So where would your team be after week 5??

BoBob

No football games so let’s talk it. Where would you team be standing this far through the season?

Appomattox Raiders:

They could be anywhere 3-2 right now and a possible 5-0.

Our first game might have been a rough one. Buckingham returns a veteran squad that is really about the same team from last year. They were riddled with injuries in the playoffs or there would have been a very good chance we would have seen them in Salem.

Our third game would have been against 3A Heritage who generally makes a good run in the playoffs.

Not saying the Raiders would have lost this games but they (like last year) need to bring some young lineman along. If that can happen they have the skill players to be a threat to any team. 

Not to offend my Bluefield friends but I predict if the game had been played, Graham would have won Battle of the Bluefield’s.  I could easily see Graham 5-0 if the season went on as normal. I’m not saying 100% certainty but a good chance. Now we just sit back & lose a month of weight room and practice.  

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not to offend my Bluefield friends but I predict if the game had been played, Graham would have won Battle of the Bluefield’s.  I could easily see Graham 5-0 if the season went on as normal. I’m not saying 100% certainty but a good chance. Now we just sit back & lose a month of weight room and practice.  

Graham wouldn’t be 5-0, and would be lucky to be 3-2.

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

A guy can dream can’t he? Lol

I tend to agree with Gridiron.  I would lean more towards 5-0 then 3-2.  How about 4-1?  Graham has added a very good coach to the ranks with Yubrenal Isabelle of Bluefield / NFL / NFL Europe fame.  Graham has plenty of weapons returning and possibly the best player in the region in Xayvion Bradshaw.

The games between Graham, Tazewell and Bluefield would have been good battles this year. 

21 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I tend to agree with Gridiron.  I would lean more towards 5-0 then 3-2.  How about 4-1?  Graham has added a very good coach to the ranks with Yubrenal Isabelle of Bluefield / NFL / NFL Europe fame.  Graham has plenty of weapons returning and possibly the best player in the region in Xayvion Bradshaw.

The games between Graham, Tazewell and Bluefield would have been good battles this year. 

People forget that Graham lost a TON from lat year’s team.  You don’t just lose 17 seniors and pick up right where you left off.  More likely that Graham would have started 0-2 than 2-0.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

People forget that Graham lost a TON from lat year’s team.  You don’t just lose 17 seniors and pick up right where you left off.  More likely that Graham would have started 0-2 than 2-0.

We will never know.  Im looking forward to that Graham - Tazewell matchup in the spring.  Hope it happens. 

Bluefield rises to the occasion against Graham and has largely been "in Graham's head" for 100 years.  As a Graham fan, it seems like Graham has to be 10 points better than Bluefield to get the W when the two match up.  Bluefield in game one was raw, no scrimmages, no nothing, and they played Princeton and many of us are judging them based on that single performance after they also lost a bunch of Div 1 players.  Graham lost a bunch, especially on the line of scrimmage and give Graham the same conditions that Bluefield had coming in for game 1 against Princeton, and I think the Beavers certainly wouldn't be picked to lose.  I'm a G-Men dude, but I am not sold Graham automatically wins over Bluefield, if the two played in game one.  The Beavers are 1 game from being 8-0 on the season.  If the Beavers could pull off the W over Parkersburg, they are undefeated in the regular season.  The others aren't beating them in the regular season by looking at their schedule.

Ridgeview would've been 5-0 or 4-1...

Lock wins against J. I. Burton, Shelby Valley, Lee High and Gate City

Wise Central would be at the Ridge, so the Pack would have had home field advantage, but I think we all are thinking that Central is a heavy favorite in the district this season if not Region 2D.

6 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Bluefield rises to the occasion against Graham and has largely been "in Graham's head" for 100 years.  As a Graham fan, it seems like Graham has to be 10 points better than Bluefield to get the W when the two match up.  Bluefield in game one was raw, no scrimmages, no nothing, and they played Princeton and many of us are judging them based on that single performance after they also lost a bunch of Div 1 players.  Graham lost a bunch, especially on the line of scrimmage and give Graham the same conditions that Bluefield had coming in for game 1 against Princeton, and I think the Beavers certainly wouldn't be picked to lose.  I'm a G-Men dude, but I am not sold Graham automatically wins over Bluefield, if the two played in game one.  The Beavers are 1 game from being 8-0 on the season.  If the Beavers could pull off the W over Parkersburg, they are undefeated in the regular season.  The others aren't beating them in the regular season by looking at their schedule.

Bluefield benefited tremendously by not having to play Lord Botetourt, Graham, Richlands and Tazewell.  Those would have all been good opponents for Bluefield this season.