Riverheads Vs. Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

They are a big 1A  team in the past they they have been a Power running team  with a tough D think they are  in a wing T or straight T for the most part Not sure about D year in and year out one of the top teams in A

6 hours ago, Counts said:

They are a big 1A  team in the past they they have been a Power running team  with a tough D think they are  in a wing T or straight T for the most part Not sure about D year in and year out one of the top teams in A

Correction....they are a 2A team enrollment wise playing in 1A

12 hours ago, Counts said:

Wing-T but their offense most closely resembles a Double Wing in style, alignment,  plays

17 hours ago, redtiger said:

Wing-T but their offense most closely resembles a Double Wing in style, alignment,  plays

They run about 80% of their action out of a double-wing formation, despite being a “Wing-T” team.  As my friend above says, Zac Smiley is the returning 1A player of the year; and would likely have more stats if they weren’t so balanced.  He’s not physically overwhelming, but has a MENSA-level football IQ.  Riverheads lost some experience, but has plenty remaining.

Playing a double-wing or Wing-T team is all about discipline.  Can you match the execution?  Tazewell certainly has the athletes to compete.  Can Tazewell match the discipline?  

Game of the Week as far as I’m concerned.  😉

I've seen them line up in Wing-T, Double Wing, and Wishbone backfields with 1 or 2 TEs but the plays are the same: Trap, Belly, Crossbuck, Counter, Power, Superpower. Occasionally they have a really good passing game.  It seems like they never really have dominate backs but they're very balanced and execute with precision.  Very impressive team from year to year.

I'll put it in the top 2 games for the week.  One I'd LOVE to see in person 

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Playing a double-wing or Wing-T team is all about discipline.  Can you match the execution?  Tazewell certainly has the athletes to compete.  Can Tazewell match the discipline?  

IMO discipline has been the Achilles heal for Tazewell over the last 5 years. I would say more times than not they equal or better than most teams they play from a talent aspect. But between the ears they get beat. Maybe that changes this year idk that’s just what I’ve seen.

49 minutes ago, redtiger said:

I've seen them line up in Wing-T, Double Wing, and Wishbone backfields with 1 or 2 TEs but the plays are the same: Trap, Belly, Crossbuck, Counter, Power, Superpower. Occasionally they have a really good passing game.  It seems like they never really have dominate backs but they're very balanced and execute with precision.  Very impressive team from year to year.

I'll put it in the top 2 games for the week.  One I'd LOVE to see in person 

I know that is you type of offense man I hate that in person isn’t a thing this year

4 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Can we refer to them as the "Augusta All Stars?"  Seems like it would be more accurate.

This game had a live feed on YouTube . I watched it and it looks to me like the way to beat Riverheads is simple . Score more points than they do .

On 2/24/2021 at 12:24 AM, EH31 said:

I hear Riverheads is fat and slow compared to years past . I will watch the game on TV and have a better view than on the Radio . Weather may be a huge factor in this one . jmo

4 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

This game had a live feed on YouTube . I watched it and it looks to me like the way to beat Riverheads is simple . Score more points than they do .

I hear Riverheads is fat and slow compared to years past . I will watch the game on TV and have a better view than on the Radio . Weather may be a huge factor in this one . jmo

Buddy I'm not going to lie you are pretty annoying. You have to be "that one" fan that every school has that is just annoying as crap. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Buddy I'm not going to lie you are pretty annoying. You have to be "that one" fan that every school has that is just annoying as crap. Lol. 

Every group of fans has the jackwagons that makes the remainder look bad.  I must say, I was extremely impressed by (and thankful for) at how we were treated by Riverheads today.  Every last person, to a fault, was gracious and accommodating.  They are certainly proud of their team, with good reason.  Certainly saw the good side of a collection of fans that are maligned quite a bit.