Ronnie Davis

AHScoach

28 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

So, Ronnie Davis is a darn good coach.  Now that we are back on topic, can we keep it that way?  Please take this discussion to another thread.  Heck, I'll even start a new one for you. 

I can also attest to the fact that Ronnie's level of personal hygiene is beyond reproach.  (At least it was back in the day.)

Oops.  Not sure if this qualifies as on topic.  Would someone be so kind as to summon a marshal?

1 hour ago, RichlandsAlum said:

I can also attest to the fact that Ronnie's level of personal hygiene is beyond reproach.  (At least it was back in the day.)

Oops.  Not sure if this qualifies as on topic.  Would someone be so kind as to summon a marshal?

I checked with the Marshall and he said the first half of your post is on topic, however the 2nd half is not.  Please move the 2nd half of your post to the "off topic" thread.  Since this post is off-topic, it will be moved to the "off topic" thread after 48 hours.

1 hour ago, RichlandsAlum said:

As a moderator: I’ll allow it!

On 8/9/2020 at 12:24 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

He planning to do that idiotic onside kick Everytime they score? He ditched that ignorant idea once he ran into Salem

I enjoyed watching their games on YouTube though and seeing the different schemes they used for multiple onsides in a game.  It was impressive.

19 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

I enjoyed watching their games on YouTube though and seeing the different schemes they used for multiple onsides in a game.  It was impressive.

What team/year I am starved for football 😞

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

In your opinion....no way to know who wins on level playing ground

Have you ever actually sat down and really looked at that game?  Rhetorical question: of course you haven’t, because it would destroy your little narrative.

Richlands out-gained Salem almost 3:1, and would have blown their doors off if not for turnovers.  Salem’s lucky it wasn’t 38-7.  Brandon Breeding rushed 46 times for 229 yards.  Salem wouldn’t have stopped Richlands that day, cleats or not.  

It’s like the people that claim that Tom Brady wouldn't have beaten the Colts with properly inflated footballs.  When you win that decisively, it’s a moronic position to maintain.

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Have you ever actually sat down and really looked at that game?  Rhetorical question: of course you haven’t, because it would destroy your little narrative.

Richlands out-gained Salem almost 3:1, and would have blown their doors off if not for turnovers.  Salem’s lucky it wasn’t 38-7.  Brandon Breeding rushed 46 times for 229 yards.  Salem wouldn’t have stopped Richlands that day, cleats or not.  

It’s like the people that claim that Tom Brady wouldn't have beaten the Colts with properly inflated footballs.  When you win that decisively, it’s a moronic position to maintain.

I was at the game thank you very much...which I'm sure you wasn't...but you have to get on here and spout shit to make yourself look better...and if you don't think longer cleats in that mess helped them you're insane

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The Pats could have beaten the Colts with ping pong balls that night. Blount looked like Devon Johnson did against Tazewell. Man among boys. 

I set on the 35 yd line and watched it live. Richlands gashed em on the ground. Entire field wasn't muddy. Even in the parts with intact grass, Richland's won those battles also. 

Will echo this fact about the 93 Blues since it was mentioned. They paid severely for 92. The 93 team started 0 and 2 with a loss to Lebanon in game 1 with  a game they dominated, but had 7 turnovers. The next game against P. Valley, they lost a close game in which they turned over 5 times, and had 3 inside the P. Valley 15 yard line. I think P. Valley might have won the state title that year. Richland's outplayed em. I was at both of those games and worked in Richland's from 91-95. Richland's other loss was to Christiansburg in a game in which Richland's again turned over 5 times. Richlands had got the turnovers in control by game 10 and was roaring. In the three losses for the 7-3 record, they totalled 17 turnovers. Graham in 93 was absolutely impressive, but Richlands beat us. Graham lost to an out of this world Jefferson Forest Anthony Poindexter led team in the state semis that was equal to an Appo team of recent or Gretna teams of the mid 2000s. 

Ask the older generations in Richlands that truly know football. So many will tell you about the 93 team by seasons end. I watched 92 and 93 teams play about 7 times each. I'm telling you what many of the older Blues folks would......the 93 team by regular seasons end was equally as good as the 92 team and maybe better.  Looking back on history, we can only see 7-3 for 1993, but people don't know the details of the 3 losses. If we will never know what would have happened in 92 without illegal cleats, we also can't assume we know that Richlands would not have won it in 93, if allowed to make the playoffs. I would have loved their chances in 93 with that run game and defense. Nobody stopped em on the ground all year long.

One other sidenote.  On 1992, Richlands beat Salem by 10. Richlands beat Orange County in the state title game by 9. Just saying...

53 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

I set on the 35 yd line and watched it live. Richlands gashed em on the ground. Entire field wasn't muddy. Even in the parts with intact grass, Richland's won those battles also. 

Will echo this fact about the 93 Blues since it was mentioned. They paid severely for 92. The 93 team started 0 and 2 with a loss to Lebanon in game 1 with  a game they dominated, but had 7 turnovers. The next game against P. Valley, they lost a close game in which they turned over 5 times, and had 3 inside the P. Valley 15 yard line. I think P. Valley might have won the state title that year. Richland's outplayed em. I was at both of those games and worked in Richland's from 91-95. Richland's other loss was to Christiansburg in a game in which Richland's again turned over 5 times. Richlands had got the turnovers in control by game 10 and was roaring. In the three losses for the 7-3 record, they totalled 17 turnovers. Graham in 93 was absolutely impressive, but Richlands beat us. Graham lost to an out of this world Jefferson Forest Anthony Poindexter led team in the state semis that was equal to an Appo team of recent or Gretna teams of the mid 2000s. 

Ask the older generations in Richlands that truly know football. So many will tell you about the 93 team by seasons end. I watched 92 and 93 teams play about 7 times each. I'm telling you what many of the older Blues folks would......the 93 team by regular seasons end was equally as good as the 92 team and maybe better.  Looking back on history, we can only see 7-3 for 1993, but people don't know the details of the 3 losses. If we will never know what would have happened in 92 without illegal cleats, we also can't assume we know that Richlands would not have won it in 93, if allowed to make the playoffs. I would have loved their chances in 93 with that run game and defense. Nobody stopped em on the ground all year long.

One other sidenote.  On 1992, Richlands beat Salem by 10. Richlands beat Orange County in the state title game by 9. Just saying...

Giles won state title in 93 not Powell valley...they won it about every other year it seemed lol

42 minutes ago, old_school_blue said:

Which brings me back to my point...Richlands kicked Giles' ass that year in a scrimmage.  💥💥

Key word scrimmage...no cheating in 92 maybe you could have proven this to be true...but you can't...good try