Week 1 Break down AKA (Does anyone know anything LOL)

Counts

Week 1 schedule:

Monday:

Central @ Ridgeview - Big game in the Mountain 7 Central is coming into this season as the favorite to win the M7 and there ball control Offence seems Taylor made for the Snow and sleet  that has been our weather for all of February so far Central returns al skill positions and will need to fill a few spots on the LOS, RV is breaking in a new coach that IMHO is a tough task in any situation but in a season with no preseason to get a fill for anything before playing a team like Central is a big undertaking however with Adkins and Philips returning in the backfield  and what looks to be a BIG OL we may see 22 players within 6 yards of the ball in a battle of field possion 

John Battle @ Gate City - Gate City made BIG strides back toward being one of the Top Football programs in SWVA and it will be interesting to see if they can make another one this season and make a run at the playoffs John Battle is a good tune-up match for the Bluedeviles to get off on a winning note

Lee @ Union - No Idea what Lee brings to the table but I seem to think that they were young going into last season, Union lost alot but had good young talent last season and are a team that knows how to win I think Union is the favorite however with basketball going into game week Lee may have the upper hand in a week 1 matchup

Northwood @ Grundy - Northwood breaking in a new coach and Grundy looking to remain the to team in the BDD and one of the better in SWVA 1A

Honaker @ Castlewood - It is starting to seem like a long time ago that Honaker was a top SWVA team. That being said Hubbard's style of play relying heavy on the power running game will be great for early season weather

Hurley @ Rye Cove - No Idea

Twin Valley @ Twin Springs - No Idea

J.I. Burton @ Chilhowie - This has been a great matchup the last few years however Burton seems to be moveing back into the spot they held 10-12 years ago when they were at the top of Signal A

Saturday:

Gate City @ Abingdon - Tough game for GC on a short week I think Abingdon will have an advantage because of this

Graham @ Richlands (Non-district matchup) - the 2 Top SVD teams get a feel for each other in week one in a game for the title (Sorry Tazewell) later in the season

Tazewell @ Riverheads - Riverhead is tough to handle year in and year out knowing nothing of there team this season I have to give them the advantage at home 

Lebanon @ Honaker - If Lebanon can turn there program around they need a win over Honaker playing on a short week

Chilhowie @ Marion - Again Marion needs this week 1 win over a short week Chilhowie

Grundy @ Virginia - VHS will get a tough game out of Grundy but catching Grundy on a short week may turn it in there favor

Hurley @ Eastside - No Idea

Thomas Walker @ Twin Valley - No Idea

Patrick Henry @ Holston - No Idea

35 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

If this is truly the public consensus...there’s gonna be a lot of surprised people in April.

Help us out what will we be surprised by as far as I know very few people know anything about anyone this year other that returning players and honistly alot can change in 15 months for a teenager

Just my thoughts. No one really knows what's coming this season.

Central @ Ridgeview – Central is a veteran team and that's a big edge under these circumstances, RV has the best Back in the District and the best in the Region right now and that means a lot.

Battle @ Gate City – GC lost a lot, how do they bounce back? Does Battle have any bounce at all?

Lee @ Union – Lee, better but still not good. Union rolls with a stable of strong backs even though their passing game will be fresh out of the gym.

Northwood @ Grundy – The Wave may be little more than a ripple this season. NW, who knows?

Honaker @ Castlewood – Castlewood had a solid season in 2019 and is looking to build, Honaker has over achieved (relative to school size), constantly punching above their weight for 2 decades but that seems to have ran out.

Hurley @ Rye Cove – Word is the Rebels lack athleticism but can execute and are tough. RC has been building for a couple of years and look to continue to do so.

Twin Valley @ Twin Springs – TV has quality players, can they get over being TV? TS, its always a uphill battle for the Titans.

J.I. Burton @ Chilhowie – Is the run over for the Warriors?  Are the Raiders back? We will see

Saturday:

Gate City @ Abingdon -  The Falcons may be a little down from where they have been but should still be solid.

Graham @ Richlands (Non-district matchup)  Does this one count toward Powerpoints? If not then it’s a glorified JV game imo

Tazewell @ Riverheads – Props to the Bulldogs for scheduling the toughest nondistrict game this side of Charlottesville, but the Gladiators may be too much to handle.

Lebanon @ Honaker - Lebanon got in the Power-I and improved as the season went on, will they use that formula and continue improving this season?

Chilhowie @ Marion Everyone says the Hurricane will be little more than a summer breeze, this game will let us know just how bad Marion will be.

Battle @ Central – The Warriors should be too much for the Trojans to handle.

Grundy @ Virginia – The Bearcats will have size up front and athleticism in the backfield, probably too much for the Wave to handle.

Hurley @ Eastside – Unless im mistaken the last time Hurley went to Eastside the Rebel QB out on a fine show running the football, that wont be the case this time. The Spartans had some bright spots last season, they should be too much for Hurley to handle.

Thomas Walker @ Twin Valley – That’s a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG drive. That’s all I know for sure. TW looked to be pretty good a couple of years ago but it never materialized, maybe it will this season.

Patrick Henry @ Holston – PH wears Navy Blue and Holston wears Red… or maybe Black now, that’s all I know.

I'll reserve my opinion on the G-men, Bulldogs and Blue Tornado until after week 1.  Graham appears to be big and strong, Tazewell appears to be athletic, Richlands appears well-balanced and the element surprise with the new coach.  Can't wait to watch on NFHS !!

5 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I'll reserve my opinion on the G-men, Bulldogs and Blue Tornado until after week 1.  Graham appears to be big and strong, Tazewell appears to be athletic, Richlands appears well-balanced and the element surprise with the new coach.  Can't wait to watch on NFHS !!

Guess you missed where a certain Tazewell County coach Tweeted or maybe it was an interview; now this is a paraphrase; Tazewell isn’t as good as people think they’ll be, Graham lost almost all their starters, and everyone else in SWD stinks. I believe he also said he learned about football from playing Madden. We might need to forego the season and just crown the district champs now. 🏈🏆Who knows? Maybe he’s right, maybe he’s not. Maybe some things are better left unsaid & settled on the field, lol. I suppose we’ll see. 

5 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Guess you missed where a certain Tazewell County coach Tweeted or maybe it was an interview; now this is a paraphrase; Tazewell isn’t as good as people think they’ll be, Graham lost almost all their starters, and everyone else in SWD stinks. I believe he also said he learned about football from playing Madden. We might need to forego the season and just crown the district champs now. 🏈🏆Who knows? Maybe he’s right, maybe he’s now. I suppose we’ll see. 

If so, he is in for a rude-awakening, very rude in about 9 days from now.  Not a good idea to spout off like that before the season even starts.  Some teams take that kind of stuff personally. 

5 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Guess you missed where a certain Tazewell County coach Tweeted or maybe it was an interview; now this is a paraphrase; Tazewell isn’t as good as people think they’ll be, Graham lost almost all their starters, and everyone else in SWD stinks. I believe he also said he learned about football from playing Madden. We might need to forego the season and just crown the district champs now. 🏈🏆Who knows? Maybe he’s right, maybe he’s not. Maybe some things are better left unsaid & settled on the field, lol. I suppose we’ll see. 

Source/proof?

4 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Riverheads looks to be weak and slow . Maybe as bad as the 2000 team . They will struggle with any middle of the road team this year .

Well, they will get tested in week 1.  If they handle the Dogs, they should be pretty solid for 1 A.

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Source/proof?

Source came straight outta Blue Tornado country but maybe they’re just pulling everyone’s chain. Regardless, if any Tazewell Co team wins the SWD and goes beyond, I’ll be the first to congratulate them whether they’re a Bulldog, a Blue Tornado, or GMen! This season will be full of all kinds of whackyness , surprises, and road bumps if I were guessing. I just hope all teams stay healthy and gets their games in. Now, bring on the games!!!! 

45 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Source came straight outta Blue Tornado country but maybe they’re just pulling everyone’s chain.

So word of mouth... That doesn't seem like Coach's personality to openly talk about opponents like that. I fail to believe it until there is actual physical evidence that he did so. I think our coaching staff knows that the county is truly up for grabs this year and respects the challenges posed by both Graham and Tazewell.

12 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

So word of mouth... That doesn't seem like Coach's personality to openly talk about opponents like that. I fail to believe it until there is actual physical evidence that he did so. I think our coaching staff knows that the county is truly up for grabs this year and respects the challenges posed by both Graham and Tazewell.

Like I said, the person might be pulling everyone’s chain. I hope all games between county opponents are good competitive games and all players stay healthy through this craziness. I agree definitely up for grabs. Hey, lots of things that come out are Hardees are more reliable than the news these days. Lol. Good luck to all Tazewell County teams!!! 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Like I said, the person might be pulling everyone’s chain. I hope all games between county opponents are good competitive games and all players stay healthy through this craziness. I agree definitely up for grabs. Hey, lots of things that come out are Hardees are more reliable than the news these days. Lol. Good luck to all Tazewell County teams!!! 

Maybe you should put your chain away so it wouldn't be so easily pulled...