Bears versus Bobcats

Fairlawncat

Roast me All you want, but these kids man, they deserve it. Union led basically entire game. Radford had no answers inside and the combo of Bartee and Honeycutt hounded Cormany all night. He never got comfortable

But the biggest shot was Rasnicks three. Wow. He was shut down all game by Prielou but he finally got some space and hit the dagger. Credit Union defense, length and quickness held Radford and a D1 player to 35 points. 

Hey @UVAObserver PLEASE PLEASE pick East Rock. Please. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

You've been damn near Nostradameus but not sure even you saw this coming lol. 

I got a little worried for the Bears when Radford started turning up the heat and the officials were allowing comeback mode-but Rasnick hit the big one and they held on.

Radford scored 12 points in the first half-just an incredible defensive effort. 

12 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

I got a little worried for the Bears when Radford started turning up the heat and the officials were allowing comeback mode-but Rasnick hit the big one and they held on.

Radford scored 12 points in the first half-just an incredible defensive effort. 

I wasn't gonna be the first to bring it up but the third quarter was a mix of sloppy Union play and the officials deciding they wanted to see a closer game. I thought the rest of the game was pretty well officiated and the game was fine over all but in the third they allowed Radford to turn up the intensity quite a bit. But they didn't decide the game and I thought 3/4 quarters were well officiated judging by the AOA standard lol.

Radford had four points in second quarter. Four! 

10 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I wasn't gonna be the first to bring it up but the third quarter was a mix of sloppy Union play and the officials deciding they wanted to see a closer game. I thought the rest of the game was pretty well officiated and the game was fine over all but in the third they allowed Radford to turn up the intensity quite a bit. But they didn't decide the game and I thought 3/4 quarters were well officiated judging by the AOA standard lol.

Radford had four points in second quarter. Four! 

Congrats Union Bears. The better team won.

24 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Congrats Union Bears. The better team won.

Hey man thanks for coming back and checking in. You didn't have to do that, much respect.

I think Union is just a bad matchup for Radford. Radfords lack of size really stood out whereas the Union length really gave Radford fits. Being able to fight thru the screens and change shots inside and dominate the glass really allowed Union to control the game. Cormany bringing the player out to keep Bunch out of the paint opened the lane up a bit but Union is quick and athletic enough to try and recover. But I was really impressed with Prileou, he is quick as hell, is an absolute menace to anyone dribbling and could create his own shot. Cam Cormany struggled at times to make his own shot but PJ, man he could break down the defense and get into the lane and create havoc. PJs defense on Rasnick was absolutely incredible too, Rasnick only had seven points when he was averaging 18 ppg.

I'm sure you guys will be right back next year

11 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Hey man thanks for coming back and checking in. You didn't have to do that, much respect.

I think Union is just a bad matchup for Radford. Radfords lack of size really stood out whereas the Union length really gave Radford fits. Being able to fight thru the screens and change shots inside and dominate the glass really allowed Union to control the game. Cormany bringing the player out to keep Bunch out of the paint opened the lane up a bit but Union is quick and athletic enough to try and recover. But I was really impressed with Prileou, he is quick as hell, is an absolute menace to anyone dribbling and could create his own shot. Cam Cormany struggled at times to make his own shot but PJ, man he could break down the defense and get into the lane and create havoc. PJs defense on Rasnick was absolutely incredible too, Rasnick only had seven points when he was averaging 18 ppg.

I'm sure you guys will be right back next year

I agree with you BW.  I think Union was just flat out better.  When you have 4 of 5 players on the floor that can handle the ball like a point guard at the High School Level, it spells trouble for opponents.  Union's defense surprised me some.  I knew Union could score and handle it well, but we have got tons of open looks with our offense all year, and what impressed me the most was how Union moved and adjusted defensively with that zone to cover our shooters.  Also, Union simply has guys with good feet.  Cam could and has often created his own shot for most if not all of the year, but the defenders for Union lateral quickness and ability to move their feet was by the far, the best we've seen all year.  I hope we can repay you guys next year, but it will be tough with what you return.   In the mean time, go out and win the state title.  I will be rooting for you to win it.  As a contender who loses to an opponent, if you are going to lose, you want to lose to the best team.  Best wishes Union Bears and bring a state title home.  P.S.  I read your comments on PJ.  Man oh man, is this kid quick or what?  He's a gem and you have to see him on the football field in open space.  Kid can cut on a dime.  He's also a very good kid and carries a near 4.0 GPA.  He's made all A's and only one B in High School thus far.  He represents the Bobcats well.  Best wishes Bears

On 2/20/2021 at 11:08 AM, Fairlawncat said:

I agree with you BW.  I think Union was just flat out better.  When you have 4 of 5 players on the floor that can handle the ball like a point guard at the High School Level, it spells trouble for opponents.  Union's defense surprised me some.  I knew Union could score and handle it well, but we have got tons of open looks with our offense all year, and what impressed me the most was how Union moved and adjusted defensively with that zone to cover our shooters.  Also, Union simply has guys with good feet.  Cam could and has often created his own shot for most if not all of the year, but the defenders for Union lateral quickness and ability to move their feet was by the far, the best we've seen all year.  I hope we can repay you guys next year, but it will be tough with what you return.   In the mean time, go out and win the state title.  I will be rooting for you to win it.  As a contender who loses to an opponent, if you are going to lose, you want to lose to the best team.  Best wishes Union Bears and bring a state title home.  P.S.  I read your comments on PJ.  Man oh man, is this kid quick or what?  He's a gem and you have to see him on the football field in open space.  Kid can cut on a dime.  He's also a very good kid and carries a near 4.0 GPA.  He's made all A's and only one B in High School thus far.  He represents the Bobcats well.  Best wishes Bears

hey you guys did better than East Rock did! lol