Tazewell to open the season with Riverheads

Real Sasquatch

1 minute ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Indeed.  But there appears to have been some discretion in those arrangements.  Tazewell played a rotation of pretty much all Roanoke area schools (including some very strong Andrew Lewis teams) regularly in the mid 1960s.  By comparison my alma mater pretty much stuck with playing William Fleming and Patrick Henry to meet the requirement.  I think there is an argument to be made for giving credit where credit is due, but reasonable minds may differ.

Was just trying to explain why they were playing. Tazewell's opponents were definitely tougher. Grundy played E. C. Glass several years. Would be interested to know if there was some pre arranged scheduling with schools from the Roanoke District or if it was every man for himself. 

15 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Everyone is returning minus a handful that started last year! They will need someone to step up big time at the linebacker with losing Myers and Cam The Hammer Taylor graduation. 

I knew yall had a lot of skill guys come back. Did that mountain man yall had at tackle back or did he graduate? I will tip my hat to who every took over the Oline last year they did a hell of a job that is the best I have seen that unit look in a while

2 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I knew yall had a lot of skill guys come back. Did that mountain man yall had at tackle back or did he graduate? I will tip my hat to who every took over the Oline last year they did a hell of a job that is the best I have seen that unit look in a while

He's back.  Everyone on both O-Line and D-Line returns.  

On 9/17/2020 at 5:47 PM, Bulldogs52 said:

My question on Graham and Richlands playing twice, couldn’t they find a 6th team? No one wanna play them? Also could they possibly end up playing a total of 3 times in one season?

My guess is the reason for playing twice was they didn’t want to do a three or four hour road trip. That’s just my own thinking and I could be wrong. I believe the 2nd game between the two will be only that counts as far district. 

On 9/18/2020 at 8:33 PM, Gridiron60 said:

My guess is the reason for playing twice was they didn’t want to do a three or four hour road trip. That’s just my own thinking and I could be wrong. I believe the 2nd game between the two will be only that counts as far district. 

I think the main reason is that playoff seeding is going to be based off the power points we have used in the pasted. The mountain 7 gets a big points boost because they have to play 3A Abingdon. So instead of taking less points by playing a 1A school they are just gonna play each other.

7 hours ago, Jags52 said:

I think the main reason is that playoff seeding is going to be based off the power points we have used in the pasted. The mountain 7 gets a big points boost because they have to play 3A Abingdon. So instead of taking less points by playing a 1A school they are just gonna play each other.

That's not what I've heard as the preferred seeding method in the Region, and the Region has yet to vote on it anyway.  I'd be quite surprised if it's not a cross-bracket between SWD/M7 for the playoffs.

17 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

That's not what I've heard as the preferred seeding method in the Region, and the Region has yet to vote on it anyway.  I'd be quite surprised if it's not a cross-bracket between SWD/M7 for the playoffs.

The way I understand it is the top 4 team in the region go to the playoffs not the top 2 in each

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Technically, that’s how it’s always been.  I’m just saying, it’s probably gonna be different this year, like everything else.

Exactly.  What if one district battles it out for the top spot and 3 teams come out with 2 losses and only one of them makes it?  I dont think 6 games against primarily district opponents justifies using a point system.

16 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Exactly.  What if one district battles it out for the top spot and 3 teams come out with 2 losses and only one of them makes it?  I dont think 6 games against primarily district opponents justifies using a point system.

The almighty Coin?