So whats the LU victory over Tech.....

BoBob

So what does the Liberty victory over Tech mean for instate recruiting or recruiting in general?

I got to think that win (and being 2-0 in the ACC) is going to swing some recruits into at least putting LU on their "seriously considering" list. 

9 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yep...until freeze leaves which will probably be soon

That could be.  I'm sure schools will be calling. 

LU paying him pretty well though and there is definitely job security there as long as he does nothing to jeopardize it. 

1 hour ago, BoBob said:

So what does the Liberty victory over Tech mean for instate recruiting or recruiting in general?

I got to think that win (and being 2-0 in the ACC) is going to swing some recruits into at least putting LU on their "seriously considering" list. 

Sadly enough (as a Hokie fan), I'm not sure that beating Tech really improves any school's cachet with individual recruits.  The general profiles of recruiting classes for JMU and Old Dominion don't seem to have shifted much.

LU is very much its own thing anyway, and that doesn't seem likely to change.

4 hours ago, BoBob said:

That could be.  I'm sure schools will be calling. 

LU paying him pretty well though and there is definitely job security there as long as he does nothing to jeopardize it. 

I hear SEC will be calling him again...liberty money don't compare to that

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 12:17 PM, BoBob said:

Normally it would mean I would be more into tailgating than actually going to the game.  But, this year, it means I've cancelled my YouTubeTV subscription (the only way for me to watch ACCNetwork) and will spend my Saturdays doing other stuff...until Fu is gone, this shit won't smell any less...

On 11/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

Yep...until freeze leaves which will probably be soon

You say that but, believe it or not, Liberty has the money to compete with SEC schools if they want to.  And don't think they won't try to...they already are wanting in the ACC...

10 hours ago, GMan said:

You say that but, believe it or not, Liberty has the money to compete with SEC schools if they want to.  And don't think they won't try to...they already are wanting in the ACC...

I'm not sure they're near a UGA or Alabama, but Liberty has as much to spend as a place like Miss State for sure.

They really seem to wanna do this, so I think you'll see them in a CUSA or a Sun Belt very soon. If any team could totally lock down VA recruiting (extremely unlikely, I'd say nearly impossible) you could be a top 15 program. There's no reason Liberty can't be as successful as a Marshall on a consistent basis, may be even a program like App State, they have the resources.

On 11/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, GMan said:

It’s not a coincidence they scheduled a bunch of ACC teams.  And they’re proving they can beat ACC teams.  If not for idiotic playcalling, they’d be 3-0.