2021 Basketball

Tigerman10

Fact is, even if football isn't being played, it's still football season and folks are going to talk football until basketball gets going.  I'm sure someone will chime in when it starts...

3 hours ago, bucfan64 said:

Boys - 2A Not sure, 1A Twin Springs

Girls - Ridgeview 2A, Honaker 1A (teams to beat)

What did Grundy lose on the boys side?  TS will have some talent.  I wonder about their depth as they graduated five or six who saw significant minutes last year I believe.  

8 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

What did Grundy lose on the boys side?  TS will have some talent.  I wonder about their depth as they graduated five or six who saw significant minutes last year I believe.  

Grundy lost a lot but probably have the best player in SWVA back.  

TS should be really good-most of what they lost were complimentary players. They return the heavy lifters and will be a force for the next few seasons.  

Honaker has a good young group coming.  

59 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Grundy lost a lot but probably have the best player in SWVA back.  

TS should be really good-most of what they lost were complimentary players. They return the heavy lifters and will be a force for the next few seasons.  

TS returns talent.  No doubt about it.  Young talent at that. What will be hard to fill is the kids who done the dirty work.

PREDICTION

After watching TS play last year and having done this for the past 26 years, my assessment tells me that TS will win at least one State Title if not multiple titles assuming the progression continues. 

No state titles for the Titans if they play like they did against us over at TNT.  Big Blue opened a can on Big Red.  I think some of the parents for the Big Red have these huge horse blinders on to the point that they can’t see that their kid isn’t Duke bound but more on the track to barely making the team at UVA Wise and the way that program is right now that’s not saying a whole lot either.  You never know what can happen though. 

2 hours ago, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

No state titles for the Titans if they play like they did against us over at TNT.  Big Blue opened a can on Big Red.  I think some of the parents for the Big Red have these huge horse blinders on to the point that they can’t see that their kid isn’t Duke bound but more on the track to barely making the team at UVA Wise and the way that program is right now that’s not saying a whole lot either.  You never know what can happen though. 

From one GC fan to the next...That wasn’t a Full TS team at TNT.  Lol. The guards were from Holston and Cherokee. Get your facts straight!

Edited by OneGCfanfromTS

• 2 weeks later...

The Cumberland should be interesting. Burton has two dynamic guards, Eastside is gonna Eastside until further notice, Twin Springs has high expectations, Rye Cove returns virtually everyone including the big kid.  

RC will be led by a mostly JR class, with Mason Hardin being the lone SR making a big impact on the team I would believe.  Depth may be an issue but should be pretty decent through their first 7 with 4 kids who can score.  

I dont get to watch them much, but last years TS game was fun at the Cove through the first half.  RC tried playing through contact driving the ball into the lane, where as TS would drive and kick out for 3s.  Contact wasnt being called around the basket on either side and TS adapted to it better taking the 3 balls given to them.  Those two have played a lot of ball against each other over the years.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:43 PM, Bluefield researcher said:

I don't have the dates of the games but Graham's 14 games are home and home with SW schools and home and home with Bluefield and Princeton.

It will be interesting to see what Graham has. They lost quite a bit but bring back their best player.