250 for football!!!

VHSLhelper

16 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Tazewell parents were in the visitor bleachers. Richlands parents in the home stands. And about double what was inside — was outside the fence and up on the hillside. 

I wanted to goto a game and was told i would be asked to leave if i tried to watch from a sidewalk. Kinda rubs me wrong seeing how the sidewalk is public property and you have a right to use it. 

14 minutes ago, oldfool said:

I wanted to goto a game and was told i would be asked to leave if i tried to watch from a sidewalk. Kinda rubs me wrong seeing how the sidewalk is public property and you have a right to use it. 

Although I agree completely, I wonder if it has to do with each location?  For example Tazewell sidewalk going up and in would technically be school property I would think.

16 minutes ago, oldfool said:

@stu_bean may be correct about it depending on each location. At the Tazewell vs Marion game I seen a few people on the sidewalk, some on the hill above the stadium and several parked in their cars,watching the game. 

Even tho legally they do not have the right to stop you from using the sidewalk, you have to ask yourself do you trust the police to know the law? Is it worth your time to challenge it in court if needed? Not worth the effort to me just rubs me wrong to have my rights violated. The sidewalk is along a public street not on the school property itself.

21 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Even tho legally they do not have the right to stop you from using the sidewalk, you have to ask yourself do you trust the police to know the law? Is it worth your time to challenge it in court if needed? Not worth the effort to me just rubs me wrong to have my rights violated. The sidewalk is along a public street not on the school property itself.

At a Central softball game everyone sits on sidewalk and no one has a problem with it there, guess it's according to where you are.

Ok new guideline for April says 500 at outdoor stadiums?  Somehow I don't see anything really changing as far as fans going to playoff games unfortunately.

Something that doesn't make sense to me though.  Doesn't the following contradict itself?  As said by Ralphie:

Outdoor venues can operate at a 30 percent capacity with no limits on the actual number of people.

For example, a baseball stadium that holds 9,500 fans will be able to host a crowd of roughly 3,000. That will give people room to socially distance, Northam said.

Indoor recreational sporting events will be able to have 100 people per field or 30 percent capacity. Outdoor events will be able to accommodate 500 people per field or 30% capacity

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Ok new guideline for April says 500 at outdoor stadiums?  Somehow I don't see anything really changing as far as fans going to playoff games unfortunately.

Something that doesn't make sense to me though.  Doesn't the following contradict itself?  As said by Ralphie:

Outdoor venues can operate at a 30 percent capacity with no limits on the actual number of people.

For example, a baseball stadium that holds 9,500 fans will be able to host a crowd of roughly 3,000. That will give people room to socially distance, Northam said.

Indoor recreational sporting events will be able to have 100 people per field or 30 percent capacity. Outdoor events will be able to accommodate 500 people per field or 30% capacity

Always go with the more restrictive of the two.  Nothing King Ralph does makes a lick of sense.

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I just don't understand how you just specifically said 3000 in a baseball stadium then immediately follow with outdoor sports 500.

Where you went wrong is trying to use logic to understand one of Ralph's decisions. You will never be able to arrive at a logical answer for anything he does.

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

Where you went wrong is trying to use logic to understand one of Ralph's decisions. You will never be able to arrive at a logical answer for anything he does.

First point on here that I really have no argument for lol

10 hours ago, stu_bean said:

I just don't understand how you just specifically said 3000 in a baseball stadium then immediately follow with outdoor sports 500.

The 3000 is for “entertainment venues.”

HS sports are considered “recreational activities” unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

The 3000 is for “entertainment venues.”

HS sports are considered “recreational activities” unfortunately. 

You’re 6 times less likely to get infected at a Chris Stapleton concert than a high school football game.  It’s science.

11 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I never said it was a smart rule lol. 

I read that he was asked why there was a difference between capacities of "rec events" and "entertainment events," and his response was that rec events aren't capable of being "properly staffed."

That sounds to me like a churched up way of saying, "high schools can't police the stands to enforce the mask ordinance."

1 hour ago, Plywood_King said:

I read that he was asked why there was a difference between capacities of "rec events" and "entertainment events," and his response was that rec events aren't capable of being "properly staffed."

That sounds to me like a churched up way of saying, "high schools can't police the stands to enforce the mask ordinance."

To be fair... he's probably right on that aspect. You can't expect a place like Twin Springs (not downing them) to have enough staff to enforce mask wearing. I still think it's dumb, but I can at least maybe sorta halfway see a sliver of where he's coming from on that. 

6 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

To be fair... he's probably right on that aspect. You can't expect a place like Twin Springs (not downing them) to have enough staff to enforce mask wearing. I still think it's dumb, but I can at least maybe sorta halfway see a sliver of where he's coming from on that. 

Honestly though show me a town in this area where they would enforce it fully in compliance to begin with.

12 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

You’re 6 times less likely to get infected at a Chris Stapleton concert than a high school football game.  It’s science.

I've had a few things follow me home from a concert that in my mind is way worse than Covid. 

6 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Honestly though show me a town in this area where they would enforce it fully in compliance to begin with.

Well, thus far I’m 4/4 in having (1) temperature taken and (2) checked for mask.  Honestly, the bigger deal in terms of stopping a pandemic are the people conglomerating outside the fences (looking at you, Richlands and Lebanon) that are quite clearly public gatherings in excess of the Potentate’s Executive Order(s) while also not social distancing.  I’m not blaming those folks, because I think the whole concept is illogical and unscientific in the first place, but it does marginally increase what is a highly unlikely risk.

At that point, you’re better off letting them in and checking to make sure they’re 6 feet away from each other.  Again, it’s not as if outdoor transmission is a huge vector to begin with.

29 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Well, thus far I’m 4/4 in having (1) temperature taken and (2) checked for mask.  Honestly, the bigger deal in terms of stopping a pandemic are the people conglomerating outside the fences (looking at you, Richlands and Lebanon) that are quite clearly public gatherings in excess of the Potentate’s Executive Order(s) while also not social distancing.  I’m not blaming those folks, because I think the whole concept is illogical and unscientific in the first place, but it does marginally increase what is a highly unlikely risk.

At that point, you’re better off letting them in and checking to make sure they’re 6 feet away from each other.  Again, it’s not as if outdoor transmission is a huge vector to begin with.

Of course they are going through the motions to get in there but after that it's anybody's guess as far as keep your distance or keep a mask on

I don't think any of the General Public will get in at most schools.  Tickets are going to be allotted to family members of football, band, cheerleaders.  That will take care of most of those tickets.  It would be too much hassle to try to sell and limit tickets to the public. Maybe when the playoffs start, the VHSL will throw a hissy fit and convince Ralph to let more people in, so the VHSL can rake in it's yearly bounty.

4 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Oh my spot on the hill — there’s no one within 20 feet of me lol. #ABSD 😂