (7-3) in regular season, don't let that fool you. This team was completely different and improved at a rate way beyond their peers from game 1 through 10. Their run game was good enough by regular seasons end to allow them to be in every game they played. Only my opinion.

4 minutes ago, thundercloud said:

I was talking about your rat's ass,  Waste of time. I am done. It's done. Price has been paid.

Just ignore him. I’ve already used the ignore feature for his content. Growing increasingly tired of BS as I get older and just don’t want to see that junk anymore. Glad Marty Smith is from Giles. He balances out the bad apples. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Just ignore him. I’ve already used the ignore feature for his content. Growing increasingly tired of BS as I get older and just don’t want to see that junk anymore. Glad Marty Smith is from Giles. He balances out the bad apples. 

Wàaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry someone stated facts about the almighty blues...gods gift to swva football...sorry you take facts and get upset

If he can't read this oh well

BTW Marty is a good dude