B-ball Standings/Results

Burrall’s Pearls

48 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Surprised this game was this close.  Marion has improved throughout the season, however.

Large gap in the region. It’s Union and Graham — and then a big step back to GC — and then an entire mile back to the rest of the region.  

25 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Off topic a little, but in D-2 Region A the teams in the regional playoffs have a combined record of 5-23.  Wow.  Also, only 5 teams in that region actually playing basketball in 2A.

Amelia (0-6)

Bruton (0-5)

King William (2-2)

Windsor (0-5)

Poquoson (3-5)

East Rock will win that semi by 60+

15 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

East Rock will win that semi by 60+

The only real intrigue in these playoffs is who comes out of Region D.  

East Rock’s got that half virtually sewn up.  It would take a minor miracle for Region D’s representative to beat Radford.  Radford’s significantly better than East Rock.

23 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The only real intrigue in these playoffs is who comes out of Region D.  

East Rock’s got that half virtually sewn up.  It would take a minor miracle for Region D’s representative to beat Radford.  Radford’s significantly better than East Rock.

Radford ia the real deal.

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Large gap in the region. It’s Union and Graham — and then a big step back to GC — and then an entire mile back to the rest of the region.  

The gap is nowhere near as large as you're insinuating at this point. Union did not blow GC out in the last meeting, it was a relatively tight game. 

GC is not an easy out for anyone at this point.

16 hours ago, BigWinners said:

The best player in 2D is Sarah Thompson from GC, the ETSU signee.

Ok gotcha. I haven't seen them play. I'll tune in tonight. Is she a senior?

I know Kimberlin is only a junior. I anticipate her going somewhere if she wants to play basketball in college.

4 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

I for one wouldn't be surprised if GC beat Graham.

I would.  First, Graham’s just more athletic and talented.  Second, Graham’s a matchup problem for GC across the board from what I’ve seen.  Anything can happen with 15-18 year olds, but it would be a shock and rightly so.

GC/Graham should be a 15-20 point game. A lot will depend on how much the officials let go. GC will need to muck it up and the officials usually let more go in postseason. If fouls are called and GC isn’t allowed to hand check/body Graham all over the floor it won’t be close. 

RV I think has more talent. GC doesn’t have an athlete like Adkins nor a basketball player like Brown. 

20 minutes ago, Burrall’s Pearls said:

GC/Graham should be a 15-20 point game. A lot will depend on how much the officials let go. GC will need to muck it up and the officials usually let more go in postseason. If fouls are called and GC isn’t allowed to hand check/body Graham all over the floor it won’t be close. 

RV I think has more talent. GC doesn’t have an athlete like Adkins nor a basketball player like Brown. 

I think the Reed kid, while not a true basketball player, is about as good an athlete as any kid in the area 

9 hours ago, -oo- said:

Ok gotcha. I haven't seen them play. I'll tune in tonight. Is she a senior?

I know Kimberlin is only a junior. I anticipate her going somewhere if she wants to play basketball in college.

Yes she's a senior. 

Sarah Thompson is definitely the best player in the region haha. She was moving at a different speed than everyone else. 
It was a fun game to watch. Very physical. Couple technicals. Very competitive. 

16 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Because we’re about 2 degrees away from all the water on those roads freezing.  I think they really could have played it, but it’s justifiable not to.  Forecast is a little better tomorrow, and it’s just 1 day.

I just got home (BSG) from St Paul and had zero issues, but I understand safety first.