Schedule for opening week?

Real Sasquatch

31 minutes ago, Burrall’s Pearls said:

Will Union be at full strength? Can Satterfield and all these bball guys even play week one? 

I would bet the basketball guys will have a hard time being ready.  The wrestlers may be getting in their required football practices a little more easily I would assume.

5 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Will Tazewell actually have it? They didn't have a camera for basketball...

Yes.  The issue with basketball was the height of the camera in the gym (much higher than Graham or Richlands)  and the chord not being long enough  and equipment issues.  My understanding was that the stuff was on order but didn't make it before the end of the season.  Football is ready to go.

Week 1 schedule:

Monday:

Pulaski @ Cave Spring

Rural Retreat @ Ft. Chiswell

Giles @ Radford

Central @ Ridgeview

John Battle @ Gate City

Lee @ Union

Grayson County @ Holston

Bath County @ Narrows

Northwood @ Grundy

Honaker @ Castlewood

Hurley @ Rye Cove

Twin Valley @ Twin Springs

J.I. Burton @ Chilhowie

Saturday:

Hidden Valley @ Pulaski

Gate City @ Abingdon

Floyd County @ Giles

Graham @ Richlands (Non-district matchup)

Tazewell @ Riverheads

Lebanon @ Honaker

Chilhowie @ Marion

Grundy @ Virginia

John Battle @ Central

Ridgeview @ Lee

Bland County @ Galax

George Wythe @ Rural Retreat

Narrows @ Parry McCluer

Hurley @ Eastside

Thomas Walker @ Twin Valley

Patrick Henry @ Holston

Several teams playing twice in the first week to have an open date later in the season.  

6 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yes.  The issue with basketball was the height of the camera in the gym (much higher than Graham or Richlands)  and the chord not being long enough  and equipment issues.  My understanding was that the stuff was on order but didn't make it before the end of the season.  Football is ready to go.

The equipment made it.  The installation by NFHS was substandard and wasn’t corrected in time for the end of basketball season.  Football is a go.  Still working to see if our audio can be synced to their video.

Narrows home games will be on their youtube channel like basketball was as far as I know.  As mentioned above they have Bath Co. at home on the 22nd.  The game scheduled at Parry McCluer on the 27th has been moved to 3/1 last checked.  Parry McCluer has been broadcasting their athletics on their school facebook page.

Giles has been putting their events on NFHS.  

I'm sure it's been posted already but how many fans are allowed at the games, is it still 250?  I know I won't be able to see Union since I can't get there 5 hours early but might be able to get in somewhere else

1 hour ago, rhs82 said:

Can anybody  explain NFHS to me ?  How

can I get it and how do I use it ? ( I'm just an old country boy who seldom uses a computer. )

Go to nfhsnetwork.com

You'll have to subscribe. It's $10.99 per month or $69.99 per year.

Once you sign up and subscribe you'll get to choose a school to support. I'm pretty sure the supporting school will receive some type of monetary reward.

That should get you setup. You'll also be able to follow certain schools and watch live events. If you hit the "on demand" tab you'll be able to watch archived games. Some of those games going back years depending on when the school got set up with nfhs

In order to watch games you can either search by school or if you have followed certain schools it should pop up on the main page.

1 hour ago, rhs82 said:

Can anybody  explain NFHS to me ?  How

can I get it and how do I use it ? ( I'm just an old country boy who seldom uses a computer. )

If you don’t want to go through all of that, Coaltown Taps in Richlands is showing all the Blues games.