VHSL proposes post-season plans for sports.

Real Sasquatch

5 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

Haun is a waste!! how did he get the position he holds?? fear mongering about normal doesn't exist anymore!! guess he doesn't follow the science or the data.

Legitimately NOTHING has been normal since the day I turned 30. The whole world shut down. Nearly 200k Americans are dead. My son is in school in my kitchen. 83% of my family has not met my 8.5 month old son. We didn't leave my house for a month. Sports were canceled. All over the world. People lost jobs. Businesses are gone that will never come back. 

What exact data or science am I missing that says things are normal, or that they even will be in 4 months when this plan is set to go???

At lest Haun is fighting to let those who want to be in the stands at games actually be there. If the cap stays at 250, it's gonna be parents of players/band/cheer/coaches only and no one is gonna watch football. 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

At lest Haun is fighting to let those who want to be in the stands at games actually be there. If the cap stays at 250, it's gonna be parents of players/band/cheer/coaches only and no one is gonna watch football. 

If a cap is set at that, most schools may not even play due to lack of revenue.

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Legitimately NOTHING has been normal since the day I turned 30. The whole world shut down. Nearly 200k Americans are dead. My son is in school in my kitchen. 83% of my family has not met my 8.5 month old son. We didn't leave my house for a month. Sports were canceled. All over the world. People lost jobs. Businesses are gone that will never come back. 

What exact data or science am I missing that says things are normal, or that they even will be in 4 months when this plan is set to go???

what data?? well that tells me all i need to know. this doesn't kill kids, 0 kids have died in the state of VA under the age of 18  and only 56 died nation wide, compare this to other diseases. median age of people passing from covid is 78 and guess what happens to be the life expectancy in America? you guessed it 78. kids should be in school this has become politicized and here we are. but don't worry after Nov 4 it will all disappear.  all the deaths well when the smoke clears and they actually find out who died of covid and who died with it the numbers will look alot different.

10 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

Haun is a waste!! how did he get the position he holds?? fear mongering about normal doesn't exist anymore!! guess he doesn't follow the science or the data.

May I humbly suggest that you are aiming your concerns at the wrong target?

Historically I've been as critical of the VHSL as anyone.  But the fact that they are talking about a plan for the postseason and the possibility of actually awarding championships should be a very encouraging thing for those who want to see on-field competition.  Just my opinion, of course.

15 minutes ago, footballfanatic said:

what data?? well that tells me all i need to know. this doesn't kill kids, 0 kids have died in the state of VA under the age of 18  and only 56 died nation wide, compare this to other diseases. median age of people passing from covid is 78 and guess what happens to be the life expectancy in America? you guessed it 78. kids should be in school this has become politicized and here we are. but don't worry after Nov 4 it will all disappear.  all the deaths well when the smoke clears and they actually find out who died of covid and who died with it the numbers will look alot different.

It’s not the kids that we worry about. It hasn’t been. We know they are highly unlikely to succumb to COVID. 

But it’s their parents and grandparents who they live with. When they go to school and get it — and we’ve already seen it all across our region where schools went back and there’s been clusters of cases within the schools — do they bring it home to their families who maybe have multiple comorbidities or are of poorer health?

Its the same argument for sports. The kids aren’t going to die playing football right now. But they may get it and go home and kill they parent(s). 

I hate this virus as much as everyone else. But taking aim at Haun for saying what is 100% the truth — there is no normal — just seems politicized and frankly petty. 

3 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

it should have been. never should have locked down, will go down as one of the bigger blunders in history

I concur that the initial closing was mishandled and badly so.  Quite frankly, the measures in place now should have been in place then, and the measures in place then should have been in places when the numbers started to uptick in July.  Perhaps the public would have more patience if the reaction hadn’t been knee-jerk.

5 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

Well the rate of kids getting it in Florida doubled in the last four weeks and there have been several deaths including that of a 9 year old.  Perhaps closing the schools was a major contributing factor to the lack of student cases. While I agree that the disease is much more fatal in the elderly population, we still do not have all the answers as far as long term effects. On a positive note, death rate in general has fallen considerably since March and April-which means that while we haven’t gotten any better at keeping it from spreading we have definitely improved our treatments. 

Although the fact that you think a virus has knowledge of our election systems and will simply disappear after 11/4 demonstrates that this discussion is probably a waste of time 

22 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Well the rate of kids getting it in Florida doubled in the last four weeks and there have been several deaths including that of a 9 year old.  Perhaps closing the schools was a major contributing factor to the lack of student cases. While I agree that the disease is much more fatal in the elderly population, we still do not have all the answers as far as long term effects. On a positive note, death rate in general has fallen considerably since March and April-which means that while we haven’t gotten any better at keeping it from spreading we have definitely improved our treatments. 

Although the fact that you think a virus has knowledge of our election systems and will simply disappear after 11/4 demonstrates that this discussion is probably a waste of time 

I think he was "kidding on the square" about the virus's disappearance on 11/4.  While obviously the virus will be no less transmittable or no less deadly, you're kidding yourself if you think the narrative won't change, for better (Biden) or worse (Trump).

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I think he was "kidding on the square" about the virus's disappearance on 11/4.  While obviously the virus will be no less transmittable or no less deadly, you're kidding yourself if you think the narrative won't change, for better (Biden) or worse (Trump).

If Trump wins, and lets be honest with ourselves, there is a very good chance that will happen... 100% expect Northam to come down hard on us. Especially if Virginia goes red.. now, if that happens you can expect a total lockdown. Expect fines, curfews, jail time, leftist encouraged riots across Norfolk and Richmond, etc.

10 hours ago, mmqp said:

Expect fines, curfews, jail time, leftist encouraged riots across Norfolk and Richmond, etc.

In the few months you've been a member here, you've gone from nonsense about "leftists" letting criminals out of jail early because of fear of COVID-19 spread within the correctional system to a sitting governor putting random citizens in jail for not following COVID-19 restrictions. 

Reading your posts are a complete mindf*ck!

11 hours ago, mmqp said:

If Trump wins, and lets be honest with ourselves, there is a very good chance that will happen... 100% expect Northam to come down hard on us. Especially if Virginia goes red.. now, if that happens you can expect a total lockdown. Expect fines, curfews, jail time, leftist encouraged riots across Norfolk and Richmond, etc.

It's a good thing that I can see the Tennessee line from my front door then, cause if there is a lockdown, I only have a mile or so to be in another state and not have to worry about getting thrown in jail.  Lol.

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

In the few months you've been a member here, you've gone from nonsense about "leftists" letting criminals out of jail early because of fear of COVID-19 spread within the correctional system to a sitting governor putting random citizens in jail for not following COVID-19 restrictions. 

Reading your posts are a complete mindf*ck!

Well.. our governor DID let people out of jail for COVID fears. And one of the people he allowed out went back and murdered his accuser here in Alexandria.

As far as throwing people in jail for not following orders? Has not happened here in Virginia... yet. Has it happened in other states? Oh yea. Think Ralphie would never, ever follow suit? 

I'm sorry that concept does not make sense to you. I've tried to simplify my posts down to yours and HB7's level. I'll try even harder next time as it's obvious it went over both of your heads.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It's a good thing that I can see the Tennessee line from my front door then, cause if there is a lockdown, I only have a mile or so to be in another state and not have to worry about getting thrown in jail.  Lol.

We'll see dude. It was already announced the other day that once a vaccine is available Virginia would make it mandatory for everyone. Now will they go through with that? I do not know and I do believe they'd have quite a battle on their hands.

But yea, I totally expect Ralph and Co. to punish Virginia hard once Trump wins reelection, or at least attempt to. 

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

If you believe all of that garbage you may want to go ahead and move to Tennessee. 

26 minutes ago, 50kw said:

I enjoyed this board and life a lot better when everyone's political leaning was less known.

Those were the days. 

Political leanings were always obvious. You just liked them more when those opinions only mirrored your own.

37 minutes ago, mmqp said:

Well.. our governor DID let people out of jail for COVID fears. And one of the people he allowed out went back and murdered his accuser here in Alexandria.

As far as throwing people in jail for not following orders? Has not happened here in Virginia... yet. Has it happened in other states? Oh yea. Think Ralphie would never, ever follow suit? 

I'm sorry that concept does not make sense to you. I've tried to simplify my posts down to yours and HB7's level. I'll try even harder next time as it's obvious it went over both of your heads.

Screw you prick I just don't get into politics that much on this board ..but I do wish you had the term leftists shoved straight up your ass

• GMan pinned this topic
  • GMan unpinned this topic