Coolest College Team Names

swva_havok_fan

Seeing that Liberty and Coastal Carolina thread made me want to start a thread about what is the coolest college team name?

Coastal is certainly right up there with the Chanticleers.  But who else?  As far as schools that are fairly close by, what about Lincoln Memorial?  Love the name Railsplitters.

Wake Forest Demon Deacons!  Interesting for a school founded in 1834 by Baptists.  Until 1986, Board members were required to also be members of the North Carolina State Baptist Convention.  

The following is clipped from Wikipedia.

In 1923, the Wake Forest football team defeated rival Trinity (later renamed Duke University). In the following issue of the school newspaper, the editor of the paper, Mayon Parker (1924 Wake Forest graduate), first referred to the team as "Demon Deacons," in recognition of what he called their "devilish" play and fighting spirit. Henry Belk, Wake Forest's news director, and Garrity liked the title and used it often, so the popularity of the term grew.

23 hours ago, Canes00 said:

Coming from someone who ran a pickem all season and decides to stop in the semi final round what a joke that is

The way things were/are this year with covid...just be glad there was any pickem at all.  If you want to run it next year, volunteer to do it.  Not meaning to be an ass towards you, but when Ryan left the building, there wasn't going to be a pickem at all until havok stepped up.  If you want to do it next year, it's yours. 

20 minutes ago, GMan said:

The way things were/are this year with covid...just be glad there was any pickem at all.  If you want to run it next year, volunteer to do it.  Not meaning to be an ass towards you, but when Ryan left the building, there wasn't going to be a pickem at all until havok stepped up.  If you want to do it next year, it's yours. 

I’ll be glad to do it no problem 

On 12/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, Canes00 said:

Coming from someone who ran a pickem all season and decides to stop in the semi final round what a joke that is

Who said I stopped?

You do realize that one of the games that was in this week's chosen picks is being played right now as I type this, right?

And yes, I did not post what everyone picked this week because of something called work.  

• 1 year later...