If You Think Abortion is Murder...

Deleted Account

You get your chance to change that on November 3, 2020.  Needless to say, the stakes just ratcheted up exponentially.

Such is the political climate upon the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  Quite a mixed legacy, and in better times, we could remember her for simply her legacy.  Society won’t allow that anymore, and it’s not for the best.

I do, in most cases, think abortion is murder. Rape was given as the reason only 1% of the time, while incest in only 0.5% of cases. There are also extremely rare instances that an abortion is necessary to save the mother's life. These are extremely difficult circumstances where I believe abortions should be allowed.

Otherwise, I believe ~98% of abortions in the US are unnecessary and should not be legal. Many of the same people who lament the shootings of criminals by the police staunchly defend women's right to slaughter more than 600,000 unborn babies each year.

Statistics: Guttmacher Institute 

I see abortion not as a problem but as a symptom of a problem. That problem is unwanted pregnancy. Until we address that as rational people we will never be able to address the symptoms of that problem rationally. Other symptoms include poverty, poor education, unemployment, crime, etc. 

19 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I do, in most cases, think abortion is murder. Rape was given as the reason only 1% of the time, while incest in only 0.5% of cases. There are also extremely rare instances that an abortion is necessary to save the mother's life. These are extremely difficult circumstances where I believe abortions should be allowed.

Otherwise, I believe ~98% of abortions in the US are unnecessary and should not be legal. Many of the same people who lament the shootings of criminals by the police staunchly defend a women's right to slaughter more than 600,000 unborn babies each year.

Statistics: Guttmacher Institute 

Pretty much my opinion on the topic as well.  Again, it’s roughly 98%, and it disproportionately targets minorities.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/conjoined-twin-girls-separated-michigan

This video is the definition of lives who were deemed more precious then the alternative of abortion.  Parents who made a choice for these children to enjoy life.  The scales are now tilted to a right being more valuable than a heartbeat.  

This video touches me greatly because I am a twin.

Please watch the video it tells the heart of the story.  The skill of the surgeons, the tenacity of the parents, the joy of watching the children interact with each other after separation. Awesome!!!