Must see TN/KY games

redtiger

So I plan on crossing state lines and taking advantage of getting to watch 2 football seasons this school year. What are some of the must see/good games this year or any players that are must see? 

This week (9/4) I plan on going to Bristol Municipal Stadium to watch Daniel Boone take on Tennessee High. Idk if this will be a good game or not but ive wanted to go see a game at the Stone Castle for awhile and this Friday is the day.

If KY opens up and stays open I plan on going to watch Belfry @ Pikeville on 9/18, and maybe Belfry @ Johnson Central on 10/30

We scrimmage at East when I was in school.  Played at Happy Valley and Unicoi while in school either in JV or a scrimmage.  HV was the first place any of us had ever set foot on bermuda.  We just laid on it like it was carpet before warming up.

15 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

We scrimmage at East when I was in school.  Played at Happy Valley and Unicoi while in school either in JV or a scrimmage.  HV was the first place any of us had ever set foot on bermuda.  We just laid on it like it was carpet before warming up.

My first trip to Clintwood was the same. Setting there during warm ups and I remember digging my finger down in the grass trying to find dirt, never did.

23 hours ago, redtiger said:

So I plan on crossing state lines and taking advantage of getting to watch 2 football seasons this school year. What are some of the must see/good games this year or any players that are must see? 

This week (9/4) I plan on going to Bristol Municipal Stadium to watch David Crockett take on Tennessee High. Idk if this will be a good game or not but ive wanted to go see a game at the Stone Castle for awhile and this Friday is the day.

If KY opens up and stays open I plan on going to watch Belfry @ Pikeville on 9/18, and maybe Belfry @ Johnson Central on 10/30

Both of those games on the Kentucky side should be a lot of fun.  With Boone beating Greeneville Friday night, Boone at D-B here in a few weeks now is a pretty appetizing non-region game.  Alcoa at D-B on the Thursday night televised game should be fun just to get to see Alcoa in person.

8 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Both of those games on the Kentucky side should be a lot of fun.  With Boone beating Greeneville Friday night, Boone at D-B here in a few weeks now is a pretty appetizing non-region game.  Alcoa at D-B on the Thursday night televised game should be fun just to get to see Alcoa in person.

Everybody should see Alcoa play at least once. Great, highly organized program from the the youth leagues up, just like Maryville. I've seen them play quite a few times over the years, and saw them back in 2017 when they came to D-B with the youngest, least physically imposing Alcoa team I had seen. They were 2-2 coming in with losses to Corbin and Maryville. They trailed D-B by 2 scores for most of the game, and were down 31-21 heading into the 4th. They got a TD, then stopped D-B on downs after a long drive. At that point, you knew they were going to score, and they did. You could see it in the body language of the players. Those kids never thought for a second they were going to lose and they kept playing hard. They wound up winning 35-31. 

21 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Alcoa @ DB on Thursday 10/29 and Belfry @ Johnson Central on Friday 10/30, might be a busy weekend for me  

On 8/31/2020 at 9:29 AM, redtiger said:

This week (9/4) I plan on going to Bristol Municipal Stadium to watch David Crockett take on Tennessee High. Idk if this will be a good game or not but ive wanted to go see a game at the Stone Castle for awhile and this Friday is the day.

Definitely gotta  see the Stone Castle its pretty dang cool. Plus you will get to see Jayden Keller and Prince Kollie and DC OL/DL Tony Davis. Definitely should catch DB when they play someone from down towards Knox that will be some good football. You have to go watch Elizabethton they have to most Talent outta any team in the area. I'd probably go catch them playing Boone or Greeneville 

Here in South Florida, Martin, St Lucie and Indian River counties announced today they will cap ticket sales at 1K, with tickets being sold online only. That probably won't affect anyone much except for Vero Beach and Sebastian River. Vero turns out a great crowd every home game, and lots of parents/grandparents go to watch their kids in the band at Sebastian River. It's not quite as big as the Dobyns-Bennett band, but it's really big. The rest of these schools have sparse turnouts. We saw two games at Jensen Beach last year and I'd guess they didn't have 70 people combined at those games in spite of having one of their best years ever.

10 hours ago, CoachT423 said:

Definitely gotta  see the Stone Castle its pretty dang cool. Plus you will get to see Jayden Keller and Prince Kollie and DC OL/DL Tony Davis. Definitely should catch DB when they play someone from down towards Knox that will be some good football. You have to go watch Elizabethton they have to most Talent outta any team in the area. I'd probably go catch them playing Boone or Greeneville 

When I was in HS band, we did a competition my freshman year inside the castle. I HATED the grass. Was not used to marching in the thickness that is Bermuda. But the stadium and all of the stuff around is pretty cool.

10 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

They have turf now.

That would have been wonderful in 2004 lol. Didn’t know they changed it. I don’t pay attention to TN football. Unless Richlands ever plays them. 

On 9/4/2020 at 9:05 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

I want to go to a Mount View game sometime... whether that is this year or not, I kinda doubt it.

I know a certain someone from this board who will get to see quite a few of those this year, however.

I've got room in my truck if you want to buy me dinner...

7 hours ago, redtiger said:

KY schools restricting attendance is throwing a major wrench in my plans. Im not going to potentially take a parents seat or the seat of a fan. Not blaming them, I just don't like it.

What is their restrictions?  It will be hard for you to get a ticket for that D-B and Alcoa game as well because unless you bought season tickets like I did, the only other way to acquire a ticket is at the athletics office Monday through Friday from 8am-2pm.  They're not selling tickets at the gate.

13 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

What is their restrictions?  It will be hard for you to get a ticket for that D-B and Alcoa game as well because unless you bought season tickets like I did, the only other way to acquire a ticket is at the athletics office Monday through Friday from 8am-2pm.  They're not selling tickets at the gate.

I think the restrictions vary from school to school, not sure though. I know Letcher is limiting attendance to 600. The lady I spoke with at Bell County was very nice but she wouldn't say exactly what the limit was but I definitely got the feeling that unless you were a parent or a hand full of local fans they really didn't want you there. 

Ive not quite figured the DB game out yet. TN high sold theirs online which was nice.

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

I think the restrictions vary from school to school, not sure though. I know Letcher is limiting attendance to 600. The lady I spoke with at Bell County was very nice but she wouldn't say exactly what the limit was but I definitely got the feeling that unless you were a parent or a hand full of local fans they really didn't want you there. 

Ive not quite figured the DB game out yet. TN high sold theirs online which was nice.

I figure I could probably go to any Pike Central or Shelby Valley game I want to go to, since I became pretty good friends with their Twitter correspondents.  But Neither of them are the most exciting teams to watch... Lol.

Pike Central does play Belfry since they're in the same district as them, but that game is always a massacre.