250 for football!!!

VHSLhelper

3 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

So were more than 250 allowed inside the Stone Castle for the 2 games played there?

Sad thing is I watched TN High/D Boone back in August (maybe September) and there were thousands there. 

The decisions being made right now in VA are pitiful 

Kids playing was goal #1

Goal #2 let's get attendance up

It's not about complaining, it's about not depriving people of something they enjoy or preventing them from supporting our youth in their endeavors. Especially when that decision isn't based on logic, science, or really anything else

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Kids playing was goal #1

Goal #2 let's get attendance up

It's not about complaining, it's about not depriving people of something they enjoy. Especially when that decision isn't based on logic, science, or really anything else

Yeah ok

A B C store open, D M V , appointment only, 250 for HS football but 1000 allowed for a concert, yet Walmart is wide open , that was me wearing blackface , ooops no it wasn’t yes Ralphie North-I have no sense , needs to let the local school boards / districts handle there own affairs, lord knows he sure don’t act like we exist when it comes to funding, Someone needs to knee him in the nuts, just to check to see if he has any.I am all about the kids safety but this same man says we need kids in school, last time I checked, they go home to their parents, go to work, date, see aunt’s uncles and grandmas , geeez this man——oooops , potato head needs to go to Oz and ask for a brain

11 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

A B C store open, D M V , appointment only, 250 for HS football but 1000 allowed for a concert, yet Walmart is wide open , that was me wearing blackface , ooops no it wasn’t yes Ralphie North-I have no sense , needs to let the local school boards / districts handle there own affairs, lord knows he sure don’t act like we exist when it comes to funding, Someone needs to knee him in the nuts, just to check to see if he has any.I am all about the kids safety but this same man says we need kids in school, last time I checked, they go home to their parents, go to work, date, see aunt’s uncles and grandmas , geeez this man——oooops , potato head needs to go to Oz and ask for a brain

Hey don't knock the ABC being open. That's about the only way we can deal with this stuff😂

17 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Well, Bluefield College is allowed 30% capacity at Mitchell Stadium under Governor’s order but yet Graham is allowed 250 in the same stadium. 

If Bluefield College ever turned out 250 to one of their games, it'd would be a team record. I've done some of their games and swear I've counted no more than 80 at any of them.  

1 hour ago, chipinbogey said:

If Bluefield College ever turned out 250 to one of their games, it'd would be a team record. I've done some of their games and swear I've counted no more than 80 at any of them.  

This may be true but not the point, lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Gate City decided not to go with this policy. When I asked about it I was told Gate City isn't in that region. That is what the principal told the school board member I talked to. 

Interesting. Any idea as to what they are doing?

On 2/28/2021 at 9:26 PM, Gridiron60 said:

Well, Bluefield College is allowed 30% capacity at Mitchell Stadium under Governor’s order but yet Graham is allowed 250 in the same stadium. 

If im not mistaken Bluefield College stadium is in WV. I remember the state line being in the corner as you pass the basketball stadium 40 years ago. Would that not have different spectator rules?

38 minutes ago, oldfool said:

If im not mistaken Bluefield College stadium is in WV. I remember the state line being in the corner as you pass the basketball stadium 40 years ago. Would that not have different spectator rules?

It is in WV hence why everybody wonders why Graham plays and 250 people, few hours later Bluefield College plays and 1000 people

3 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I think both schools could push the issue but I don't think they want to deal with the main stream media, aka fascists, that would rake them over the coals and the time it would take to mount a legal defense. 

Graham would be crucified on social media if they skirted the restrictions of 250. The hassle is just not worth it to them I’m sure. Plus, I doubt Chris Stacy would want to deal with the fallout. Me on the other hand, I’d push the envelope and give Ralph the big middle finger salute and pack that stadium! 

Just as a side note, i watched parts of Richlands game and noticed what i believe to fans sitting on visitor side. What was the deal with that?  Wont there so i cant say why they were there. Might have been parents of Richlands players for all i know. The camera never showed the fans on home team side.

21 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Just as a side note, i watched parts of Richlands game and noticed what i believe to fans sitting on visitor side. What was the deal with that?  Wont there so i cant say why they were there. Might have been parents of Richlands players for all i know. The camera never showed the fans on home team side.

Tazewell parents were in the visitor bleachers. Richlands parents in the home stands. And about double what was inside — was outside the fence and up on the hillside.