Let's go back almost 30 years...

GMan

This is the only Beaver-Graham game I have ever sat on the visitors side. At that time Graham sat on the visitor's side even when they were the home team. They were the home team for this game so I was not doing the P. A. Graham was a heavy favorite and their hearts were torn out when Bluefield won. 

On 11/30/2020 at 7:59 AM, Bluefield researcher said:

This is the only Beaver-Graham game I have ever sat on the visitors side. At that time Graham sat on the visitor's side even when they were the home team. They were the home team for this game so I was not doing the P. A. Graham was a heavy favorite and their hearts were torn out when Bluefield won. 

I thought for sure, for sure Graham would win that game by 3 touchdowns.  Graham at that time had a superstar junior named Brent Surface who is a buddy of mine, and one of the fastest kids to ever don a Graham uniform.  I thought Surface, former Beaver Greg Ridley, and that big jumbo line with All Stater Brian Denham (another buddy of mine) would just be to much for the Beavers.  

Get goosebumps everytime I watch this. Marked the start of a great decade of football for both Bluefields. Does anyone know exactly where it was those two guys were standing in the beginning of the video? They talk about a new shopping plaza being built and was curious if they were talking about the old Walmart and now current Lowes Plaza when it was being built. I've been searching online a long time now for photos of all of that land before anything through there was ever built and it was all still farmland to have for keepsake.

1 hour ago, blfdfan04 said:

Get goosebumps everytime I watch this. Marked the start of a great decade of football for both Bluefields. Does anyone know exactly where it was those two guys were standing in the beginning of the video? They talk about a new shopping plaza being built and was curious if they were talking about the old Walmart and now current Lowes Plaza when it was being built. I've been searching online a long time now for photos of all of that land before anything through there was ever built and it was all still farmland to have for keepsake.

Pretty sure your gut feeling is correct.  Wal-Mart opened in 1992 at its original location (current Lowe’s).  The only picture I have is in my mind’s eye from my youth of that farmland.

1 hour ago, blfdfan04 said:

They are standing on Leatherwood Farms Property, and they are to the South (Mountain Side of 460).  460 would be to their North.  Yes, they are looking down, from the bottom of the mountain/hill in the cow pasture of Leatherwood farms with East River Mountain behind them, and they are looking at the pasture lands where you now have the Physicians Offices directly straight ahead of them.  Slightly, very slightly to their left, but in view is the Lowes/Walmart/McDonalds area of today.  But, if you could draw a straight line from where they are standing, it would bisect the current Outpatient Physicians Offices.

2 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

They are standing on Leatherwood Farms Property, and they are to the South (Mountain Side of 460).  460 would be to their North.  Yes, they are looking down, from the bottom of the mountain/hill in the cow pasture of Leatherwood farms with East River Mountain behind them, and they are looking at the pasture lands where you now have the Physicians Offices directly straight ahead of them.  Slightly, very slightly to their left, but in view is the Lowes/Walmart/McDonalds area of today.  But, if you could draw a straight line from where they are standing, it would bisect the current Outpatient Physicians Offices.

They did most of their shooting from Fincastle Country Club.  I showed them the shot of the two schools...shot starts with BHS and pans down the valley to GHS.  They did that shot from behind #17 tee.  The opening was on the practice putting green,  The shot that starts at 1:38 is behind #17 tee (I was there behind the camera man).  The shot at 2:25 of the train is on Virginia Ave. at the state line (of course) and then on 460 going in the WV, just past Food City.  The shot at 5:43 is the shot that I showed them that pans from school to school.  Those guys stayed at Fincastle playing golf when they weren't out getting video.  They ended up giving me a sweatshirt that they go the week before from Trinity High School in Louisville, KY for all the help when the week was over.