Let's see your fields.

BoBob

1 hour ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Mitchell Stadium, the home of the Bluefield Beavers and the home of the Graham G-Men.  In the picture, you are also looking at two states.  Mostly West Virginia in the photo, but far to the right and up top would be the state of Virginia.

mitchell.thumb.jpg.574fcf9a41c8c3844938fb2e2a6d974e.jpg

Would be nice to see a game in that stadium!  

Thanks for sharing. 

13 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

What is P01

PO1  (Power of One) was the teams "theme" back in 2015.  To make a long story somewhat shorter, than was what coach decided on and then not long after the beginning of the year our community had a rash of deaths from students, recently graduated students and so forth.  I think about 7 in all and "Power of One' PO1 quickly became the rally cry of our community as they looked to the high school football program (who was really at the beginning of a great run) for some sort of hope and enjoyment to take minds away from the tragedies.   The "theme" changed over the next several season but was rooted with PO1  (one year it was PO1 STRONG,  PO1 BELIEVE,  PO1 FAITH,   PO1 JOY.

In fact in 2015 when Richands came to here in the playoffs they were up 21-7 I think in the fourth and the crowd broke out in a a PO1 chant as our team began their comeback.  I've heard that during a timeout part of coaches "talk" was to  listen to the crowd and he reminded the boys that they were playing for this town.  Coach Smith has ALWAYS instilled to the boys that the game is bigger than themselves and that they are playing for their teammates and their community.  If I had a dollar for every time I've heard him tell the kids to "love and serve others and when they accomplish that then the are the ultimate TEAM".

If I can find the news special on PO1 I will try to post it here.