Local College picks

BoBob

So for the mere fact of some football conversation, who you got????

VT vs (4) Clemson

(25) LU vs (14) Coastal Carolina  

ESPN's College Game Day will be broadcast from the campus Coastal Carolina.  Pretty cool for two "smaller" schools (LU & CC) to have that for their game.  These two school were big rivals when they were in the Big South conference together not too long ago. 

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

We have a college forum for these types of posts, and I would encourage it to be moved there.  Nevertheless, Clemson huge and Liberty.

Is there a way for me to move it?

Winds for the Coastal Carolina and Liberty game forecasted at 15 mph with 25 mph gusts and up to 1 inch of rain on Saturday with torrential downpours.  I change my pick on this game in favor of Coastal.  I don't favor Liberty either.  It's a toss up with that weather.    

6 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I thought it was gonna get cancelled? Positive tests for Liberty or something. 

I guess it's up in the air right now.  I know I hear d the QB for LU might be out.

Would be a shame if so being Collège Game Day would be a big deal for both schools.

On a side note I know Marshall is upset with Game Day being there.  There was a big push for Game Day to be at Marshall a few weeks ago to help commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the plane crash that killed 75.  Personally I think that would have been great for Game day to have been there for that.  

Not going to be cancelled.  We will know today by 3 pm if Liberty can play.  If Liberty can not play, Brigham Young will be coming to Conway to play the Chants.  If this happens, it will be a matchup of 2 top 15 schools and the Gameday crew will have a solid matchup.  Liberty would also be a solid matchup, but the winner of the Coastal vs BYU game will be in the Super Six for sure.

Tickets are anywhere from 480 bucks to 1000 bucks for one ticket.  Average right now is 675 dollars for 1 ticket.  Now, is this insane or what?  Coastal Carolina is allowing 5,000 to be inside the stadium.   Last of all, the BYU football team is landing at 3 pm, and I got lucky.  The local stake center here in Myrtle Beach are feeding the team this evening and I get to go.  In LDS, a "ward" is a church, and a "stake" is basically a group of churches/region headquarters.  The "stake" will have a large center inside of it for meetings, dinners, etc.  Based on the short notice, local members were asked to help with the food and my wife volunteered as she loves to cook.  It's going to be a fun evening and weekend.

58 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Tickets are anywhere from 480 bucks to 1000 bucks for one ticket.  Average right now is 675 dollars for 1 ticket.  Now, is this insane or what?  Coastal Carolina is allowing 5,000 to be inside the stadium.   Last of all, the BYU football team is landing at 3 pm, and I got lucky.  The local stake center here in Myrtle Beach are feeding the team this evening and I get to go.  In LDS, a "ward" is a church, and a "stake" is basically a group of churches/region headquarters.  The "stake" will have a large center inside of it for meetings, dinners, etc.  Based on the short notice, local members were asked to help with the food and my wife volunteered as she loves to cook.  It's going to be a fun evening and weekend.

That's awesome!