Princeton @ Bluefield livestream...

GMan

Special teams for both teams needs a lot of work. Bluefield is young and a season or 2 away from being a top tier team in 2A, I believe.  Pressure came up the middle on Princeton's qb and they never adjusted, never tried to roll him out or anything.  As expected for a first contest, with no scrimmages, I guess.

Final score:  Bluefield 15 - Princeton 13

1 hour ago, GMan said:

Princeton 13-12...Bluefield's lack of a kicker will hurt them this season...

That won't be the only thing that will hurt them this year.  Besides, with the color coding map and Mercer now back in the orange, I don't see Bluefield getting to play many games this fall anyways

I don't think it would matter regardless of the color coding map.  This young Bluefield team is no threat to win a state title.  Credit the Beavers on getting that W, and they will definitely improve as they are young and very talented, and you will see their improvement go up at an alarming rate compared to most other AA teams in WV (if the season continues and finishes), but even with their sure improvement, this team isn't a state title threat like they are on most years.  With that said, what does is say about a program as to how they are judged on whether they are state title contenders or not?  It says a lot.  But......this year.....it's not happening.  There is surely 2 teams in AA WV that are at Least better than them not just now, but also by season's end.

31 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

I don't think it would matter regardless of the color coding map.  This young Bluefield team is no threat to win a state title.  Credit the Beavers on getting that W, and they will definitely improve as they are young and very talented, and you will see their improvement go up at an alarming rate compared to most other AA teams in WV (if the season continues and finishes), but even with their sure improvement, this team isn't a state title threat like they are on most years.  With that said, what does is say about a program as to how they are judged on whether they are state title contenders or not?  It says a lot.  But......this year.....it's not happening.  There is surely 2 teams in AA WV that are at Least better than them not just now, but also by season's end.

Princeton reminded me of the Princeton team from last season, they have a few good players, but are very inconsistent on offense.  Seem to have no flow with that they are trying to do.