Fan Attendance

footballfanatic

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tazewell's games will be on NFHS network (home games) and most of their away games.  Not sure if Riverheads uses NFHS.  

Spilboss is not trying to watch it online if he don’t have too. He’s got son’s on the team. 

12 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tazewell's games will be on NFHS network (home games) and most of their away games.  Not sure if Riverheads uses NFHS.  

We will also be carrying all games on the Tazewell Bulldog Radio Network, and we’re trying to examine ways to link the audio to the NFHS stream in real-time.  

Here in the People's Republic of Bedford, the only home team attendees will be the actual football team and cheerleaders.  However, the visiting team can bring as many spectators as VHSL/state protocols will allow (including their band, if they choose).

Because....you know....science?

52 minutes ago, RichlandsAlum said:

On the plus side, LHS has two games scheduled outside of Bedford County.  I suppose I may have a decent chance of seeing my son play in one of those.

Sorry.  I know that this is technically way outside the coverage area for this board.  Makes me feel better to vent.

It's absolutely ridiculous that the immediate family isn't allowed to go

3 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Here in the People's Republic of Bedford, the only home team attendees will be the actual football team and cheerleaders.  However, the visiting team can bring as many spectators as VHSL/state protocols will allow (including their band, if they choose).

are you kidding?

2 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

On the plus side, LHS has two games scheduled outside of Bedford County.  I suppose I may have a decent chance of seeing my son play in one of those.

Sorry.  I know that this is technically way outside the coverage area for this board.  Makes me feel better to vent.

vent away because this is stupid! hardees can have up to 49 people in there but football outdoors can have zero? crazy

3 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

are you kidding?

Nope.  Absolutely serious.

Winter sports season just passed without our teams being allowed to participate in a single regulation match/game of any kind.  But practices occurred every day under certain protocols.  In wrestling, for example, they had to stop every 50 minutes and sterilize/wash their hands.  Because....yeah.

This isn't as bad as what the good folks of Prince Edward experienced circa 1960.  But it sure feels closely aligned to it.

Just now, RichlandsAlum said:

Nope.  Absolutely serious.

Winter sports season just passed without our teams being allowed to participate in a single regulation match/game of any kind.  But practices occurred every day under certain protocols.  In wrestling, for example, they had to stop every 50 minutes and sterilize/wash their hands.  Because....yeah.

This isn't as bad as what the good folks of Prince Edward experienced circa 1960.  But it sure feels closely aligned to it.

this is so far out of control and covid karens out in force hall monitoring

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

We will also be carrying all games on the Tazewell Bulldog Radio Network, and we’re trying to examine ways to link the audio to the NFHS stream in real-time.  

There is an audio input jack on the computer that controls the camera. That will allow audio to be captured with the video stream. 

14 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

That is insane!   To my knowledge no outbreaks of any signifigance have been traced to any sporting event in Virginia. Hopefully you'll be able to watch you sons play in person.

Home teams are allowed 2 tickets per player. In my opinion all of this is very dumb. They should rope off the stands with sections 6 feet apart, Require mask, and if you got vaccinated then that card should be used as VHSL pass. It’s really pretty simple but the people in charge are absolutely incompetent.

11 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Home teams are allowed 2 tickets per player. In my opinion all of this is very dumb. They should rope off the stands with sections 6 feet apart, Require mask, and if you got vaccinated then that card should be used as VHSL pass. It’s really pretty simple but the people in charge are absolutely incompetent.

u can sit around the tracks as well

Here in Florida last fall, attendance was left up to individual counties/cities or private schools. St Lucie County schools decided to go with 1/2 capacity with online only tickets. Indian River and Martin County schools limited tickets the families of players, coaches and a limited number of students, as did John Carroll Catholic. Palm Beach County schools didn't start their season until late October and forgoed participating in the playoffs. They only allowed player families.