VHSL proposes post-season plans for sports.

Real Sasquatch

5 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

who will make the playoffs in each region? GO..... tired of political BS lets play prognosticator

Region 2 D will be tough to call.  

Central and Graham for sure.

Battle for next 2 spots imo will be between Ridgeview, Richlands, Union and Tazewell.  

I'll go with Ridgeview and Tazewell for those 2 spots.  Although wouldnt be surprised to see Richlands or Union.

Scheduling will be huge this year

Graham lost Bluefield and Princeton and should probably drop Giles and  Fort Chiswell and keep Union. They are forced to play Marion and Lebanon on district (unless they are allowed to not schedule them this year).

Tazewell Lost Bluefield, Mount View and Princeton.  Not sure if they would be better off keeping Grundy or Honaker.  Neither would help tremendously.  Maybe they can pick up a stronger opponent.

13 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Region 2 D will be tough to call.  

Central and Graham for sure.

Battle for next 2 spots imo will be between Ridgeview, Richlands, Union and Tazewell.  

I'll go with Ridgeview and Tazewell for those 2 spots.  Although wouldnt be surprised to see Richlands or Union.

Scheduling will be huge this year

Graham lost Bluefield and Princeton and should probably drop Giles and  Fort Chiswell and keep Union. They are forced to play Marion and Lebanon on district (unless they are allowed to not schedule them this year).

Tazewell Lost Bluefield, Mount View and Princeton.  Not sure if they would be better off keeping Grundy or Honaker.  Neither would help tremendously.  Maybe they can pick up a stronger opponent.

Graham cant keep Union in a 6 game season as all of Unions games would be District games unless Districts are dissolved for next season

2 hours ago, Counts said:

Graham cant keep Union in a 6 game season as all of Unions games would be District games unless Districts are dissolved for next season

I assume district games would be kept. Top to bottom is which district is stronger, SWD or M7?  M7 undoubtedly last season but Battle and GC are up in the air.

Be hard to get 3 teams from either district in. 2 and 2 if I had to guess. The top SWD teams need to find 3A+ opponents to boost that strength of schedule(assuming Lebanon and Marion are weak again) and that will be hard to do considering the River Ridge and Three Rivers are 7 team districts so their schedules will be full. Maybe a trip to a Blue Ridge District team?

On 8/27/2020 at 12:59 PM, redtiger said:

4 teams right?

For Region D 2A - Central, Ridgeview, Graham, and... Tazewell 

Region D 1A - JI Burton, Thomas Walker, Chilhowie, and ???

To be the man, you’ve got to beat the man. 

Tazewell hasn’t beaten Richlands since 2002 and hasn’t scored against Richlands in 4 seasons. 

It’s hard for me to pick them to finish second when the gap between the two has been so great for so long. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Tazewell hasn’t beaten Richlands since 2002 and hasn’t scored against Richlands in 4 seasons. 

It’s hard for me to pick them to finish second when the gap between the two has been so great for so long. 

are you serious? kept them scoreless for 4 years?? holy cow.

4 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

are you serious? kept them scoreless for 4 years?? holy cow.

2019: 41-0

2018: 34-0

2017: 24-0

2016: 45-0

2015: 42-7

Seniors in the class of 2020 never knew what it was like to see Tazewell celebrate in the endzone behind them. 

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

2019: 41-0

2018: 34-0

2017: 24-0

2016: 45-0

2015: 42-7

Seniors in the class of 2020 never knew what it was like to see Tazewell celebrate in the endzone behind them. 

I’d wager everything that isn’t nailed down that the scoreless streak ends this year.  Will it translate to a win?  Not sure, but all streaks of this nature end eventually.

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Im playing the odds 🤣 

Not to mention the tremendous amount of injuries they had last season definately held them back.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I’d wager everything that isn’t nailed down that the scoreless streak ends this year.  Will it translate to a win?  Not sure, but all streaks of this nature end eventually.

I would also bet they score. But will bringing back a few players from injury result in a 42+ point swing?

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I would also bet they score. But will bringing back a few players from injury result in a 42+ point swing?

What % of the Offense would those few have accounted for? How important were they for the Defense? Take the players of the same positions off the field for Richlands, how would their backups perform? 

Lets say they account for 3 scores and save 2, now youve got a ballgame.

Not denying Richlands greatness in that series lately but that gap can close fast, especially in high school ball

2 minutes ago, redtiger said:

What % of the Offense would those few have accounted for? How important were they for the Defense? Take the players of the same positions off the field for Richlands, how would their backups perform? 

Lets say they account for 3 scores and save 2, now youve got a ballgame.

Not denying Richlands greatness in that series lately but that gap can close fast, especially in high school ball

I agree gaps can close fast. I just think it's a pretty big gap and Richlands didn't lose all that much. Plus we will see how early in the season that game is. If Tazewell doesn't have any film on what Thad is doing to the offense, that could make a big difference, too.

They're talented. And they were injured last year. But some of the ones who played and were highly touted just didn't show it in that game. Much like UVA and VT, until I see it swing the other way, it's hard to pick Tazewell to finish top 2.

Just now, UVAObserver said:

2016: VT - 52, UVA - 10

2017: VT -10, UVA - 0

Gaps can close pretty quickly.

Like I said to redtiger, I know they can. But even in that big swing, UVA still didn't get over the hump. That's all I'm saying. It's as much mental sometimes as physical. I'm excited to be talking football...really wish that game was coming up in a few weeks and not 4 months. 

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Like I said to redtiger, I know they can. But even in that big swing, UVA still didn't get over the hump. That's all I'm saying. It's as much mental sometimes as physical. I'm excited to be talking football...really wish that game was coming up in a few weeks and not 4 months. 

There was some really wonky officiating in that game, which bothered me much more than it did this time last year.  

Tazewell was down 5 or 6 major contributora on both sides of the ball Due to injury.  42 point swing?  Not sure...They are all back this year, I guess we will see , barring injury.  Mance had them seriously out-coached.  I think Tazewell added a nice addition or 2 to their staff as well.

17 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I agree gaps can close fast. I just think it's a pretty big gap and Richlands didn't lose all that much. Plus we will see how early in the season that game is. If Tazewell doesn't have any film on what Thad is doing to the offense, that could make a big difference, too.

They're talented. And they were injured last year. But some of the ones who played and were highly touted just didn't show it in that game. Much like UVA and VT, until I see it swing the other way, it's hard to pick Tazewell to finish top 2.

Who’s RB and QB at Richlands this year 

• GMan pinned this topic
  • GMan unpinned this topic