State senate

Single A west

State senate voting now and will send letter urging vhsl to play football this fall. Survival rate for ages 0-19 99.997%. I think there are 36 health districts in Virginia. If I’m not mistaken I thought dr. Shelton stayed only one COVID case from August 13th to September 24th in all mt Rogers district. Roughly 18-19,000 students in district. Very hard to hear at Galax school board meeting.

Edited by Single A west

Doesn't matter what the VHSL does. They can have all the plans in the world to play tomorrow, but as long as Virginia is in phase 3, there will be no sports.  The Governor and State Senate will either have to move us out of phase 3 or re-phrase what is allowed in phase 3.  Seems like political posturing to me   The VHSL has its hands tied. 

15 hours ago, Single A west said:

State senate voting now and will send letter urging vhsl to play football this fall. Survival rate for ages 0-19 99.997%. I think there are 36 health districts in Virginia. If I’m not mistaken only one COVID case from August 13th to September 24th in all mt Rogers district. Roughly 18-19,000 students in district.

Not trying to poke holes but your numbers aren't accurate for the Mount Rogers Health District.  Grayson County and Carroll County have had numerous positive cases among faculty, staff as well as students since the beginning of school.  Galax City Public Schools had a public meeting last Thursday to walk parents through the in-person school process.  Galax has been "virtual only" since school began September 8th.  They will begin in-person classes October 7th. 

I bring that up to provide documented proof of my statements.  Dr. Karen Shelton (Mount Rogers Health District Director) addressed the crowd on behalf of the Galax City Public Schools both in-person and through Facebook Live (in which my wife and I watched).  During her speech, she confirmed the cases in Carroll and Grayson as totaling 18 school students since August 13.  That's 18 not counting faculty and staff of each respective school district.  That information can be found in the linked Galax Gazette article.

https://www.galaxgazette.com/content/galax-begin-person-classes

Its ridiculous, they need to get these kids on the field and let them play.  Its not like "not letting them play" is 100% effective either. Kids are going to get together and do.  I've read we are one of 10-14 states that are not playing football right now!

It's a bad deal, I get that but if we went back to horse and buggy days there would be a lot less deaths on the roadways,.....at what point do we say we need to move on with life and understand the risk. 

3 hours ago, BoBob said:

Its ridiculous, they need to get these kids on the field and let them play.  Its not like "not letting them play" is 100% effective either. Kids are going to get together and do.  I've read we are one of 10-14 states that are not playing football right now!

It's a bad deal, I get that but if we went back to horse and buggy days there would be a lot less deaths on the roadways,.....at what point do we say we need to move on with life and understand the risk. 

After the election.  Which may take a while to decide.

24 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

After the election.  Which may take a while to decide.

LOL!!  You right!  

Just want to see my son get his senior year.  Friday nights now leave a hollow feeling in my gut!

13 minutes ago, BoBob said:

LOL!!  You right!  

Just want to see my son get his senior year.  Friday nights now leave a hollow feeling in my gut!

I feel as if they will get to play. The other states have faired well for the most part.  The political climate at the time will determine if the Governor allows it   The ball is entirely in his court.  If there is a lot of backlash from his base, the kids will play.  I may be totally wrong, but that seems to be the trend in other states.

Folks standing outside of the VHSL headquarters rallying need to go to the Governor's mansion.  The VHSL has plans in place.  Those plans mean nothing unless the Governor gives the green light.

9 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Chuckey Doak cancelling two games due to Covid

Seems like its six in one hand and half a dozen in the other as far as playing in the spring, but VHSL really needs to extend the seasons because compressing them only puts more games at risk with the seemingly inevitable outbreaks 

Yes.  Not a fan of the short seasons