2021 Bluefield football schedule

Bluefield researcher

Now that is a good looking schedule.  Graham, much improved Princeton, Pulaski and Dixon who is only going to have that program rolling in short time, Richlands, Tazewell, Ridgeview, and Mingo Central.   There are 7 good schools on that schedule, assuming Beckley remains in the dumps.  Way to much talent at Beckley to only have won about 5 games in three years.  It's beyond belief to me.

With the schedule the Beavers play, they are going to be battle tested come playoff time.  With what Bluefield returns, the Beaver fans have to feel good about the chances of not just making a deep run, but finishing it.  Graham's schedule will also be tough.  I don't know the full schedule yet.  I am talking about the fall, not this coming spring, but in the fall, I think Bluefield Researcher mentioned Graham picked up George Wythe and Blacksburg, and dropped Fort Chiswell and Princeton.  So, for the fall, the GMen I know have Bluefield, Richlands, Blacksburg, George Wythe, Tazewell, and I am not sure if we play Union again.  If we do, that's 6 very solid opponents.

P.S.  I think Tazewell's senior laden football team is seniors this year.......as in.....this spring.  If I'm not mistaken, the Dogs lose a bunch with graduation this spring and they may not/should not be quite as good this coming fall.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, Bluefield researcher said:

Talked to the staff at Bluefield today and they said that it was Ridgeview that reached out to Bluefield to see if they could arrange a game.

I guess they were tired of everyone making fun of their weak non-district schedule...

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

A wee bit tougher than Jenkins and Shelby Valley, KY!

Shelby Valley was a great team to play for power points a AA team that was 9-1 and 8-2 the last two years RV played them there is no doubt that Richlands will be a better team year in and year out but SV will consistently get you more Power points for a win

Pikeville and Bluefield are a wash Bluefield is AA and one is about as good as the other (If Pikeville keeps fielding teams like 2019

I think replacing Honaker with Grundy is a good move as I think Grundy will win the BDD and end up with 7 wins

Keeping Burton is they are the class of the Cumberland and depending on there out of conference schedule will be good for a ton of points

8 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

With the schedule the Beavers play, they are going to be battle tested come playoff time.  With what Bluefield returns, the Beaver fans have to feel good about the chances of not just making a deep run, but finishing it.  Graham's schedule will also be tough.  I don't know the full schedule yet.  I am talking about the fall, not this coming spring, but in the fall, I think Bluefield Researcher mentioned Graham picked up George Wythe and Blacksburg, and dropped Fort Chiswell and Princeton.  So, for the fall, the GMen I know have Bluefield, Richlands, Blacksburg, George Wythe, Tazewell, and I am not sure if we play Union again.  If we do, that's 6 very solid opponents.

P.S.  I think Tazewell's senior laden football team is seniors this year.......as in.....this spring.  If I'm not mistaken, the Dogs lose a bunch with graduation this spring and they may not/should not be quite as good this coming fall.

They will lose quite a bit.  The QB, Jordan, Harris, Taylor, Herndon that I can think of right off.  All of those will be big shoes to fill

5 hours ago, Counts said:

Shelby Valley was a great team to play for power points a AA team that was 9-1 and 8-2 the last two years RV played them there is no doubt that Richlands will be a better team year in and year out but SV will consistently get you more Power points for a win

Pikeville and Bluefield are a wash Bluefield is AA and one is about as good as the other (If Pikeville keeps fielding teams like 2019

I think replacing Honaker with Grundy is a good move as I think Grundy will win the BDD and end up with 7 wins

Keeping Burton is they are the class of the Cumberland and depending on there out of conference schedule will be good for a ton of points

Shelby Valley benefitted from the fact that the vast majority of EKY teams are downright awful.  That being said, power points and power points, and there is no RPI/SOS component to it.  Smart scheduling to pile up power points, but inadequate to prepare for the 2D playoffs.  Burton falls into that boat a little as well, with the Cumberland being...well...not very top heavy or deep.

I think Bluefield, in an average year, outclasses Pikeville, but it is admittedly close.  

The two others, I totally agree.

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Burton falls into that boat a little as well, with the Cumberland being...well...not very top heavy or deep.

Thankfully I feel like that is about to change.  I could be wrong but seeing some of the teams trajectory I feel like 2-3 could become thought of more highly in the coming seasons.

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...