Mance making debut as head coach at Loris...

GMan

Plays against Dillon High, a powerhouse and one of the best programs for its size on the East Coast.  Dillon is preseason ranked number one in SC again preseason at the 2A level and has played in the state championship game 11 out of 12 years, and winning something like 5 out of the last 8.  Size for size, this bunch is one bad outfit.  Coach Mance will bring that program up though.  Loris has great athletes, but he will playing one of the tougher schedules for a 2A school in South Carolina.  Teams like Dillon, Green Sea,  South Columbus, NC, Carolina Forest out of Myrtle Beach-Conway, and North Myrtle Beach.  It's just an absolutely ridiculous schedule.  Year in and year out even at the 2A level and sometimes competing at the 3A level, Dillon is one of the better schools in South Carolina at any level.  Loris received honorable mentioned votes in the preseason 2A rankings, but you can expect Loris to lose.  In 2016, Dillon beat Loris 37-0, in 2017, it was 39-20, in 2018, it was 47-14, and last year, it was 51-20.  Dillon is supposed to return most of it's starters and they beat most teams like the scores you seen above with Loris.  If you see a score where Loris is withing 14 or 17 points, or something like 38-21, or 35-21, you can already consider that a major turn around for Mance at Loris High.  I used to live in Conway and am familiar some with Myrtle Beach area schools.  Loris, even though in Horry County, is about 30 minutes from Cherry Grove-North Myrtle and is a very rural area.  They've always had athletes, but their coaching has been pretty bad.  Mance has talent at Loris and he will turn it around, but it will take a while due to that ridiculous schedule.  It would kind of be like Richlands in those few years where they had Bluefield, Union, Graham, Blacksburg, Lord Botty or William Byrd on the schedule.  They literally have 5 juggernouts every year and 3 of the other 5 or so are also tough.

On 9/28/2020 at 12:35 PM, vtdavis4321 said:

Plays against Dillon High, a powerhouse and one of the best programs for its size on the East Coast.  Dillon is preseason ranked number one in SC again preseason at the 2A level and has played in the state championship game 11 out of 12 years, and winning something like 5 out of the last 8.  Size for size, this bunch is one bad outfit.  Coach Mance will bring that program up though.  Loris has great athletes, but he will playing one of the tougher schedules for a 2A school in South Carolina.  Teams like Dillon, Green Sea,  South Columbus, NC, Carolina Forest out of Myrtle Beach-Conway, and North Myrtle Beach.  It's just an absolutely ridiculous schedule.  Year in and year out even at the 2A level and sometimes competing at the 3A level, Dillon is one of the better schools in South Carolina at any level.  Loris received honorable mentioned votes in the preseason 2A rankings, but you can expect Loris to lose.  In 2016, Dillon beat Loris 37-0, in 2017, it was 39-20, in 2018, it was 47-14, and last year, it was 51-20.  Dillon is supposed to return most of it's starters and they beat most teams like the scores you seen above with Loris.  If you see a score where Loris is withing 14 or 17 points, or something like 38-21, or 35-21, you can already consider that a major turn around for Mance at Loris High.  I used to live in Conway and am familiar some with Myrtle Beach area schools.  Loris, even though in Horry County, is about 30 minutes from Cherry Grove-North Myrtle and is a very rural area.  They've always had athletes, but their coaching has been pretty bad.  Mance has talent at Loris and he will turn it around, but it will take a while due to that ridiculous schedule.  It would kind of be like Richlands in those few years where they had Bluefield, Union, Graham, Blacksburg, Lord Botty or William Byrd on the schedule.  They literally have 5 juggernouts every year and 3 of the other 5 or so are also tough.

is dillon 3a ?

• 2 weeks later...

Dillon beat Loris 63-27 after Loris led at the half by a score of 21-14.  Dillon of course, is the number one ranked 3A team in S. Carolina and one of the winningest teams on the East Coast the past 25 years.  

https://www.myhorrynews.com/sports/dillon-thumps-loris/article_9866ef90-1b2d-11eb-b3bb-7b005614c4f0.html

When I saw the HT score I was kicking myself for not trying to go.  I did watch part of St. James/Conway on TV.  Wasnt really quality football from what I saw.  Conway had a 6-1 257lb TB who was a brute at times but they still lost 28-7.  I think St. James had lost 2 QBs by the time I started watching the announcers said, but then had a kid get Dak Prescotted with a couple of minutes left in the game.  It was nasty to see on TV.