B-ball Standings/Results

Burrall’s Pearls

35 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Tons of credit to Gate City on the upset.  The Devils adapted well to the pace and flow of the game, and Graham couldn’t match it.  The shooting was virtually even (GC: 18-42, Graham: 19-41), but fouls and free throws were the difference.  Graham didn’t appear to have a “Plan B” to throttle back the pressure to avoid the fouls, and when your opponent is shooting 1-and-1s in the 3rd quarter, FTs can make a game snowball in a hurry.

Graham did virtually this same thing to a team considered untouchable 3 years ago, and tonight it came full circle.  Basketball’s a screwy game.  🤣

You're comparing this Graham team to the Mac GC team that won a state title and had already clinched berth in state tourney?

If you would have just came on, ate a little crow, admitted Graham wasn't quite as good and GC was better than you thought, I would not rub it in. But it seems like you're still trying to downplay the M7 and play up Graham instead of recognizing the M7 is considerably better than SWD this year

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

If you would have just came on, ate a little crow, admitted Graham wasn't quite as good and GC was better than you thought, I would not rub it in. But it seems like you're still trying to downplay the M7 and play up Graham instead of recognizing the M7 is considerably better than SWD this year

The top of the M7 is definitely much better than the top of the SWD, but I think the reality is that outside of Union, Graham, GC (and Abingdon I guess but they are 3A) the rest of Region 2D is all just mediocre. Richlands spanked Battle and I’m pretty sure that 2-6 in the SWD and 4-7 in the M7 would all just beat up on each other given the night.  I do think Ridgeview is clearly the next best team, but the way that Marion hung in with them tells me that they would probably drop a game somewhere.  

On 2/13/2021 at 1:18 AM, BigWinners said:

Two years in a row that the SWD #1 suffered a 20-point loss to a M7 #2 team in the region semi-finals. 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Please elaborate as to why that’s not 3.

What does that have to do with anything? You talked an awful lot about this year but now you're moving the goalposts. You made it seem like we were all so wrong about the M7 this year but it turns out, Tigerman was 100% correct. 

Abingdon will be playing Hopewell HS next Saturday at home for state championship

1st time playing for state championship since 1965

Scoring Abingdon

Thacker  22

Ramsey 14 (11 rebounds)

Hungate 20 

Scoring Liberty CA

Smith 18

Holmes 16

Leftwich 19