Trump folded

redtiger

4 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

I love bacon but there was too much pork like usual.

$10M to Pakistan for “gender studies”.  Would have been better to buy 10M Powerball tickets.

On 12/28/2020 at 11:58 AM, redtiger said:

Trump folded, like most that go to DC. All he did was delay the bill and ask that Congress make revisions.  They don't have to. Pathetic and for some reason I expected better 

That bill also contained provisions that extended COVID-19 relief funding through December 31, 2021, which was crucial and essential for state and local governments.  He would have been drawn and quartered by both parties had he desk vetoed it.  Trump had no leverage, and honestly worked it about as well as he could.  He’s got the Democrats in line for the increased stimulus payments, and there will be enough crossover in the Senate to get that through.  He made chicken salad out of chicken s*** there.

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

Agreed with the other provisions it had to pass.  I just wish the BS stuff could have been pulled and the Ds would have actually attempted to.  I do want the Asian Carp money to be distributed though as someone who likes to fish.  Invasive bastards.

Republicans loaded a bunch of the 2000s-era defense spending bills with massive amounts of bacon.  Unfortunately it’s not been contained to “their” side.

Asian carp are a heartbreaking tale of invasive species crippling an ecosystem.  Short of dredging lakes and rivers beyond recognition over the next 50 years, I have no clue how to eliminate them without nuking the whole biome.

19 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Asian carp are a heartbreaking tale of invasive species crippling an ecosystem.  Short of dredging lakes and rivers beyond recognition over the next 50 years, I have no clue how to eliminate them without nuking the whole biome.

Analogous to the Communist Chinese Government.  An invasive species of which is crippling our system.  I also, have no clue how to eliminate the Chinese Communist Government without nuking the Communist Party Headquarters in China.

Trump had nothing to lose by vetoing the bill. Take a stand, speak plainly "this bill is bs because _____, _______, ______, etc and when a plain stimulus package comes to my desk I will sign it". Id have respected him for that. The thing that bothers me most about Trumps move is that he's selling it as though he forced Congress to do something when he didn't. I've seen way too many people talking about how he did a line item Veto or something similar. So much misinformation and ignorance.

The spending bill portion is trash like always, people are just paying attention now and see it. I still see too many people blaming one side or the other, both are culpable.