Price Kollie

SXSW

I just wanted to give a shout out to Prince Kollie. The Davy Crockett senior won the Butkus Award for the best linebacker in high school football, he tallied 109 tackles on defense and ran for 1,562 yards and 26 TD's on offence. Kollie also won the 5A Mr. Football Award given by the Tennessee Titans. Congratulations to a great local product and Notre Dame signee, I will enjoy watching him for the next few years on NBC.. 

On 12/23/2020 at 2:14 PM, BigWinners said:

He s a monster. ND wants him to play LB, right?

And is he Catholic? Just curious why he picked ND.

Don't have to be Catholic to go to Notre Dame, especially if you are an athlete. 

2 hours ago, GMan said:

Don't have to be Catholic to go to Notre Dame, especially if you are an athlete. 

ND takes anyone if they're talented enough (as do most P5 schools) but I was just curious why he chose ND. Julius Jones went to ND and I don't believe they're Catholic.

45 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

ND takes anyone if they're talented enough (as do most P5 schools) but I was just curious why he chose ND. Julius Jones went to ND and I don't believe they're Catholic.

You are right...if you can play ANY SCHOOL in America will find a way to get you in

As GMan wrote, you don't have to be Catholic to attend Notre Dame as a student, athlete or not.  Notre Dame has always hovered about 15% non Catholic and when counting the graduate school, up to 20% non Catholic.  You also do NOT have to attend Catholic Mass weekly.   With around or just under 9,000 undergrads, Notre Dame is prestigious enough to be very selective and only admit a small percentage of non-Catholics like 5% or 1%.  It's historically been this way around 85% due to missionary efforts/potential for gaining Catholic Church Members according to what Catholics have told me over the years.

BYU is similar to Notre Dame in that you don't have to be LDS to attend BYU and if you attend BYU, you do NOT have to attend Church services weekly.  You do have to comply with the honor code.  BYU has been around 98 to 99% LDS largely not by choice.  The amount of non-LDS applications is incredibly, incredibly low.  The acceptance rate hovers in the mid 60's for LDS students, but hovers around 65% for non-LDS.  I know there is a perception that African-Americans are largely not Mormons and statistically, I imagine that's true, but that perception often carries over to fans across the country seeing many black kids on the BYU football team and many thinking, those kids aren't Mormon.  I have been told this.  The fact is, they overwhelmingly are LDS Church Members who were not just converts, but were born and raised in the Church.