B-ball Standings/Results

Burrall’s Pearls

So it’s Richlands vs Tazewell tomorrow for the 3 seed in the SWD. 

Region 2D will be:

Lee at Graham

Ridgeview at Marion

Richlands/Tazewell at Gate City

Tazewell/Richlands at Union

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I have seen that only the region winners in basketball are advancing this season.  I have also seen that the D/C semifinal winner is hosting the A/B winner in the finals.  I would think that the girls championship for sure will be in deep SWVA and the boys should be as well with whoever wins between Radford/Union/Graham.

On 2/3/2021 at 9:47 AM, Real Sasquatch said:

Oh, I see.  I must have mis-interpreted what I heard.  I was told that Graham would be home in the district and regionals.  I must have assumed they would be hosting both.

As long as Graham continues to win, they will be at home.  Since it was the Southwest District's turn to host the tournament, the SW #1 would host M7 #1 if they both advance to the finals.

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

How does M7 and SW differ on the girls side? I know Marion is undefeated but is that because SW may be weaker or are they the best team in the region?

The M7 is stronger and much deeper there, as is tradition.  I think Gate City and Ridgeview both are better teams, but Marion’s good enough to make it competitive.  I would be surprised if it were anything but an M7 showdown in the 2D Finals. 

The Virginia High over Central was a moderate upset, IMO.  

3 hours ago, Jags52 said:

How does M7 and SW differ on the girls side? I know Marion is undefeated but is that because SW may be weaker or are they the best team in the region?

M7 is better as a whole. I think it'll be Marion vs Gate City in the championship. Marion/Ridgeview will be close but I think Marion has the best player in the region so I give them the nod.

That Kimberlin girl can flat out play. She's a playmaker and can do everything.

Ridgeview has a 6'0 girl Sutherland that is very very skilled. Marion has a big that I think will hold her at bay though.

Marion also returns everyone, I believe, next year so look out for them next year.

As for the other game. Gate City. Yeah, they'll win.

4 minutes ago, -oo- said:

M7 is better as a whole. I think it'll be Marion vs Gate City in the championship. Marion/Ridgeview will be close but I think Marion has the best player in the region so I give them the nod.

Ridgeview has a 6'0 girl Sutherland that is very very skilled. Marion has a big that I think will hold her at bay though.

Marion also returns everyone, I believe, next year so look out for them next year.

Thanks for the insight. Marion girls are very talented as a whole right now. 

The Kimberlin girl is a stud in soccer as well if she wants to she can pick where she wants to play at the next level. 

I like Marions chances moving forward this bunch has been playing together on varsity for since their freshman year I know they lose to older Moss kid (brother was a great wrestler and football play and little sis can ball too) I am not sure who else they lose next year besides that. I hope they continue to advance I just do not really know the first thing about basketball honestly its just not my sport.

4 hours ago, -oo- said:

The best player in 2D is Sarah Thompson from GC, the ETSU signee.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:05 PM, RCITYHOO said:

We waiting on you all up here in Radford bring your best cause you gonna need it.

Win your region first, then talk.  But I do believe Radford is the team to beat this year.  I'm sure it will be a challenge for anyone coming out of Region D, IF they play.

5 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Union 86, Richlands 33 Final.

Tazewell beat Richlands by 30, last game of the regular season.  I expected Richlands to compete better in that game.  Can't say that I'm not surprised by this score, hopefully they can re-group and come back stronger next season.