Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BoBob

What would have been

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Chancellor Harris is nowhere close to the level of Adkins as a RB.  From balance to vision to strength, and again, vision and natural instinct to find the hole, Adkins is on a completely different level.  If he were on the same level, Harris would have had P5 offers just like Adkins, yet he doesn't; therefore, the recruiters feel Adkins is far and away a better RB.  That's not to say Harris isn't a stud because he is, but he's not an Adkins.  There's a difference.  I agree on Jordan.  He imo is equally as valuable as a High School Player as Adkins because of his prowess on both sides of the football.

I think that reasonable minds can differ, so I don’t think that it’s “nowhere close”.  Chancellor’s injury artificially capped the attention he was set to receive from colleges.  Nevertheless, he’s still going to an FCS school on a full ride (Morehead State).  In a situation where there’s been a devastating injury, it’s not a fair comparison to trot out “college prospects” to discuss ability.

 

I’d love to see some film that shows Adkins’s sense of field vision.  In what I’ve seen, that’s literally the worst part of his game.  He’s got Division I measurables that set him apart, but I’ve not him use them in any other way than simply being able to be more genetically gifted than his opposition.  That usually doesn’t translate well to the collegiate level.  I’ve thought all along that he translates better to being on the defensive side of the ball in terms of collegiate prospects.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Just now, UVAObserver said:

I think that reasonable minds can differ, so I don’t think that it’s “nowhere close”.  Chancellor’s injury artificially capped the attention he was set to receive from colleges.  Nevertheless, he’s still going to an FCS school on a full ride (Morehead State).  In a situation where there’s been a devastating injury, it’s not a fair comparison to trot out “college prospects” to discuss ability.

 

I’d love to see some film that shows Adkins’s sense of field vision.  In what I’ve seen, that’s literally the worst part of his game.  He’s got Division I measurables that set him apart, but I’ve not him use them in any other way than simply being able to be more genetically gifted than his opposition.  That usually doesn’t translate well to the collegiate level.  I’ve thought all along that he translates better to being on the defensive side of the ball in terms of collegiate prospects.  

 

 

Reasonable minds can differ and I define "nowhere close" as the following.  One guy has major P5 offers and the other doesn't have any.  To me, when we talk about levels of play in football, national TV, NFL looks, "nowhere close" applies here when considering a P5 school vs Emory and Henry.  Now, I know Adkins has committed to Toledo, but he could have been a Vol or Hokie, but chose Toledo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
14 hours ago, BigWinners said:

No, they won't. That's simply not true. Tell me what two THS or RHS players better than Adkins. You can't because they don't exist.

When I said those 3 teams, I meant Graham, Tazewell and Richlands.  I should have said 4 including Ridgeview.  

Brody Meadows a rising junior is a 4 Star recruit according to 247 sports and ranked #30 in the Nation at OT.  He has multiple D1 offers most notably Arizona State, Purdue, Tennessee.

Xay Bradshaw is a 3 star recruit, rising Junior at the athlete position and is about to explode on the recruiting scene already getting offers from Purdue, Kansas, Arizona State and others.

Chance Harris just committed to Moorehead State after playing in only 3 games last season before a devastating knee  injury.  His talent was obvious in the short time watching him play.  I'm sure his stock would have gone up.

Others mentioned like Josiah Jordan and Sage Webb are among the top players in the area too.  

Most importantly all of these kids mentioned are good kids both on and off of the field as Im sure Atkins is too.  

Josh Herndon (THS Lineman)is one the top players in the area too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

When I said those 3 teams, I meant Graham, Tazewell and Richlands.  I should have said 4 including Ridgeview.  

Brody Meadows a rising junior is a 4 Star recruit according to 247 sports and ranked #30 in the Nation at OT.  He has multiple D1 offers most notably Arizona State, Purdue, Tennessee.

Xay Bradshaw is a 3 star recruit, rising Junior at the athlete position and is about to explode on the recruiting scene already getting offers from Purdue, Kansas, Arizona State and others.

Chance Harris just committed to Moorehead State after playing in only 3 games last season before a devastating knee  injury.  His talent was obvious in the short time watching him play.  I'm sure his stock would have gone up.

Others mentioned like Josiah Jordan and Sage Webb are among the top players in the area too.  

Most importantly all of these kids mentioned are good kids both on and off of the field as Im sure Atkins is too.  

Josh Herndon (THS Lineman)is one the top players in the area too.

 

I know Graham has legit talent, I was referring to Richlands a and Tazwell.

 

Meadows is the best around. But if RV plays Tazwell or Richlands, RV will have best player on the field. Against Graham, Adkins would be 2nd or 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

When I said those 3 teams, I meant Graham, Tazewell and Richlands.  I should have said 4 including Ridgeview.  

Brody Meadows a rising junior is a 4 Star recruit according to 247 sports and ranked #30 in the Nation at OT.  He has multiple D1 offers most notably Arizona State, Purdue, Tennessee.

Xay Bradshaw is a 3 star recruit, rising Junior at the athlete position and is about to explode on the recruiting scene already getting offers from Purdue, Kansas, Arizona State and others.

Chance Harris just committed to Moorehead State after playing in only 3 games last season before a devastating knee  injury.  His talent was obvious in the short time watching him play.  I'm sure his stock would have gone up.

Others mentioned like Josiah Jordan and Sage Webb are among the top players in the area too.  

Most importantly all of these kids mentioned are good kids both on and off of the field as Im sure Atkins is too.  

Josh Herndon (THS Lineman)is one the top players in the area too.

 

Guarantee you that Sage has at least 1 P5 offer by August. He can play slot imo at a major FBS level. Kids a freak athletic talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

I know Graham has legit talent, I was referring to Richlands a and Tazwell.

 

Meadows is the best around. But if RV plays Tazwell or Richlands, RV will have best player on the field. Against Graham, Adkins would be 2nd or 3rd.

I agree.  If Xay Bradshaw gets to showcase his talents this season, I think he may convince a lot of folks that he may be deserving of the #1 spot.  He has a ton of potential.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
23 hours ago, BigWinners said:

What has either team shown to say they're better? Tazwell is always hyped but never seems to liven up to it. RV will have best player on field between the three teams and I'll take that. We will see. 

Your exactly right on this one, to pick Tazewell and Richlands over Union and Ridgeview is a stretch.  Union has dominated Richlands of late and Tazewell hasn't done anything in years.  I'm thinking someone is messing with you, I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 12/10/2020 at 3:43 PM, goose111874 said:

Your exactly right on this one, to pick Tazewell and Richlands over Union and Ridgeview is a stretch.  Union has dominated Richlands of late and Tazewell hasn't done anything in years.  I'm thinking someone is messing with you, I hope.

When we talk about Tazewell being contenders this year, we are not making it up. This a senior loaded team, all of who has started since day 1 as a freshman. Now against Richlands/Graham it mental thing that Tazewell has to overcome. I'm not saying Tazewell is better than Richlands or Graham, but what I'm saying is mentally Tazewell is beat before they get off the bus against these two schools. If they can stay heatedly I honestly believe they can make a deep run into the playoffs. But the main key is we have to beat both Graham and Richlands not once but twice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
59 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

When we talk about Tazewell being contenders this year, we are not making it up. This a senior loaded team, all of who has started since day 1 as a freshman. Now against Richlands/Graham it mental thing that Tazewell has to overcome. I'm not saying Tazewell is better than Richlands or Graham, but what I'm saying is mentally Tazewell is beat before they get off the bus against these two schools. If they can stay heatedly I honestly believe they can make a deep run into the playoffs. But the main key is we have to beat both Graham and Richlands not once but twice!

I'm not even doubting Tazwell will be good. But to suggest that Adkins would be the third or fourth best player on the field if Tazwell or Richlands met was crazy to me. 

I actually believe Tazwell could be the SWDs best team, but in terms of singular talent, Adkins is never gonna be lower than second or third best player in any Region D game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
On 12/10/2020 at 1:27 PM, vtdavis4321 said:

Reasonable minds can differ and I define "nowhere close" as the following.  One guy has major P5 offers and the other doesn't have any.  To me, when we talk about levels of play in football, national TV, NFL looks, "nowhere close" applies here when considering a P5 school vs Emory and Henry.  Now, I know Adkins has committed to Toledo, but he could have been a Vol or Hokie, but chose Toledo.

 

This is not a knock on Trenton, but if he could have been a Vol or Hokie, he would be a Vol or Hokie.  If he could have been Mountaineer, he would be a Mountaineer!  There is a big difference in an offer and a commitable offer.  Adkins was hurt from not playing this fall for sure.  I don't think he will be a RB at Toledo, I think his measurables help him, and he will end up on the defensive side of the ball.  Harris is a kid that suffered a horrible injury, and he does have good talent, but is more of an FBS level player.  One thing Harris will do is outwork the next guy.  It will be fun to have this discussion again in a couple years!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
11 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

This is not a knock on Trenton, but if he could have been a Vol or Hokie, he would be a Vol or Hokie.  If he could have been Mountaineer, he would be a Mountaineer!  There is a big difference in an offer and a commitable offer.  Adkins was hurt from not playing this fall for sure.  I don't think he will be a RB at Toledo, I think his measurables help him, and he will end up on the defensive side of the ball.  Harris is a kid that suffered a horrible injury, and he does have good talent, but is more of an FBS level player.  One thing Harris will do is outwork the next guy.  It will be fun to have this discussion again in a couple years!

 

Or, the bigger P5 schools wanted him to switch positions and Toledo told him he could have a shot at RB. 

 

I don't know the situation and I don't have an answer, but there are times where a kid picks a 'lesser' school because they said he could play the position he wants. 

and it's not like either UT or WVU are exactly tearing it up right now, playing in the SEC is different from playing in the MAC but Toledo is prob a more solid situation than the mess surrounding UT right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 12/14/2020 at 2:28 PM, Bulldogs52 said:

When we talk about Tazewell being contenders this year, we are not making it up. This a senior loaded team, all of who has started since day 1 as a freshman. Now against Richlands/Graham it mental thing that Tazewell has to overcome. I'm not saying Tazewell is better than Richlands or Graham, but what I'm saying is mentally Tazewell is beat before they get off the bus against these two schools. If they can stay heatedly I honestly believe they can make a deep run into the playoffs. But the main key is we have to beat both Graham and Richlands not once but twice!

I'm not counting them out it's just strange how everyone has forgotten about Union

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
On 12/8/2020 at 12:27 PM, UVAObserver said:

 In any other year, the Top 4 in the Region D Playoffs would be some combination of Central, Graham, Tazewell, and Richlands.  Those 4 are a clear notch above than the rest of the region. 
 

 

Wow.  You know, based on this history of Union and what they have done to Richlands of recent, and not picking or even giving them consideration as being a top 4 team in the Region, I automatically deduct 30 IQ points from anyone making such a claim.  I'm beginning to wonder if you actually watch Region D football.   To actually make the statement as you did listed above may be the most asinine pick, or least the most asinine level of disrespect towards Union that I've read on the board this year.......and it's Dec 31st (that's a lot of year). 

Fact is, based on their history, based on having the upper hand with Richlands of recent, based on beating Graham as recent as last year, there is no way in hades a reasonable human being that watches and half way understands Region D football would make such a statement that not only leaves Union out of the top 4 in Region, but states the other 4 are a clear notch above.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Wow.  You know, based on this history of Union and what they have done to Richlands of recent, and not picking or even giving them consideration as being a top 4 team in the Region, I automatically deduct 30 IQ points from anyone making such a claim.  I'm beginning to wonder if you actually watch Region D football.   To actually make the statement as you did listed above may be the most asinine pick, or least the most asinine level of disrespect towards Union that I've read on the board this year.......and it's Dec 31st (that's a lot of year). 

Fact is, based on their history, based on having the upper hand with Richlands of recent, based on beating Graham as recent as last year, there is no way in hades a reasonable human being that watches and half way understands Region D football would make such a statement that not only leaves Union out of the top 4 in Region, but states the other 4 are a clear notch above.  

He blocked you I think...you are wasting your time haha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
58 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

He blocked you I think...you are wasting your time haha

 

I'm glad you agree with the point Hokiebird7.  I notice you didn't disagree, and the post was directed at him.  It was directed at the idiotic statement that anyone can clearly see.  Not picking Union in the top 4 and saying the others were clearly a notch above, that's insanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

I'm glad you agree with the point Hokiebird7.  I notice you didn't disagree, and the post was directed at him.  It was directed at the idiotic statement that anyone can clearly see.  Not picking Union in the top 4 and saying the others were clearly a notch above, that's insanity.

Blah blah blah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...