The whacky WV football playoffs...

GMan

4 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I disagree but that's just me...just looks like way much trouble especially for coaches and AD's....but it is what it is....not a huge Ralphie fan but I think he did right thing at the time...well him and haun...to at least give a chance to play as normal...don't look like that's the case now but at the time it seemed right at least to me

I agree but we are for sure the minority in our beliefs lol

UVA, are you licensed in West-by-God? I have a feeling your services are going to be needed because they are about to legally "arm up" in New Cumberland. With Oak Glenn having a senior laden football team and what they feel is their best shot ever to get a ring, those cats are going to go nuts up there.

5 pm Map just released and it's ugly.  No games will be played at Charleston.  St. Mary's is the Single A State Champion with its win today.  South Charleston is the AAA State Champion, and this............Bluefield vs Fairmont game is the  State Title Game.  The winner is the AA state champion.

3 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

5 pm Map just released.  St. Mary's is the Single A State Champion.  South Charleston is the AAA State Champion, and this Bluefield vs Fairmont game is the defacto State Title Game.  The winner is the state champion.

Why can't they postpone a week and try again

Seems like they are awful quick just to give up.

12 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

5 pm Map just released and it's ugly.  No games will be played at Charleston.  St. Mary's is the Single A State Champion with its win today.  South Charleston is the AAA State Champion, and this............Bluefield vs Fairmont game is the  State Title Game.  The winner is the AA state champion.

As I've said absolute joke....but they got to play right? Lol

33 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Yep.  Agree.  Unless the Governor steps in and changes the policy, this is it.

The policy was that they can't extend the season a couple weeks? That seems crazy to me. If you were gonna play, there's no way you should not have left the option to postpone and try again in a week. Seems insane to me. 

Just now, vtdavis4321 said:

All but over.  Fairmont up 21-12 with 8 minutes left and has the ball at the Beavers 21 with a first down.  Great Season for the Beavers and way to hang in there against a very big and physical football team in Fairmont.

Would Fairmont be the favorite over the other two teams that had their game cancelled?

10 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Would Fairmont be the favorite over the other two teams that had their game cancelled?

They would be favored over Robert C. Byrd.  It would be a pick em with Oak Glenn, which is a school located about as far North in the State of WV as you can go and is actually more North of Pittsburgh (not far from Pittsburgh either-40 miles).  Oak Glenn was favored by 13 points tomorrow over Robert C. Byrd according to Calpreps.   Nothing official, but Calpreps had it 35-22 in favor of Oak Glenn over Robert C. Byrd.  Oak Glenn and Fairmont would be considered a toss up game.  Either team/50/50 game.  Which is why is really sucks if the policy isn't changed.  

Final Score:  Fairmont 21, Bluefield 19.

Beavers down 21-12 with 4 minutes left and Fairmont with the ball inside the Bluefield 20 yd line and fumbles.  Bluefield recovers and goes down the field and scores with about 2 minutes left to make it 21-19.  Bluefield didn't recover the onside kick and Fairmont crabbed 2 first downs running the ball forcing the Beavers to use up their timeouts and time expired.  Heck of a hard fought comeback by the young and gritty Beavers.  

2 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

UVA, are you licensed in West-by-God? I have a feeling your services are going to be needed because they are about to legally "arm up" in New Cumberland. With Oak Glenn having a senior laden football team and what they feel is their best shot ever to get a ring, those cats are going to go nuts up there.

My wife is a teacher in WV.  We have studied and studied the maps vs. the actual statistical data coming out of Charleston, and there is no logical sense that can be made of the color maps.  The data doesn’t match anything put out by WVBOE.  A good attorney with a statistical background could carve the WVSSAC and the WVBOE like a Thanksgiving turkey in court.

Yes, they should sue.  And they should win.

If only I could help.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

My wife is a teacher in WV.  We have studied and studied the maps vs. the actual statistical data coming out of Charleston, and there is no logical sense that can be made of the color maps.  The data doesn’t match anything put out by WVBOE.  A good attorney with a statistical background could carve the WVSSAC and the WVBOE like a Thanksgiving turkey in court.

Yes, they should sue.  And they should win.

If only I could help.

A huge issue I see, is the following.  In AA, Oak Glenn is a higher seed than Fairmont.  In AAA, Cabell Midland is the number one seed ahead of South Charleston (the 2 seed).  That's a problem for WV right there.  If it would have worked out where all that was left, for example........... if Fairmont was the number one seed coming in and South Charleston the number one seed coming in, then maybe the issue isn't as big (I don't know). 

In Single A, St. Mary's, who will be crowned the single A champion was the highest remaining seed and they would have shi* kicked the winner of the other game, which likely would have been Ritchie County.  St. Mary's was the far away best team in Single A and at least WV kind of a** backwards got it right in Single A, but in AA and AAA, it's ugly, or like the Giles Hokie said, it's a joke.   I can't help but feel bad for teams like Bridgeport and Cabell Midland in AAA or Oak Glenn in AA.  Oak Glenn had a bunch of seniors and was just annihilating opponents this year.