B-ball Standings/Results

Burrall’s Pearls

FINAL, Class 2 SF: East Rockingham 85, King William 60. Tyler Nickel drops 37 points and Kyle Evick adds 17 as Eagles cruise to their second appearance in the

Class 2 state championship game. East Rock will face the winner of Radford-Union for the title. #DNRBKB

great state

Losing Campbell was a big blow to Burton.  Hes a kid who can go off for 30 at any moment.  To me Culbertson was the key to that team but Campbell was a great compliment.  Great season for Burton.  I was hoping they would win it because it may show that the Cumberland was one of the toughest 1A districts in the state this year.  Burton, TS, RC and Eastside were all solid.  TW even came on at the end of the season to challenge each.

16 hours ago, trublue said:

FINAL, Class 2 SF: East Rockingham 85, King William 60. Tyler Nickel drops 37 points and Kyle Evick adds 17 as Eagles cruise to their second appearance in the

Class 2 state championship game. East Rock will face the winner of Radford-Union for the title. #DNRBKB

great state

When os Radford-Union?

46 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Supposed to be Friday but Radford may decide the weather could possibly may be get bad and decide to push it again. 

Better safe than sorry...and in radford's defense it was starting to get bad by 10:00-10:30...so by the time they got home it would have been after that....I'm not a Radford fan at all but I doubt they are scared or dodging anyone in basketball

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Yes, I’m sure little ol’ Radford is ducking the big, bad, 1986 Celtics lookalikes called Union.  That’s absurd.

Did I say that?

I'm implying they're trying to assert their dominance psychologically and trying to bully and push Union around. Basically the exact opposite of what you said. You just keep on being wrong. Your wrong streak is reaching epic porortions. 

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Better safe than sorry...and in radford's defense it was starting to get bad by 10:00-10:30...so by the time they got home it would have been after that....I'm not a Radford fan at all but I doubt they are scared or dodging anyone in basketball

So push the game to after the weather hits? They're trying to play the state title game Sunday. As of now, the winner of the semi has all of one day to prepare but I'm also confident if Radford wins they won't play Sunday. Union would have to, if they win, but Radford? Doubtful.

you guys are acting like I'm implying Radford is dodging anyone. False. Read my posts in the other thread, a Union fan called me out for being too pessimistic. You may have not saw the posts that's fine, the other person most certainly did and still decided to pretend that's the point I was making. I'm implying Radford was using their considerable power to decide when the game gets played. 

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

So push the game to after the weather hits? They're trying to play the state title game Sunday. As of now, the winner of the semi has all of one day to prepare but I'm also confident if Radford wins they won't play Sunday. Union would have to, if they win, but Radford? Doubtful.

you guys are acting like I'm implying Radford is dodging anyone. False. Read my posts in the other thread, a Union fan called me out for being too pessimistic. You may have not saw the posts that's fine, the other person most certainly did and still decided to pretend that's the point I was making. I'm implying Radford was using their considerable power to decide when the game gets played. 

As I said at 10:00-10:30 the weather was starting to get bad in pearisburg and I'm sure Radford too...by the time they get back home it's past 10:30....as I said better safe than sorry...it's a game....those roads could have made something worse happen....for a basketball game that can and was easily moved to another day

Just now, Hokiebird7 said:

As I said at 10:00-10:30 the weather was starting to get bad in pearisburg and I'm sure Radford too...by the time they get back home it's past 10:30....as I said better safe than sorry...it's a game....those roads could have made something worse happen....for a basketball game that can and was easily moved to another day

Okay man whatever you say. Guess it's all gonna magically be fixed by tomorrow. 

If I thought it was a serious hazard, I get it, move the game. But to me what made the most sense was move the game up an hour or two and play and get Radford home by 10pm or so. 

11 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Jesus dude

So it makes more sense to play after a storm as opposed to before? I guess I'm not illustrating my point very well. 

My point has been pushing the game to Friday, after the storm hits and the temperature drops, seems less logical than to get the game in, maybe earlier Wednesday, and then let the storm hit. I can't find the most accurate weather history maps, this one keeps going from Radford to Roanoke, says precipitation didn't start in Roanoke until after 1am. So in the hour or so between the two places, seems like the weather would start, not at its worst but simply start to rain/snow, at 11pm-midnight. 

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/va/radford/KROA/date/2021-2-18

I expect Radford to win. Never once implied or stated otherwise. My entire point was it did not make sense to me to try and play the game in the immediate aftermath of a storm as opposed to before the storm. All indications were the weather would start to get bad in Radford around midnight on Wed. To me what made the most sense was to attempt to get Radford home by midnight, but I guess I'm wrong. Not the first time, won't be the last. I'm wrong.

23 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

So it makes more sense to play after a storm as opposed to before? I guess I'm not illustrating my point very well. 

My point has been pushing the game to Friday, after the storm hits and the temperature drops, seems less logical than to get the game in, maybe earlier Wednesday, and then let the storm hit. I can't find the most accurate weather history maps, this one keeps going from Radford to Roanoke, says precipitation didn't start in Roanoke until after 1am. So in the hour or so between the two places, seems like the weather would start, not at its worst but simply start to rain/snow, at 11pm-midnight. 

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/va/radford/KROA/date/2021-2-18

My point is why take a chance on the roads since nobody knows exactly when it's gonna start...easy to say after the fact...storm is over now and roads are fine to play tomorrow...you will get a game tomorrow

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

My point is why take a chance on the roads since nobody knows exactly when it's gonna start...easy to say after the fact...storm is over now and roads are fine to play tomorrow...you will get a game tomorrow

parry mcclure and glenvar made the trip so why couldnt radford

23 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

It was the right call if the roads were clear today and it was all cleared up. Since they were, I was wrong. I believe they would have been fine Wed, to me it made more sense to try and beat the storm as opposed to waiting and hoping but it cleared up and everything worked out.

VHSL Class 1 Girls State
BASKETBALL

Semifinals Final: George Wythe 47 Honaker 53 The Lady Tigers advance to the VHSL Class 1 State Championship and will play Riverheads at A.P. Baldwin Gymnasium on 3:00 pm Sunday. #hhs #tigers

great sate

First time since 2015 there will be four basketball teams from Far Southwest Virginia in the #VHSL Finals: Honaker (Boys) were runner-up, Wise County Central (Girls) won it & Clintwood -- playing its final game -- beat Twin Valley (Girls) for the title in '15. #VHSL #HCBB #HCBG

great state